Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

I like a lot of those portraits, but not all of them. I still dislike the scantily-clad women ones. I mean, who would adventure in some of that stuff? Sheesh!

Personally, I prefer the STYLE of portraits in BG1 or BG2, though I would agree with a previous poster that a lot of them were butchered. It could have worked out much better with the portraits of just the faces had they not included all the ugly braids, etc. They look much better when some fans modified the portraits to eliminate that stuff.

I would love to see his involvement with this project.

Using a signed portrait as a stretch goal could prove to be lucractive to the project. Many people are fans of his work.

It could be a new reward tier (8k perhaps?). I'd image there'd be a lot of people interested in having a custom portrait in the game. All the same, I think hiring Justin as a stretch goal would mean a serious funding increase.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

...and fat, I am really sick of all heroes being super models, I want my saviour of the world to be awesome piece of fat.

Save the world, get a grill :)

Here here, variety is everything. Fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly, beautiful, scarred. I want it all~

Knight Drei of the Obsidian Order

Yeah Mr Sweets illustrations are..well...sweet. I like their detail and especially his representation of armoured ladies, they're stunning without resorting to the Frazetta style focus on the superior genetics. That said i'm sure Obsidian got some really talented artists allready on staff.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Justin Sweet is an amazing illustrator.

But shouldn't this game be made by Obsidian?

And shouldn't Obsidian artists (which I have not clue who they are or their portfolio) have a chance to shine as well?

The ranger dwarf looked good to me.

image-159904-full.jpg

Not as sweet as the ones by Sweet, but still quite good.

Edited by hideo kuze

Justin Sweet is an amazing illustrator.

But shouldn't this game be made by Obsidian?

And shouldn't Obsidian artists (which I have not clue who they are or their portfolio) have a chance to shine as well?

The ranger dwarf looked good to me.

Not as sweet as the ones by Sweet, but still good.

Sweet was involved in the Icewind Dale series, so in truth it'd be more like going back to the roots :)

After all, PE is very much about nostalgia and bringing back the old titles.

And should this stretch goal bring more funding into the project, all the better!

Edited by Karranthain

The bodies are drawn very detailed, but I found the "high res" BG2 portraits more to my liking.

They had more color and liveliness as the above example. (I just saw an Imoen Avatar above I think)

The pictures here look beautiful - yes - but a bit lifeless and more suited for nameless characters.

But that is just my opinion.

Agree 100% with this guy. BG and NwN portraits were much more personal, and had a lot detail. I think a portrait should be from the shoulders and up to get maximum detail around the face area.

Looks very nice, but this is all concept art. I would like to see something that is actually a finished portrait.

These aren't concept art, these (well maybe not specifically these) were the finished portraits from IWD2

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle