Bring in BioWare or Other Legendary Designers as Stretch Goal

More designers/writers as a stretch goal  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want legendary BioWare designers to take part in the development of PE?

• Yes, bring in everyone willing!
    • Yes, but bring in only those who worked on the BG series and/or the Infinity Engine
    • No, this game should be made by Obsidian exclusively.

I'd quite like to see what Obsidian would come up with in collaboration with Warren Spector or Ken Levine*, but that's a pipe dream and likely a case of too many cooks/ chiefs as well.

Oh no, Constantine SHODAN Fontlas Elizabeth Unknown Veiled Antagonist has betrayed me!

I'd be interested to see Gaider on it. See what he pulls out with old-school objectives. He definitely aimed for mature themes in Dragon Age 1 and 2, it just got sidetracked.

However, the logistics of it would be too troublesome for a serious interest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I rather they take real fantasy writers over these 'less talented writers' that continues to insert homosexual romances and blood-bathing violence in a 'darker edgier setting.' They had an action movie end to ME3 derailed by some dude who thinks about inserting some thoughtful philosophical BS and thinks it will make decisions harder. Guess what? It didn't work. They think too highly of themselves and it blew up in their face.

And Dragon Age universe is horrid piece of work:

Cult Drinking Blood to achieve power - Yes.

Blood Magic - Yes.

Homosexual Romance - Yes

It's like Twilight suddenly teaming up with White Wolf.

You don't want to bring in Bioware. Casey Hudson would just **** it up royal because his ideas supercede other ideas. A better choice would be Beamdog, which has many of the fine gentlemen who worked on BG. Though I've heard Black Isle was recently resurrected, and I'm not sure what talent they have currently.

Have you played Bioware's recent titles? Their writing has become a joke.

No one from Bioware, please.

Eh Gaider and Patrick would be finew s they are the only writers worth anything at that shell, Gaider though since he has strong ties with BG. It's not like people want Casey Hudson to help, because that would be bad.

I say this, if they team up with certain Bioware devs, they need to mention the names right away and what they have written. If you just say Bioware, what Korron just said will happen and it will be a sad day for rpg games.

Gaider and Lukas(or did he quit?) are the best and the only peopel from Bioware Obsidein should even think about if they look at Bioware, maybe Patrick as he is a good writer who sadly has to work under EA and the shell called Bioware.

Then again, my dream is Gaider and Patrick quiting and going to Obsidian, where their talents will be put to better use.

I voted yes. Hypothetically speaking if Obsidian needed assistance around development, which I'm sure they don't,why wouldn't you bring in other skilled developers. Biowares perceived failures are not around the coding of there games but the direction and change of the gameplay. Also if anything I would blame EA for this and not Bioware.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No thanks...

1st - there are not many people at the current Bioware, which would be able to craft a more than decent RPG. Their writing just went to a dump level with DA2 and ME3.

2nd - that's not Bioware, but EAs division, so I would assume that there would be a) some legal strings attached to any form of co-operation and b) possibly future profits sharing

Apparently you've never touched Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, Bruce :D

No I haven't play ME in MP. But is that a example for bad coding? I know many stable single player games that become problematic in MP

In fact one positive thing I will say about Bioware is that with DA1&2 and all the ME I had almost no crashes. The games were very stable. Isn't that a sign of good development skills?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Apparently you've never touched Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, Bruce :D

No I haven't play ME in MP. But is that a example for bad coding? I know many stable single player games that become problematic in MP

In fact one positive thing I will say about Bioware is that with DA1&2 and all the ME I had almost no crashes. The games were very stable. Isn't that a sign of good development skills?

It's one thing to make a game stable and another to make it bug-free entirely.