Will be interesting to see how far they take the alternate approaches in the game. The IE games were not really great with this all in all (Torment being the one that focused a lot more on non-combat overall). But I would love for them to take a page from Fallout in this and provide many ways to accomplish your objectives.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'd like this too, not killing anyone at all in the game might be difficult to do, but being able to resolve most quest etc in a peaceful way. Would probably require some pacifist skills, and speech checks like in Fallout NW to make it fun and challenging throughout the entire game.

Abso-flipping-lutely. There are so many ways around problems that don't involve mass murder, and at least putting in a good faith effort to make such optional pathways available to most (if not all) classes would not be remiss.

Edited by LadySpace
  • Like 1

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

I agree with this, as well. I would like to have diplomatic solutions to many quests.

It would also be nice to be able to use disguises like in Fallout to bypass combat. Perhaps our characters' persuasive abilities could be used to determine whether the diguise is successful or not.

I agree with this, as well. I would like to have diplomatic solutions to many quests.

It would also be nice to be able to use disguises like in Fallout to bypass combat. Perhaps our characters' persuasive abilities could be used to determine whether the diguise is successful or not.

Or even things like "charm" and so on :)

I am always for seeing the Charisma stat beefed up. A lot of games do a very poor job of making pacifist playthroughs possible.

New Vegas did a wonderful job of making the Speech skill God-Tier (plenty of fights with speech checks felt downright suicidal, passing the check could literally save your life), but the charisma attribute still needed work.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

... I don't think so.

First off, I love the non-lethal approach, but your party members are probably people with weapons and fireballs. And there's probably going to be tactics involved as it is, so I doubt including non-lethal combat is going to be a serious thing. It's hard to tell someone not to use their weapon of stabbing if that's what they're trained to do.

However, if there were to be a 'pacifist' thing, wouldn't we need classes like monks/martial artists/lots of non-lethal spells that still damages?

... I don't know, that sounds like a stretch and not something that is essential to fantasy setting.

It would be easier if you could kill non-essential enemies, include a cutscene when the boss is low on HP, and then have an option to spare him/arrest him/execute him/let him go for moneyz.

I'm not against non-lethal take downs by any means, and if they include it, awesome. But realistically speaking, it's just not that important enough for a setting such as this. In Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, KOTOR 2.. They worked fine without the pacifist thing, but you got your moments where you could warn people to back off, and spare others. I feel that's enough for games like these.

I agree completely, I love games where you can solve problems without fighting. Even the boss battles, I do not care if you have to be extremly maxed out in social skills, but I want the ability. Even fallout you could talk the final boss master down, the same with PST. Vampire the masqurade bloodlines was fantistic till the final boss. I love creating social characters who talk and stealth their way through areas.

Stealth (disquise, invisibility cloak, hiding/lurking in shadows, etc)

Dialog (threaten, seduce, bribe, blackmail, using logical arguments, etc)

non lethal takedowns (tranq poisons darts, magic sleep, vulcan neck pinch..etc)

There are great ideas in this thread. Beyond stealth, I'd like a play style where you're on the battlefield but nobody dares to fight the PC just because of his reputation as someone who can ruin your life thanks to his relationships or even cultists.

As long as there is a possibility to show off diplomatic skills like you could do in Arcanum by uniting Tarante and Caladon, I'm all in.