Novel? Or at least a short story about this new world?

Jumping the gun here I realize, but... Prior to the release of BioWare's newly created Dragon Age universe, lead writer David Gaider wrote a couple books which gave us an early look at the history, culture, setting, etc.

I realize this team will be much smaller, but has there been any consideration of perhaps writing something to give us a brief overview of "The World" (which I assume will get a proper name eventually)?

I could never take video games books too seriously, even when they're written by competent writers. I've read a few Blizzard novels, as well as works related to Mass Effect. To put it shortly, I was not impressed at all.

I'd much preffer a 'Mass Effect'-like Codex library, with snipets of information added to it as the game progresses. Seems more efficient, I don't now.

I could never take video games books too seriously, even when they're written by competent writers. I've read a few Blizzard novels, as well as works related to Mass Effect. To put it shortly, I was not impressed at all.

I'd much preffer a 'Mass Effect'-like Codex library, with snipets of information added to it as the game progresses. Seems more efficient, I don't now.

Ewww, Karpyshynn (or however it's spelled) is a horrible non-game content writer, and the ME books were atrocious. That's sad to say because the Mass Effect games/universe is probably my absolute favorite. David Gaider's books, however, were quite good. But a novel is a major time commitment, which is why a short story would perhaps be more appropriate.

Just please no friggin' comic or anime...

Edited by Chaos Theory

Considering myself a creative writer, I'd love to see a short story or something based on Project Eternity. It doesn't even have to be an extensive tale, I'd be happy with just a fragment of what the world is like. Something to sink our teeth in.

Skald of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

A compilation of short stories in one book could be interesting. Each story would follow a minor adventure of one of the game's companions, some could even intertwine at points. It would not only give us some insight into the characters' histories, but also shed a bit of light on the world itself.