I can bet you that some people see those higher tiers and say "Damn, I want that cloth map, but I don't want the rest", as I'm one of them.

Why not new, different Tiers? The Classic Box tier: the game + the cloth map? Or The RPG Player tier: the game + collectors book (player's manual, monster manual, campaign setting)?

I would upgrade my pledge from the 65$ (that's 80$ for me :() to 80$ if I had the cloth map. Or even higher if it had the cloth map and the RPG tier. I just don't see the appeal of the other rewards at higher tiers and it feels like, to me, like a waste of money*.

* Don't get me wrong here. I'm still want to see this game to happen.

What about making the bonuses freely selectable? For each dollar given to the project, a backer receives a certain amount of credits - a one-use currency, which he or she will be able to exchange for the differently-priced bonuses he'd like to receive.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that's almost impossible, or at least is out of Obsidian's control.

Edited by Littlefinger
  • Like 1

Yeah, there's definitely a gap in the physical tiers, a lot of people would likely pay a lot more than $20 if there wasn't.

Wasteland 2 had a big box + manual + cloth map and a lot of digital goodies like soundtrack, novella etc. at the $50 tier ($65) and a lot of people went for that.

There was already a collector's edition at $100 ($115) with miniature, badge and it went on from there.

On Project Eternity $65 ($80) is just a boxed version of the game with a manual, and the way it sounds e.g. not "LARGE BOXED COPY OF WASTELAND 2" in capitals does sound a lot like just a DVD case with a manual.

The next worthwhile physical tier afterwards is already at $140 ($165) with the cloth map and patch.

If this follows WL2's approach then the new tiers won't show up till later on in the Kickstarter.

Basically, as funding starts to slow down later on in the month you'll probably get some bridging tiers, especially between $35 and $65 to get a few people to upgrade. It's something of a 'lategame strategy'.

Clearly every single iteration of pledge combinations should appear on the kickstarter webpage to appease every single individual.

On a less sarcastic note, no.

And why no? Why so vehement? How does it affect you, exactly? Do you work for Obsidian or are you a feasability expert, maybe?

I had a longer post on this, but the crash lost it.

Long story short -

- more tiers should be coming, but should be staggered out to maintain interest in the campaign.

- tiers should be used to increase, not decrease, overall revenue... offering something form a higher tier in a lower-cost tier may well cause many to downgrade their donation

I pledged the 35, but I'd up it to 50-65 to get the hardcover book instead of digital, signatures not required.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I can imagine there would be logistical challenges with offering any combination of items. Look at AAA publisher games having trouble offering 3-4 different versions of their product. Double Fine had similar tiers to Obsidian and it cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars to make and ship it all to everyone, especially because developers don't usually handle that sort of stuff.

It's not as easy as having it all in a big warehouse and ticking off a checklist. That said, they said they were looking at digital tiers so maybe they would end up being a little different.

If they could set up a backer marketplace with some of the higher level physical rewards that you could straight up purchase that would be cool. Limit access to only backers so you still need to contribute to the prokect in order to get access

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg