Will Project Eternity raise 10M?

Seeing how fast primary goal was achieved, I can't but wonder how epic this fundraiser will be. What do you think? Will Obsidian get over 10 million and create the greatest RPG ever?

You gotta realize less people will be willing to donate as their initial goal becomes more and more secure.

Some people donate solely out of neccesity, and they've already crossed that line. The further they get away from that line, the more donations will slow down.

I think 3-4mil is a good estimate for now.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Maybe if we convince Bill Gates about how good our cause is...

Am I the only one that saw "Bill Gates' Son" lurking the forums earlier?

WE GOT THIS. 8)

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

With the right amount of new information (videos, screenshots, concept art, articles, etc.) released in due time, I think Obsidian won't have much of a problem getting to 1.6-1.8M. After that it won't be so easy.

Perhaps a stretch goal which entails adding more of the legendary designers of old-school RPGs (ex-Obsidian, ex-BIS, ex-Bioware) to the Eternity development team (ala the Wasteland 2 team including Chris Avellone) may actually induce people to up their pledges to 2.5M and beyond. :)

Yeah, I agree that meeting first funding goal will impede the later funding. They would be better off if they asked for 3M and then added big stretch goals.

But it's only second day so i'm sure that they will think of something to raise more money.

I think Longknife is correct. The pledges have slowed down. I have put the information out where ever I can and know some people have pledged because of that. Pass the word around. Once we get more information, more screenshots, more videos showing us something the pledges may pick up some.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

With the right amount of new information (videos, screenshots, concept art, articles, etc.) released in due time, I think Obsidian won't have much of a problem getting to 1.6-1.8M. After that it won't be so easy.

Perhaps a stretch goal which entails adding more of the legendary designers of old-school RPGs (ex-Obsidian, ex-BIS, ex-Bioware) to the Eternity development team (ala the Wasteland 2 team including Chris Avellone) may actually induce people to up their pledges to 2.5M and beyond. :)

They have not really started with the game. That is why you will get it in 2014 and not tomorrow^^

Also they almost reached 1.4 million. By the end of next week they should easily have reached their stretch goals.

Yeah, I agree that meeting first funding goal will impede the later funding. They would be better off if they asked for 3M and then added big stretch goals.

But it's only second day so i'm sure that they will think of something to raise more money.

They were playing safe, I think, and didn't expect that the initial goal will be reached in 24 hours or so.

It will reach 4 or 5 million MAX. It will probably end at 3 to 4 million though.

They would either have to name this game Badlur's Gate III or make some kind of fantastic announcement for it to reach 10 million.

Edited by dlux

:closed:

It doesn't matter if the push loses steam and they get little more than what they have so far, the real question is the game. If they take the kickstarter funding and create an awesome game, there's a good chance we'll see even greater amounts in the future. Once kickstarter gets real widespread street cred, it's going to be much bigger than I think a lot of folks realize. Someday, I think we're going to see end runs that folks today would probably say right now is nothing more than a pipe dream. I think this is gonna be big.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

They have not really started with the game. That is why you will get it in 2014 and not tomorrow^^

I know they have not started working seriously. That's why I'm expecting mostly articles and interviews with the developers describing the setting for Eternity in a little bit more detail, as well as the occasional piece of new concept art. I think that should satisfy most of the people saying that we don't have enough info to pledge (or, to pledge more). ;)

10M is highly unlikely. I am hoping to see 5M, but that would require the Kickstarter to pick up pace again.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Is there any possibility that kickstarter funds could be used to raise further development funds? If we raise 3-4 million in donations purely for a concept, couldn't you go to a bank and take out a loan based on "Hey, there's clearly a market for this. Give us a couple of million and we'll pay back with interest."? Could do the same thing with some investors. I'm not talking about going to a publisher or relinquishing any amount of creative control. It'd be a purely financial thing.

• Like 1