3 races guys? Player housing?

In PST, the races of you party were as followed:

Tiefling, Githerzeri, Succubus, Modron (think sentient geometric shape, with machine parts) Human(oid) who is a living conduit to the Elemental Plane of Fire, a suit of Armor animated by the ghost of the guy who used to where it, and of course, a floating skull.

Other races met included Alu-fiends (half-succubus) some devils, a couple of women of an unkown race who could shaped reality by describing events as if reading it from a story and a whole slew of other things that absoluting did not include elves and dwarves.

In other D&D games tiefling is one name for mixed breed with demon or devil. Fall from grace was HALF demon, because her mother was a succubus. She herself was a half breed.

Morte - human's skull.

Dakkon - gith.

Anna - Tiefling

FFG - Tiefling

Vhailor - human ghost

Ignus - human mage

Modron - brain fart.

Edited by l3loodangel

Also, having a thousand races does not make for a believable or enjoyable world.

If everyone is different than noone is different...

I dislike when developers give each companion a stupid different race and think that is what gives the character personality. So many times have I seen variaty of races as excuse for poor implementation of flavor.

• Like 1

In PST, the races of you party were as followed:

Tiefling, Githerzeri, Succubus, Modron (think sentient geometric shape, with machine parts) Human(oid) who is a living conduit to the Elemental Plane of Fire, a suit of Armor animated by the ghost of the guy who used to where it, and of course, a floating skull.

Other races met included Alu-fiends (half-succubus) some devils, a couple of women of an unkown race who could shaped reality by describing events as if reading it from a story and a whole slew of other things that absoluting did not include elves and dwarves.

In other D&D games tiefling is one name for mixed breed with demon or devil. Fall from grace was HALF demon, because her mother was a succubus. She herself was a half breed.

Morte - human's skull.

Dakkon - gith.

Anna - Tiefling

FFG - Tiefling

Vhailor - human ghost

Ignus - human mage

Modron - brain fart.

I'm 99.999999% sure Fall from Grace is outright stated to being a succubus.

A chaste, Lawful Neutral succubus, but still a succubus

I remember her telling the story, that she was a child of succubus, thus she was sold to the Devils for torture.

I remember her telling the story, that she was a child of succubus, thus she was sold to the Devils for torture.

None of which makes it impossible for her to be a succubus. :p

I mean, where do else do you think succubi come from but other succubi?

Edited by Foefaller

I mean, where do you think succubi from but other succubi?

Well technically thieflings are offspring of demons/devils and humans. Succubus being one of the lowest tier demons, so technically their offspring should be tieflings. Although I may be wrong.

You can have unique elves and dwarves. Using the basic concept as a skeleton for something different has been done. Some examples I can think of in terms of Elves:

A Song of Ice and Fire's Children of the Forest: Actually kind of small, creepy, and utilize some sort of global neural network where ancestors upload into trees and spy on people.

The Second Apocalypses Cunuroi/Nonmen: Don't even have pointy ears but hey're clearly intended to be an elf analogue. Tall, hairless, pure white, with "perfect" but alien features like fused teeth. Ancient and advanced, but with entirely different neural architecture (They're unable to see 2 dimensional images as representations fo 3 dimensional objects) and a species wide variety of Alzheimers. Can only remember important events in their lives by inflicting post traumatic stress on themselves after awhile.

Morrowind's Dunmer/Altmer/Bosmer: Hoo boy there's a lot of these literally based on D&D derivatives but still hugely divergent. Altmer/High Elves are eugenicists that live in cities made of crystal, have numbers for names, worship a time when time was nonlinear, and discard any infant that doesn't live up to their standards to the extent that to outsiders most Altmer look like siblings. Dunmer/Dark elves are ancestor worshipping neolithic (until recently) necromancers that make armor out of insect chitin and a resin, ash, and bone mix. Bosmer/Wood Elves are obligate carnivores that refuse to harm any native plants (though outside timber is ok), eat their slain foes to gain their strength, and if really pissed off sacrifice hundreds of themselves to form a primal lovecraftian archetype of all beasts to kill a specific target.

Glorantha's Aldryami: I know less about this setting but it's pretty wild. The elves in it are literally plants.

Edited by The Sharmat

Well technically thieflings are offspring of demons/devils and humans. Succubus being one of the lowest tier demons, so technically their offspring should be tieflings. Although I may be wrong.

I always got the impression that Tieflings were much less than that. That they're humans whose family has spent so long in a particular part of the realms that the realm started sticking to them. Like a family has had a vacation home in Baator for 4 generations, then the children just start popping out with horns with no non-human indiscretions required. But good luck convincing the father of that.

Devil/Demon blood's just a shortcut to it. The Devil/Demon has been diluted out by a line of impure descendents, but the planes, they never let go.

To try to bring that back around to races for this game, that's a way I like for creating new races. People spent so long in a place that the place just started sticking to them. Gives fantasy a sort of Lamarckian flavor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I always got the impression that Tieflings were much less than that. That they're humans whose family has spent so long in a particular part of the realms that the realm started sticking to them. Like a family has had a vacation home in Baator for 4 generations, then the children just start popping out with horns with no non-human indiscretions required. But good luck convincing the father of that.

Devil/Demon blood's just a shortcut to it. The Devil/Demon has been diluted out by a line of impure descendents, but the planes, they never let go.

No. Neeshka's grandfather or father (I think it was grandfather) was a powerful devil.

I mean, where do you think succubi from but other succubi?

Tieflings are not direct offspring of Tanar'ri/Baatezu and mortals - they just have some lower plane ancestry further down the family tree. Grace was a normal Succubus (I'd swear it even says so in her char sheet) it's just that her mother sold her off.

Say no to popamole!

No. Neeshka's grandfather or father (I think it was grandfather) was a powerful devil.

Grandfather. But given that grandfather is sometimes used in place of "Great-Grandfather" it's possible she's even further removed.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Grandfather. But given that grandfather is sometimes used in place of "Great-Grandfather" it's possible she's even further removed.

The father of one of the Tiefling prostitutes in Grace's brothel is a Cambion - so her grandfather would be a full devil.

• Like 1

Say no to popamole!

I would love play non-conventional race (remember the tieffelin in NWN 2) inproject eternity, but made a great RPG first.

Remember : Best RPG ever = Planescape Torment. Characteristic of the game : One class and race for the main character, and only seven compagnon. Not so different of project eternity.

Dark Goddess of the Obsidian Order.

The father of one of the Tiefling prostitutes in Grace's brothel is a Cambion - so her grandfather would be a full devil.

At last an intellectual discussion in this forum!