Suggestion/I Will Pay You Money For This: Get Rid of Straight Males

I have quite a bit of money, and I am willing to pay upwards of $20,000 if you will remove all the straight men from the game. That's right, there should be no heterosexual men whatsoever, in the entire game. Not a one. Not even the player character. Obviously this will be tough to implement, but that's what all that extra money is for. If you're interested, contact me so we can hammer something out.

• Like 1

lol

"You would not understand. No mortal possibly could. It is beyond the powers of comprehension of all but the most powerful of powers, and once they understand, they move beyond the veil of mortal comprehension. I can explain it no more than that. Perhaps, sometime, you will understand." - O

How about a compromise: No in-game defined sexual orientation at all for any player character or NPC. You create a character and Obsidian does not assign or assume that you're straight in any of the dialogue. This leaves gameplay completely open for the player to venture into Brothels and choose to pay for services of a prostitute of the gender of his/her choice.

Edit: Oh what the hell am I saying. That's retarded. Who the hell wants an asexual game?

Edited by Stun

How about a compromise: No in-game defined sexual orientation at all for any player character or NPC. You create a character and Obsidian does not assign or assume that you're straight in any of the dialogue. This leaves gameplay completely open for the player to venture into Brothels and choose to pay for services of a prostitute of the gender of his/her choice.

That sounds like you getting what you want and me NOT getting what I want, which isn't much of a compromise. I'd like to play a game just once where exclusive heterosexuality among men isn't catered to, and indeed is so UN-catered to that it doesn't even exist. Imagine Mass Effect, but instead of only having female options for dudeshep, you only have male options. Finally, straight dudes can learn what it feels like to not exist. Take that, mother****ers!

I'd clarify that I'm not joking with a bank statement, but my bank is doing maintenance right now and I've gone paperless so...

So you want a game that does nothing but takes vengence on the years of gaming where Homosexual relationships were totally shut out? Yeah good luck with that.

I'm sure you do have lot of money to spend. Do you have $1.2 million? Because that's how much the rest of us have come up with so far, and we don't want a freakish abomination that sucks all our player customization away. We want the old school.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

So you want a game that does nothing but takes vengence on the years of gaming where Homosexual relationships were totally shut out? Yeah good luck with that.

I'm sure you've got a lot of money to spend. Do you have 1.2 million? Because that's how much the rest of us have come up with so far, and we don't want a freakish thing. We want the old school.

Ah, yes, the "Old School," when men were real men, women were real women, and homosexuals had to hide in the closet for fear of being beaten to death. No thanks, buddy boy.

I'm sure you've got a lot of money to spend. Do you have 1.2 million? Because that's how much the rest of us have come up with so far, and we don't want a freakish thing. We want the old school.

Ah, yes, the "Old School," when men were real men, women were real women, and homosexuals had to hide in the closet for fear of being beaten to death. No thanks, buddy boy.

Point taken. But seriously, your best bet is to be reasonable, because you're not funding this project by yourself. I doubt anyone here has any problem whatsoever with Obsidian putting in a bunch of Homosexuals in the game. or even giving us a gay-centric questline or 2 (personally, I think that'd be pretty darn cool, actually). But I can assure you that the money you have will not be enough to make Project Eternity a GAY-ONLY rpg, So if I were you, I'd put myself in compromise mode. You just might manage to get 1/2 of what you want.

Edited by Stun

If this works out for you and they decide to do it, then for the next part in this new series, if I say I'll pledge 50,000, can I get a game with nothing but cats? And I don't mean "cat-like humanoid race." I mean cats. House-cat sized cats, maybe some puma-sized cats thrown in for variety. They would, of course, be intelligent, but they'd only "speak" with their tail/paw movements, whiskers, and nose-sniffing greetings, no voices.

I think this would be awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But seriously, your best bet is to be reasonable, because you're not funding this project by yourself. I doubt anyone here has any problem whatsoever with Obsidian putting in a bunch of Homosexuals in the game. or even giving us a gay-centric questline or 2 (personally, I think that'd be pretty darn cool, actually).

Yes....more seriously, I'd agree with this.

It's just the asking for "nothing but" that is...a tad...absurd. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have quite a bit of money, and I am willing to pay upwards of $20,000 if you will remove all the straight men from the game. That's right, there should be no heterosexual men whatsoever, in the entire game. Not a one. Not even the player character. Obviously this will be tough to implement, but that's what all that extra money is for. If you're interested, contact me so we can hammer something out.

Yes, tackeling an (admittingly serious) issue by doing the exact opposite of finding a solution or middleground.

I'm really sure that will help. Totally. -.-

Edited by C2B

Are you sure you don't want to include even just a few as villains, so you can kill them?

Whoa whoa whoa, I don't want to encourage violence against heterosexuals. Jesus! It's not their fault.

Also, this might be a stupid question, but how do the people populating your game world procreate? Wouldn't they kind of die out after a generation?
Whoa, where to start? Firstly, rape: namely, women raping men (r/mensrights), and if women had magical powers they'd probably do it even more. Secondly, gay men can have heterosexual sex, they just choose not to. Thirdly, if nothing else, some kind of ritualized impregnation-focused orgy would probably come into existence. Fourthly, there are bisexual men. Fifthly, I never said no heterosexuals in the WORLD, just in the GAME. The parts of the world you interact with just so happen to have absolutely no straight men.

Point taken. But seriously, your best bet is to be reasonable, because you're not funding this project by yourself. I doubt anyone here has any problem whatsoever with Obsidian putting in a bunch of Homosexuals in the game. or even giving us a gay-centric questline or 2 (personally, I think that'd be pretty darn cool, actually). But I can assure you that the money you have will not be enough to make Project Eternity a GAY-ONLY rpg, So if I were you, I'd put myself in compromise mode. You just might manage to get 1/2 of what you want.

One half of what I want? More like one half of what I *don't* want. Compromise is for liberals and social democrats. I'm a real man.

Why not just like nature intended? it has worked for millions of years, and bioware tried different, you see what happens...

Guess what, exclusive heterosexuality... is not what nature intended. The overwhelming evidence, from historiography of Christian Europe until the reforms of the 12th century, to the writings of Europeans in Middle Eastern societies during the 19th century, to the experiences of China, Japan, etc, to our close biological neighbors the bonobo and chimpanzee, to our more distant ones like almost every animal around, show that some degree of homosexual behavior is a natural part of the male half of the species. Men want to have gay sex. Deal with it. Edited by lord of flies

Compromise is for liberals and social democrats.

...and Projects that have to be funded by 30,000 different people.

That's life, man. Until you become the sole investor of such a project, you cannot realistically expect to succeed with a no-compromize mindset.

Edited by Stun

One half of what I want? More like one half of what I *don't* want. Compromise is for liberals and social democrats.

...and Projects that have to be funded by 30,000 different people.

That's life, man. Until you become the sole investor of such a project, you cannot realistically expect to succeed with a no-compromize mindset.

"Realistic expectations" is what the fools who are lead to the slaughterhouse claim they have when they refuse to resist. "Realism" is a code for abandonment of hope, of dreams, of passion. Was it realistic to expect a million dollars in investment in 24 hours? Was it realistic when Stalin was repeatedly imprisoned by the Tsarist government for robbing banks? Was it realistic when Roosevelt chose to leave behind his position as Governor of New York to became Vice President, a pointless position of little power? Perhaps not, but history turns on "unrealistic" decisions, made by men and women who dream of better things.

Yeah, are you going to engage in actual discussion about your proposal, OP, or do just want to quibble on the definition of "realistic", and then bore us with a history rant?

The former could make for an entertaining debate, but the latter is just stupid, and shrill.

Edited by Stun

Yeah, are you going to engage in actual discussion about your proposal, or do just want to quibble on the definition of "realistic", and then bore us with a history rant?

The former could make for an entertaining debate, the latter is just stupid, and shrill.

Man, what a classic tactic. End all discussion by just declaring "oh, you're not being reasonable, come to the table and 'debate' my 'compromise'". Guess what, sometimes the middle ground is wrong mother****er. What was the middle ground during the 1850s in the USA? Slavery would be ended someday much later, maybe slaves would be treated nicer in the meantime. Between democracy and absolutism? Between liberty and tyranny? Between kicking all heterosexual characters out of the narrative and not doing that? The middle ground is a lie. It was never real.

Always nice to see the Peanut Gallery hanging out in the sandbox in the wee hours of the morn. Please do feel free to vent @ me through PM following the closure of this most insightful & challenging discussion brought to us by the letter 'L.'

• Like 4

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: