I think this project will clear 10 million without breaking a sweat.

I can say with a high degree of certainty that it won't make ten million.

The schedule is already very tight. Adding more money will in fact give Obsidian more reason to extend it. More money = more months of salary that they can pay.

And that's precisely what they should be doing. More time = more polish, better game. There's no way around that.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 1

I think 10 million is a pretty big reach. Things tend to get slow in the middle, then pick up towards the end. But 3-5 is well within the realm of possibility.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think your optimism is adorable and that we should cherish and nurture it lest the world take it away from you.

In all seriousness, 4 million or bust.

Edited by LadySpace
  • Like 1

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

Yeah I fully agree.....10 is definitely doable. I would love to see a bit of an impossible miracle and have them break the 20 or even 30 million mark.

If they somehow get above ten mil I will be expecting cookies to come with my game download... somehow. Or a life-sized statue of Chris, Tim, and J.E. That'd be cool too. ;P

I can say with a high degree of certainty that it won't make ten million.

The schedule is already very tight. Adding more money will in fact give Obsidian more reason to extend it. More money = more months of salary that they can pay.

And that's precisely what they should be doing. More time = more polish, better game. There's no way around that.

I don't mean to quibble too much, but more money doesn't really mean more time, it just means hiring more warm bodies to do work in the time allotted. FWIW, there isn't a chance in hell they hit ten million; 2.5 might even be a push.

I could see a figure approaching that, if you were to include long-term Paypal pledges: that is, assuming the scenario that contributions will continue to be accepted over the next year. Say it finally closed six months out from release date - i.e. late 2013 - I can see a fair chunk of people "pledging" then as an effective pre-order for a game that should be then be a pretty known quantity.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I doubt it will reach 10mil. It'll awesome if it reach 5. I say 3-4mil is a reasonble goal for a porject this size. And, 5 would be SUPER DUPER AWESOMESAUCE.

Yeah, there's no way it'll reach 10 mil. But if it does I'll be expecting statues of the team, made out of cookies.

This is going to slow down big time. They are kind of letting the core base down by pandering to the biodrones and those people are still in middle-school or stay at home moms. Not a lot of disposable income.

Oh I don't think so. They seek to be true to the good BioWare games of old not the newer games they made....the ones that started attracting the fans you refer to as Biodrones and the description for Project Eternity is essentially that of the ultimate, flawless RPG. There is no pandering or disappointment that I see coming in the foreseeable future. If the core fans were disappointed the game would not have raised nearly 1.2 million in just about a day. It would likely still be sitting at less than 100k.

1zq6793.jpg

The key to getting more pledges is to get more publicity and press. Not just from the gaming websites, but also like Reddit, slashdot, uncrate etc. If they get featured in mainstream newspapers and magazines, they'll get a huge bump.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The key to getting more pledges is to get more publicity and press. Not just from the gaming websites, but also like Reddit, slashdot, uncrate etc. If they get featured in mainstream newspapers and magazines, they'll get a huge bump.

Well with the present pledges they should have a clear green light to pay for additional exposure....if done properly it'll pay back a thousand fold.

1zq6793.jpg

Quoted for truth. I think they underestimated the initial response and got caught a bit with their pants down. They do need to get the marketing up and running and that pretty soon.

I think 10 million is a pretty big reach. Things tend to get slow in the middle, then pick up towards the end. But 3-5 is well within the realm of possibility.

Exactly. I've only followed a few Kickstarters, but they all followed a pattern of large initial burst followed by a long, almost "flatlined" curve with slow but steady trickle of pledges followed by the last 24 hour burst which was even larger than the initial burst.

3-5 million would be nice, but I think the cautious optimists hope for 3, yet prepare for less.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein