[Merged] George Ziets as as the 2.8 million stretch goal

Not just Mr. Ziets but also Eric Fenstermaker please. He did fantastic job in F:NV

Eric is working at Obsidian, but still full-time on SouthPark (where he is the creative lead. So has a bigger responsiblity)

South Park releases next year, so it may happen that he swaps over though.

Well, I would definitely love to see him return. Mask of the Betrayer was excellently written. The question is, how much money would this cost? While it would be nice to have him on board, there are a lot of other things which one might want to consider spending money on before getting him back, especially seeing how we already have some top notch writers.

As the stretch goals are reached and the project expands, Obs will need more people to work on it, so this is not an either/or situation. George wouldn't be a feature, but an asset on this project, not the same column ;).

Edited by the proctophantasmist

Here's one of Feargus Urquhart's answers in the Kickstarter comments that might be relevant to this thread:

So romances. We are talking about them and seeing how we want to handle them. That's not a great answer I know. I do think that if we get another writer on board that we are talking right now (maybe an announcement soon on that) we will be able to talk about them more.

I really hope he's talking about ZIets (and not David Gaider). :p

Edited by Crooked Bee

I personally prefer TSL or FO:NV, but MotB was still pretty damn awesome. So having Ziets on-board would be great.

I'm not sure it's a realistic stretch goal, though. He'll work on Project Eternity if it fits into what he wants to do.

"Understanding is a three-edged blade."

"Vivis sperandum: Where there is life, there is hope."

Here's one of Feargus Urquhart's answers in the Kickstarter comments that might be relevant to this thread:

So romances. We are talking about them and seeing how we want to handle them. That's not a great answer I know. I do think that if we get another writer on board that we are talking right now (maybe an announcement soon on that) we will be able to talk about them more.

I really hope he's talking about ZIets (and not David Gaider). :p

He most likely was. Ziets has strong ties with Obsidian and he has expressed his willingness to participate.

Plus of course, he fits right in, with MotB being the closest thing to Torment.

Edited by Karranthain

I really hope he's talking about ZIets (and not David Gaider).

Oh for ****s sake can this romance nonsense stop?

• Like 2

I never realised he was led on MoTB so definitely yes please!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Oh for ****s sake can this romance nonsense stop?

If you don't like romance, don't do romance in your playthroughs. Personally, I've always liked well-done romance in RPGs because it tends to add to the story and make it more believable and personal. Also, I wouldn't mind David Gaider on this project, because I do like his writing style, but I'd be even happier if we got to see George Ziets.

MotB was an experience of epic proportions, I don't even remember much of the story now, but the overwhelming feelings have lasted with me to this day.

Never seen "well-done romances" in an rpg.They were bad even in PST.

Aniway get back Ziets.

I liked the romance in MotB. That's pretty much the only game that has done romance properly. It didn't feel like a chore (watch what you say etc.).

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

you know, you cant have an army full of generals. and imho there is not any room left for any other general for this project.

we need regular soldiers

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

Get some Justins on it as well. Cherry. Sweet.

There's too many of us as it is.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."