[Merged] George Ziets as as the 2.8 million stretch goal

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but given the relatively limited scope of any Kickstarter project, the old too-many-chefs problem might become an issue if all of you got your combined wishes. George in would be great but beyond that, it might start to get unmanagable. If this project turns out to be a smashing success of course, then the next project might have the larger scale which would allow for more "dream team" personnel.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ziets, Boyarsky, Anderson and Mitsoda. And there we already have four stretch goals :)

Add Justin Sweet to that and this game could be a Kickstarter record.

Ziets is an attainable goal. At least 3 of the mentioned not so much. While great, don't be disappointed if nothing happens on it.

Link to Ziets Formspring if you have questions for him regarding MOTB

http://www.formspring.me/GZiets

I absolutely loved MotB; everything about it is wonderful. It's been on my top 10 list ever since I first played it. My question is, do you have any recommendations for games (or, perhaps, any media) that are similar to MotB? In any positive respect.

Thanks!

MotB was partially a tribute to the Infinity Engine games I played and loved, so I

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

I would love to see Ziets in on this project. I was sad to hear about him leaving. MotB is hands down the best game that Obsidian has made since the principals left Black Isle. The closest thing we've had to a spiritual successor to PS:T. Although I'd hate to see cooldowns in Eternity. Having said that, it appears that Obsidian has already decided on their dev team. But, perhaps if they reach 4 mil + they could consider adding in yet another legendary writer/designer. There is a danger of too many cooks spoiling the soup, but PS:T had several people working on the writing in Torment and that turned out okay. Probably because Avellone was there as chief dictator to see his vision fleshed out.

• Like 3

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I would love to see Ziets in on this project. I was sad to hear about him leaving. MotB is hands down the best game that Obsidian has made since the principals left Black Isle. The closest thing we've had to a spiritual successor to PS:T. Although I'd hate to see cooldowns in Eternity. Having said that, it appears that Obsidian has already decided on their dev team. But, perhaps if they reach 4 mil + they could consider adding in yet another legendary writer/designer. There is a danger of too many cooks spoiling the soup, but PS:T had several people working on the writing in Torment and that turned out okay. Probably because Avellone was there as chief dictator to see his vision fleshed out.

I agree, MotB is easily the best game Obsidian has made, in large part thanks to George. I think he'd help secure more money as well, so it's a win-win situation.

I see lots of comments on Mask of the Betrayer. I played it for a short time and rather lost interest and moved on to something else. Is it really worth pursuing with? I'm in the middle of Planescape Torment at the moment and have already created a party for another run through Icewind Dale. Not many new games that catch my eye, at least until Wasteland 2 and Dead State are released. :yes:

Still playing through Planescape Torment...

I see lots of comments on Mask of the Betrayer. I played it for a short time and rather lost interest and moved on to something else. Is it really worth pursuing with? I'm in the middle of Planescape Torment at the moment and have already created a party for another run through Icewind Dale. Not many new games that catch my eye, at least until Wasteland 2 and Dead State are released. :yes:

Absolutely, it's the closest thing to Torment any game has ever got.

Well, I would definitely love to see him return. Mask of the Betrayer was excellently written. The question is, how much money would this cost? While it would be nice to have him on board, there are a lot of other things which one might want to consider spending money on before getting him back, especially seeing how we already have some top notch writers.