• 3 weeks later...

If it works with integrated, does that mean it's likely to work with older discrete?

I have a late 2008 Macbook Pro with 2.53 processor, 8gig ram, and two video cards, the GeForce 9400M integrated with 256MB, and also the GeForce 9600M GT discrete with 512MB.

Is there a good chance the 9600 will run this game?

Yea, that's what I was affraid of. That's the issue with these kickstarters (and I am now including the new Old-School RPG kickstarter) there is too little tech spec info, because the developers likely just don't know it, until they get to developing.

I would love to support this simply to ensure a solid RPG gets made, but I don't have that kind of money. If I can't play it, I can't support it!

I imagine that it will work with older tech. They are not pushing graphic renderer capabilities. Might be more taxing on a system than Torchlight 2 though... so you could look at that for a measure of what to expect.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

A good idea. The last game I played was Dragon Age 1 and 2. Both of those played pretty well at good settings.

I am pretty sure my wife won't be letting me get a new computer anytime soon, so I will say circa 2014, it's a solid bet I will still be using this computer! Especially given that I just bought a new car! Gotta pick your battles.

• Like 1

A good idea. The last game I played was Dragon Age 1 and 2. Both of those played pretty well at good settings.

I am pretty sure my wife won't be letting me get a new computer anytime soon, so I will say circa 2014, it's a solid bet I will still be using this computer! Especially given that I just bought a new car! Gotta pick your battles.

If you got decent to good performance out of both DA: Origins and DA II, I'd say you're good to go as it is. You may want to wait for the official system requirements, but considering the budget of Project Eternity (granted, it's still partly up in the air) it's fair to say that it won't require as much processing power from either the CPU or the GPU when compared to the Dragon Age games. This is an old school title after all.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

i have geforce 7600 gs i guess i need to upgrade a bit :)

Depends on what resolution you were planning on playing at, but yeah, you could probably pick up a new card. You could even go for a lower-end card and still get a performance upgrade over the 7600 GS, provided that your CPU isn't a bottleneck.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

At first I was concerned my crappy old comp couldn't run Project Eternity, but then I remembered it's not out until 2014 and by then I'll have a new rig.

As it is, I doubt I'd be able to run it. I can barely run NWN2 without some slowdowns.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My computer's like, three years old now, I don't see myself getting a new one, and it runs DA:O, DA II, Skyrim (on high with a bit of slowdown), all the Mass Effect games, Witcher 2, and apparently (if system requirements lab is accurate) Torchlight 2 is a cakewalk. I'd assume I'd be able to run this, but that's what I said about Dishonored and I can't run it (not enough RAM).

Still, it's not like this will have cutting edge photo-realistic 3D graphics, right?

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

If you can run Dragon Age or Skyrim, it is a pretty safe bet that you will be able to run Project Eternity. Keep in mind what the engine will be doing: 3D character models on a 2D background. It depends on the implementation, of course, but this generally should not be resource intensive.

My computer's like, three years old now, I don't see myself getting a new one, and it runs DA:O, DA II, Skyrim (on high with a bit of slowdown), all the Mass Effect games, Witcher 2, and apparently (if system requirements lab is accurate) Torchlight 2 is a cakewalk. I'd assume I'd be able to run this, but that's what I said about Dishonored and I can't run it (not enough RAM).

Still, it's not like this will have cutting edge photo-realistic 3D graphics, right?

AA, AF, and resolution are more important to frame rate. Isometric RPGs have a lower tolerance threshold for people than an action orientated game like a FPS. If you can run Skyrim then you should be able to run Project Eternity at the same resolution.

AA, AF, and resolution are more important to frame rate. Isometric RPGs have a lower tolerance threshold for people than an action orientated game like a FPS. If you can run Skyrim then you should be able to run Project Eternity at the same resolution.

Okay, yeah, I figured that. When it comes to system requirements I'm just so paranoid! If there's one point in favour of consoles, it's that I don't have to obsess over whether my machine can run it or not if the game has the right label on the box.

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

At first I was concerned my crappy old comp couldn't run Project Eternity, but then I remembered it's not out until 2014 and by then I'll have a new rig.

As it is, I doubt I'd be able to run it. I can barely run NWN2 without some slowdowns.

NWN2 is poorly optimized though, it runs worse on my very modern rig than FN:NV.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

NWN2 is poorly optimized though, it runs worse on my very modern rig than FN:NV.

That's mainly because NWN2 isn't multithreaded. It only uses one core.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

That's mainly because NWN2 isn't multithreaded. It only uses one core.

I had no problem running the game but the loading times... even a SSD doesn't help, they must be bugged because there's no way it takes that long to load.