The Old Guard Roll Call

Sammael

I'm not even that old. Was just a young un when I joined the BIS boards though., was like 14 years ago I think.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm not even that old. Was just a young un when I joined the BIS boards though., was like 14 years ago I think.

That's nothin! I'm talking Interplays old threaded "mess"age boards.

Edit: Forgot to add 'son' at the end.

Edited by Arkan
  • Like 1

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I originally joined 14 years ago.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Egads!

I remember those days. My very first post there was in ALL CAPS. Still smarting from the flame.

First boards I ever frequented.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Ah - the old dial-up days from the Roost ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I was on those. I think. It had a dark background...so long ago can't remember if it was Interplay or not, or what my nickname was. But definitely for BG1. If I thought about it hard enough I might remember some of the names of the folk there. But I didn't go the "newer" boards once they changed from the old threaded one. (Edit: or maybe I did, but didn't stay long...sheesh can't remember)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lord Jim - I and probably a fair few others likely still have a few screencaps of that incident.

I was a relative latecomer, joined the BIS boards around the beginning of the IWD2 development cycle - mainly because I had nothing else to do between lectures at university.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

What was the board most of the WOT guys migrated to after BIS closed? Is it still around?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remember posting about 20 posts on Missy's Lair and then stopped posting altogether due to moving to another state with the job I had at the time. Three years later I changed jobs, moved back home to Sydney and noticed Missy's Lair was gone. Would've been good if there was a database stored somewhere from the old BIS forums. There was some great stuff on it.

I've mellowed out since the BIS forums. When looking back, one thing I realise now is the years of arguments by the forumites in the Poltical Forum pretty much amounted to nothing. :facepalm:

I don't remember much from back then, but I imagine my posts in the political topics must have been absolute genius, being 16 and all.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was a bit young for the BIS heyday, I lurked every now and then.

I remember Rex Exitium, does that count? :biggrin:

• Like 1

The most recent version of the lair is technically still up, but other than a "this place is dead" nothing has happened in months. Only a few people came back and joined, but not enough to sustain a community.

And dammit Humanoid and your member ID # crap! Sadly I stuck around Interplay for a few extra months before making the migration over here so I didn't get one of those really low numbers. :(

Edited by Deraldin

I wasn't around in those days, but I have no shame about lying and saying that I was.

Wait, I'm doing this wrong.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lord Jim - I and probably a fair few others likely still have a few screencaps of that incident.

Great memory. I would never have remembered his name.

That was funny back then and the whole community was in an uproar over that. I remember taking a screen shot of the incident as well. Wouldn't be surprised if I still had it stored with some old files that I have. More than likely I've lost it.

And dammit Humanoid and your member ID # crap! Sadly I stuck around Interplay for a few extra months before making the migration over here so I didn't get one of those really low numbers. :(

I was debating whether to comeback and decided to after a couple of months. But I mostly lurk now. :p

Yeah, lets not get started on member numbers... o:)

Sadly I missed the train. Used to lurk a lot on the Interplay forums the last year of BIS' existence, but I never saw the original BIS boards (other than on the internet wayback machine). When I had gathered enough courage to register, BIS got closed the day before, so I didn't bother.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Remember when someone hacked the forum software and took over the admin account? And then got to wear a certain avatar for a while?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.