Pls, don't stop pledging!

This my be a no-brainer, but if it changes the mind of one backer, it will have been worth...

Please, don't let the fact that Obsidian has neared their funding goal so quickly to think they cannot still use your pledge. After all, the overall goal, at least in my opinion, is not only making the game a reality, but making it the best it can be.

I would very much like to see Obsidian get the same treatment as InXile did with their Wasteland 2 project and have their final funding be more than 3 times their original goal.

So, please, if you think you'll buy the game when it comes out, you might as well pledge now and get an even more awesome experience.

If you support this message, please post so, It would be nice if we could keep this topic up until the Kickstarter campaign ends.

Thank you.

• Like 1

It'll be fine, it's going to be close to funded in 24 hours or less now very soon and that's just from us hardcore fans who heard the news right away. More people over the next month as word spreads will fund at least the 20-25 bucks because they want to support something they love and get it at a discount to boot.

Plus there's always stretch goals and tempting backer rewards to draw people in now.

I will only pledge if I find out dwarves are in the game. My plan is to pledge in the $140 category but dwarves must be in or no dice. I'm 100% serious about his too as shown in my dwarves thread. Outside of the DA series, there's been a real lack of good and fun games with playable dwarves in them.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

In my conservative estimate, the game development cost will be much, much higher than $1.1M. Consider just the size of the team that must work on it and their annual salaries and we're already way over the initial figure. And that doesn't include a lot of stuff that must be contracted.

I very much hope that the Kickstarter brings in at least 5M, and 7M would make me confident that Obsidian can complete the game without financial hardships.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Anyone know the budget for IWD/IWD2? Account for the labor cost and inflation, as the development timeframe appears roughly the same.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

In my conservative estimate, the game development cost will be much, much higher than $1.1M. Consider just the size of the team that must work on it and their annual salaries and we're already way over the initial figure. And that doesn't include a lot of stuff that must be contracted.

I very much hope that the Kickstarter brings in at least 5M, and 7M would make me confident that Obsidian can complete the game without financial hardships.

Agreed. I used to be an I.T. project manager, and it's frightening how quickly even a fairly trivial project will clock up to $1M. I can't imagine how this could be the entire budget - surely there is a larger funding strategy.

I will donate hella money if Josh Sawyer, Tim Cain and Chris Avellone will sing Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

People donate largely because they want to pre-purchase the game, not because they want to "support Obsidian." Provided there is demand for the game beyond Obsidian's core audience, I think they'll keep receiving donations (aka preorders) for some time, especially as they announce more details and actually get some video or screenshots up. They really, really need more than just "Infinity Engine-style!" and "from that studio most mainstream gamers think can't put out a working game!" to keep interest up.

Edited by sea

I'll just go ahead and throw in an idea: What are the chances that anyone who's bothering to check the forums regularly isn't committed to the games success and to pledging a fair amount? I'd hazard a guess that they're pretty low.

Edited by LadySpace

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

I pledged $35. If Obsidian announced a toolset or mod tools, I will probably increase mine to $100. Aside from the new companions, classes, and races, I am not too excited about their stretch goals. I kind of think there should be separate kickstarters for features rather than stretch goals. Things like Mac, Linux, and player housing should have its own mini-kickstarter so people can make pledges to include those features if enough people want it. I'd hate to see something like a toolset placed at a 3 miliion stretch goal where it will only happen after first supporting several other features that many people don't neccessary care for.

• Like 1