What easter eggs if any would you want to see from other Obsidian games? I would love to see some references to Fallout: New Vegas, KoTOR II,and even South Park. How do you guys want them to implement easter eggs and what would you like to see them do?

Can't wait for Project Eternity!!!!

I want to see Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment stuff. Neither of those were Obsidian titles per se, but homage never hurts, right?

THERE MUST BE A HAMSTER. Possibly a floating skull.

• Like 4

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Another branching of Ravel?

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I want a Mike Thorton homage who is always angry people can't pronounce his name, and is living as a hobo out of a job drinking himself to death.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will be kept to a minimum, or hidden behind some kind of mechanic (Wild Wasteland was a good idea I think).

But yeah, it will obviously have to be whatever the devs find fun. I see little reason to suggest easter eggs because... well, the nature of easter eggs is that they would be hidden, surprising and funny to find.

EDIT: There is already a Thorton easter egg in the actual Alpha Protocol game where his name gets mispelled. :p

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

• 1 month later...

a few hard to find eggs would be great... like coming across a NPC with her Dog (Sunny and Chyenne? was that their name from FONV?), etc...

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

- Buddha

In Diablo III the biggest easter egg can only be reached after gathering a large number of special items, and I think that Project Eternity should try something similar. They could include a few items from New Vegas as easter eggs, namely a can of Cram, a roll of duct tape, and an issue of La Phantoma, and after the player gathers these three items, something awesome happens. ; )

... Oh yeah, it should also have Fat F*ck Boone in it.

Edited by bobobo878

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

I want, a new Vegas (Wild Wasteland) option to turn Easter eggs off. Even though I always have my playthrough with it on I know some people feel an over indulgence of Easter eggs spoil the game for them.

As for what could be in, I like to be surprised, but at least one reference each of Obsidians previous games would be a nice addition to the game.

• Like 1

I want, a new Vegas (Wild Wasteland) option to turn Easter eggs off. Even though I always have my playthrough with it on I know some people feel an over indulgence of Easter eggs spoil the game for them.

As for what could be in, I like to be surprised, but at least one reference each of Obsidians previous games would be a nice addition to the game.

That might work, but before I got the PC version of New Vegas, I turned Wild Wasteland off nearly every time just so I could get the YCS-186. If this game does include an easter egg free mode like the one you described, hopefully there won't be any great items that can only be acquired with that mode on, or at least give the option to acquire them through console commands.

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

A floating skull *Hey chief..."

Sorry but PsT stuffs seems like tons of fun, a portal to Sigil, a severed arm with some strange tattoos, a Modron. After all in BG2 there was Sigil stuffs.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

"What can change the nature of a man?"

A giant fire breathing Kerfluffulupugus

A fire breathing Kerfluffulupugus would be a fire breathing slime monster. Also, paladins shouldn't be incinerated given the unique history and struggle of those people.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I prefer WW off, since it has an encounter that makes me cringe, aliens; that's the same aliens bethesda made canon. It's too bad other WW Easter eggs are being missed as well.

Personally I wouldn't like something like that. I would prefer all of the team decides on what to place as Easter eggs in the world and what not, rather than separating between over the top stupid Easter eggs and mild ones.

I hope there will be quite big number (but not to big) of easter eggs, but in fact for me number is depending on how serious will be finished game.

P:T easter eggs will be nice, but not to much, this isn't D&D/Planescape multiverse at all.

Edited by Nanakamado

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

I see easter eggs as evidence of polish. If you have enough time to put them in, clearly you've been polising the game.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The Easter Eggs should be subtle and clever when implemented, in such a way that they do not break the feeling of the world they are in.

Preferably they would reference other games, literature and classic movies rather than current pop culture.

For example a H.P Lovecraft Easter Egg would be fantastic, or references to the old IE games, other RPGs or previous Obsidian games wouldn't go amiss either.

Witcher 2 had a nice Assassin's Creed reference, with a dead man in a white robe lying in front of an overturned hay-cart.

The-Witcher-2-Assassins-Creed-Easter-Egg.jpg

Just so long as there aren't too many of them and they aren't implemented in an obnoxious way.

• Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

A floating skull *Hey chief..."

Sorry but PsT stuffs seems like tons of fun, a portal to Sigil, a severed arm with some strange tattoos, a Modron. After all in BG2 there was Sigil stuffs.

That's because Sigil is an actual part of the Forgotten Realms universe.

HaerDalis was running away from the LoP in that game. That was the whole point.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html