[Update 02.10.12] Project Eternity: Known Information

Hey all,

Does anyone notice if there will be a Demo or a Beta?

Sorry , english is not my native Language ;)

Thx Lincoln

There will be a Early Acces Beta, this will be open to specific backers tiers.

http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/tiers

After this there will be the "regular" Beta, if this will be open or closed (for public) I don't know!

Edited by Grace85

"A-a-amazing Grace, how sweet the sound"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there any name for Pillar of Eternity's world? Or the continent?

This part of the world is called Eastern Reach. (source)

I know the question is old but it Josh Sawyer has only recently posted this information and I found the information interesting and didn't wanted to make a new thread.

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Will we be able to travel and improve our level quite heavily ?

If by travel, you mean sandbox, no, it's not a sandbox game. And there are only twelve levels, so leveling is probably going to be few and far between.

Edited by Bryy

Interesting, that would mean 4+ talents (depending on whether we get one at lvl 0 and how many talents will be accessibly through quests). If you happen to stumble upon it once again, i'd appropriate a link, thanks :)

Edited by Mor

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I'd also like to point out that the level cap has been 12 since the Kickstarter campaign. It was first referenced in a Feargus interview, and then probably 10+ times since.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

On the scope of the huge 15-level dungeon:

"There is a storyline associated with the Endless Paths of Od Nua, but it is separate from the main plot. During the first third of the game, the player will come across the Endless Paths on the critical path. The crit path only takes them down into the first level. The rest of the dungeon is entirely optional. It should be a fun (but very difficult) dungeon crawl that players return to as they gain power and experience over the course of the game." Josh Sawyer

Source: http://www.rpgnuke.ru/articles/site/del_vey/interview_rpgnuke_with_josh_sawyer_eng.html

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I wonder if this game will use sprite models or 3d, if they choose to use sprites, I hope that it will be in high resolution and capable to withstand modern monitors, up to 27" at least.

From current information 2D backgrounds with 3D charachters. How *exactly* though we'll see with the first screenshots.

This sounds great. I loved the 2D backgrounds in the IE games but the character sprites (paper dolls?) were eyesores. Judged by today's standards, the backgrounds still look great but the sprites look ludicrous.

Some other minor graphics comments:

• I always felt the maps were a little cramped in the IE games. Outdoor areas felt like narrow interior walkways. The scale of the area that the story was trying to present was not adequately represented by the graphics on screen.
  • The absence of perspective (parallel lines converging at the horizon) in the isometric geometry was always a little disconcerting to me. With today's systems I suppose it should be fairly straightforward to add a slight perspective effect to the isometric layout, shouldn't it?

Thats a good point. That would actually be a huge improvement.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Release is delayed until early 2015.

Seen on Paradox forums :

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that the highly anticipated
fantasy role-playing game Pillars of Eternity, originally scheduled for release in late 2014, has
been delayed until early 2015.

It's very unpleasant that backers have not been informed by Obsidian... 

Release is delayed until early 2015.

Seen on Paradox forums :

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that the highly anticipated

fantasy role-playing game Pillars of Eternity, originally scheduled for release in late 2014, has

been delayed until early 2015.

It's very unpleasant that backers have not been informed by Obsidian... 

Considering theres no info on any other place I can find if this is true I would say Paradoxs PR screwed up.

I am a backer too. I have read about delay just now. I know there are beta tests going on and I invested some extra money on add-on. This is going to be very long-term investment as I have to wait way much longer as expected even into entering into game. Lucky beta tester at least had some fun already :getlost: .

• 5 months later...

I am a backer too. I have read about delay just now. I know there are beta tests going on and I invested some extra money on add-on. This is going to be very long-term investment as I have to wait way much longer as expected even into entering into game. Lucky beta tester at least had some fun already :getlost: .

what delay??

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that this was posted Oct 2014

Edited by DruidX

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki