[Update 02.10.12] Project Eternity: Known Information

To be fair, I have never gotten even a single warning form Bioware

I have received one, but I deserved it.

I don't find BioWare difficult or heavy-handed at all. I think they've made progressively worse design decisions for the past 13 years, and I've been really vocal about that on their fora (both the old BioBoards and BSN), and never have they complained about the content of my posts.

• Like 1

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him.

well if the story is about a secret project and any form of immortality is part of it, then the title can stay as it is.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Codename.

Source?

Kickstarter?

Obsidian Entertainment and our legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer are excited to bring you a new role-playing game for the PC. Project Eternity (working title) pays homage to the great Infinity Engine games of years past: Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.

http://www.kickstart...oject-eternity/

And now you even got the confirmation from a dev. Good enough?

Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/21/project_eternity_kickstarter_obsidian_entertainment_interview/

http://www.puresophistry.com/2012/09/21/project-eternity-radio-interview-with-feargus-urquhart-ceo-of-obsidian-entertainment/

You should consider making a single thread with links to these official Update-Threads (and maybe pinn the last on). If Obsidian keeps posting an update every day as promised the first page of the forum will be occupied by pinned threads.

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

I'm still dealing with the fact that I've been pronouncing Urquhart wrong all this time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

from NeoGAF

Well, if the questions that I've asked are of any indication, Obsidian is going to try their best to ensure that the game runs on as many systems as possible, and as well as possible. They're targeting integrated chips too, and not just for lowest settings. Got this in my Kickstarter inbox.

HI ***,

We are really going to work to get the integrated graphics chips to run the game well - and not just on the lowest setting.

Thanks again for the support!

-Feargus

From SA. Question asked:

In terms of animation and the like' date=' are you aiming for a BG/IWD style system where I engage a low-level fighter in combat, and he swings three times in a round, only one of which is actually an attack and can hit? Or are you aiming for more of a NWN/NWN2 style where the number of attacks you had in a round were accurately reflected (until you got to really high levels and a number of attacks just happen mechanically)?

Not a huge deal, I'm just curious as to whether we'll see Carbos / Shank fights in the early game where everyone's clumsily swinging at one another and whiffing, in that distinctly Morrowind way.

[/quote']

Josh's answer:

Rounds? Where we're going' date=' we don't need rounds... :science:

[/quote']

Discrete combat rounds are out, by the sound of it. Makes sense as the combat system will not have been designed and optimized for tabletop play.

Having a busy weekend and it's tough keeping up with everything, I hope to update soon.

If you see anything you think should be on there don't hesitate to post here or PM me, it helps a lot.

I just added the #6 and #7 updates, if anyone's wondering what changed today.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."