[Update 02.10.12] Project Eternity: Known Information

Yes. After all, nobody's actually paid anything yet, and there will need to be a mechanism by which you identify your kickstarter account with your forum account.

• Like 1

Well, looks like elves are in judging by this:

2.0 million, Player House!

Get your own house in the game that you can customize, store equipment in, and where your companions hang out, or, as the elves say, "chillax".

Crap, tired of elves/dwarves. :(

Yes, and they'll tell you to chillax. :p

It's a fantasy joke, don't read too much into it.

I wonder if this game will use sprite models or 3d, if they choose to use sprites, I hope that it will be in high resolution and capable to withstand modern monitors, up to 27" at least.

From current information 2D backgrounds with 3D charachters. How *exactly* though we'll see with the first screenshots.

This sounds great. I loved the 2D backgrounds in the IE games but the character sprites (paper dolls?) were eyesores. Judged by today's standards, the backgrounds still look great but the sprites look ludicrous.

Some other minor graphics comments:

• I always felt the maps were a little cramped in the IE games. Outdoor areas felt like narrow interior walkways. The scale of the area that the story was trying to present was not adequately represented by the graphics on screen.
  • The absence of perspective (parallel lines converging at the horizon) in the isometric geometry was always a little disconcerting to me. With today's systems I suppose it should be fairly straightforward to add a slight perspective effect to the isometric layout, shouldn't it?

• Like 1
2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

This bit of concept art that was in the video was on Brian Menze's DeviantArt for quite a while, and the description doesn't really sound like it's meant for Project Eternity, so I'd expect most of the concept art there to be actually from other projects.

Going by the guns and the designs I'd say that was DSIII concept art. All speculation on my part, though.

Oh, lord. I really hope that the second design there has absolutely no bearing on the aesthetic of this game. That is absolutely awful :down:

When will they release more info on the technology they are planning to use in this project? I am interested in knowing if they plan to make a new 2D engine (unlikely, I guess), use their internally developed Onyx engine (as seen in Dungeon Siege 3) or go the InXile route and adopt a third party engine, Unity for example?

I'm guessing the Onyx engine would be well suited for this project, considering they must have a lot of expertise on it by now and could basically start creating assets immediately. Not sure if it's '2D' enough though (or how flexible it is).

3d on top of a 2d background... From my brief experience with Onyx in DS3, doesn't seem much of stretch.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Is that concept art from Eternity or another Obsidian game?

project-eternstlr2.png

Will the game be set in a world where they have discoverd gunpowder?

That is original concept art for Project Eternity.

Are there still plans to include guns and possibly other technology in the game or was it just an idea?

Please no gun powder.

Murder in Dunlop, Fanglewood, �My Class is Rogue ... "You look surprised to see me. If you'd been paying attention, you might still be alive." bandit.png

I like that there may be crude guns in the setting. This segregation of gun powder and middle ages tech is incredibly artificial given that gunpowder arrived in medieval Europe in the late 13th century. Iron age weapons and tactics don't vanish the instant guns show up.

Besides, it helps differentiate this game from every other fantasy setting.

Edited by The Sharmat
  • Like 1

project-eternstlr2.png

That looks awful and not something from Infinity Engine.

How do you have concept art that looks like or not like something from IE? You do realise that's not what 'concept art' means, right?

For instance, BG concept art:

bg018.jpg

How do you have concept art that looks like or not like something from IE? You do realise that's not what 'concept art' means, right?

For instance, BG concept art:

bg018.jpg

I am sorry, but I can't open it. Maybe you could post a link?

snip.

Thanks, Tig. But I am not the target audience here. There is a difference between a concept mage robes that look like mage robes and women wearing Tit armor that exposes the belly. I don't really like feminists, but I am with them on this one. Or some Saudi Arabian guys with muskets... You can't have those without a camel...

snip.

Thanks, Tig. But I am not the target audience here. There is a difference between a concept mage robes that look like mage robes and women wearing Tit armor that exposes the belly. I don't really like feminists, but I am with them on this one. Or some Saudi Arabian guys with muskets... You can't have those without a camel...

Concept art depicting guy with a gun looks pretty good to me, nicly stylised, not too much, pretty "realistic", aka no giant shoulderpads and uber sized weapons. See typical 15 century armies.

Hmmmm...Saudi Arabian guys? Doesnt see that paralell.

I am with you on "tit armor" :thumbsup: Victoria Secret breastplate + 3 protection hehe

magic021.jpg

project-eternstlr2.png

That looks awful and not something from Infinity Engine.

I agree. It looks way too inspired by current game standard. Almost look abit like Fable (?) having kids with Diablo 3. Not that it is bad art, but it is really bad art for a hardcore RPG such as Project Eternity.

I want it to feel heavier.. like Diablo 1/2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale or Morrowind. Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Diablo 3 all look way too sassy for me to take it seriously. Take a look at real armor.. it does not look like that concept art.

Concept Art of Baldur's Gate

That concept art is way better. Actually that is the perfect example of a wizard or mage.

Edited by AdaMusic