Will this have minigames? Especially those that you could spend hours playing over and over again?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Please let my stats/skills/whatever work in the background and decide (with some chance thrown in) whether I can pick a lock or whatever.

Thanks in advance, a concerned backer.

(If you want to introduce a minigame in the sense of FNV's "Caravan", that's okay by me. *Know* that I'll most probably ignore it, though.).

Edited by Tychoxi

I hope not. Seems like development time could be better spent on other things.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I don't mind minigames like dice poker in the witcher or pazaak in kotor. If they fit in, they contribute to a "living and breathing" world.

But I really dislike it, when you are forced to learn and play such a minigame to finish a certain quest. The minigames should be optional!

• Like 2

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

The only one I liked was the card game in Might and Magic 6 or 7. It was a side game to play in taverns and there was a small quest linked to it that had a very interesting reward ( a chest full of relics).

But minigames for lockpicking or things like that become tedious very quickly.

Minigames that can be avoided - like Pazaak in KotOR or almost all small games in GTA - are a diesease....thank God I don't have to play them, but wasting effort on creating and programming them makes me angry....but if most of the players want them, fine, I'll yield to the masses.

But minigames - like Dice Poker in The Witcher 2 - which you HAVE to play as part of the storyline, are a pest! Kill it with fire!

If there's enough employee, two years should be sufficient time for a few mini-games. I don't see why they couldn't nor do I think they'd be opposed to the idea.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I do like mini games if done well but will not be dissapointed if there are none. Depending on the impact of the mini game your character skill should be involved or if not make the mini game optional or not plot action related. I do like the odd distraction in game from time to time.

Some tavern games perhaps? it is totally logical in places where rogues and other less then reputable folks hang out, you can expect all kinds of 'games', from romance minigames to dice. If minigames are done logically and not too hard so as not to put people off, they can add a great deal of flavor and atmosphere.

Minigames can be fun and atmospheric if they respond to character skills. I wouldn't mind if I see some of those minigames in the game later:

gambling, tavern games, drinking contests (alsways great for atmosphere)

fistfighting (I always love arena games where I could become champion)

perhaps some "magic battle" (would be something new?)

lockpicking (why not if it's only available for chars with the according perk)

puzzling (would be nice if we could get some real puzzles)

35167v4.jpg

I like mini games, but only if they are not pointless. I never played "Caravan" in New Vegas because you could only win cash with it (as far as I know) and I had ****loads of bottlcaps and $NCR. ^^

If they do include mini games, then I would like to be able to win something special that you can actually use to make your character or group stronger... kind of like in the Zelda games.

:closed: