Scrolling text log for dialog and combat

I like the Baldur's Gate text box for the dialogue, but I'd prefer the combat stuff to be in another tab or something for less textual clutter (and easier to scroll back through quest dialogue for review).

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I like the Baldur's Gate text box for the dialogue, but I'd prefer the combat stuff to be in another tab or something for less textual clutter (and easier to scroll back through quest dialogue for review).

An extra (permanent)log with all the dialog you've had with various characters previously would be appreciated too. I think a single box of all-including text is fine for the immediate situation in the game though.

I agree. The text interface (damn, the whole interface) in infinity engine games was just great. Text log featuring both conversations&descriptions and combat (attack rolls, damage, etc.) is extremely useful and informative. The one upgrade over the old one that I'd like to see comes from Wizardry8. there should be a [combat messages] [dialogues] [other] toggle, so that we wouldn't have to go through the whole log for the thing that we're searching for.

while we're at it. inventory, spellbook, character sheet, all the other screens - should definitely be made like in Infinity, i. e. make up the whole screen. Words cannot express how I raged at the ****ty miniscule tabs in the neverwinter nights games (drakensangs did this right, though).

[intelligence] I'm fighting the Good Fight with my posts.

I don't really think they need to do a permanent log with ALL the dialogue you've had with various characters, but I do think a "Journal" like they had in Baldurs Gate could go a long way in reminding the player of what they have done or agreed to do for different people, reminders of strange or potentially important places or events, and other such things.

I don't really think they need to do a permanent log with ALL the dialogue you've had with various characters, but I do think a "Journal" like they had in Baldurs Gate could go a long way in reminding the player of what they have done or agreed to do for different people, reminders of strange or potentially important places or events, and other such things.

I meant a permanent log in the way the journal is kept. That said, while nice, a permanent log probably wouldn't be that helpful in this game. Although damn, what I wouldn't have given to have one in Ultima 4.

I wouldn't expect any less than a journal in a modern game. I don't think anyone wants to go back to the days of having to write their own journal or drawing their own maps if their memory is less than perfect. Ouch, my fingers still hurt.

Words cannot express how I raged at the ****ty miniscule tabs in the neverwinter nights games.

I was physically unable to scroll up in those games.

Combat log is of vital importance, but I'd see it segregated from dialogue. 2 tabs, one for dialogue and another for rolls and all would be great.

Didn't Planescape:Torment include a complete quest dialogue section in the journal? It's been a while (wonder if it'll run on my current computer :(... now I really want to play it again /cry).

Perhaps---a journal that covers complete dialogue and a tab for "quest objectives," with space next to the objectives for our own notes; a text box with scrolling quest dialogue and the option to place combat and other mechanics items like coordinates in a separate tab (especially if there's a system option to show "rolls" if there's anything like that, since that scrolls so fast and so much during combat, that I remember in BG2).

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)