Will this game have crates?

Hey Obsidian codemonkeys,

Will Project Eternity have crates in game? Smashable crates? Smashable crates with loot? Smashable crates with loot that is sometimes maybe really good?

Smashable crates that goblins burst out of? Smashable crates that robots explode from? Smashable crates that are actually mimics and eat your character for instant death requiring a reload if you get too close?

Please include crates. I need to know about this game's crate credentials before I commit any money.

Edited by Krezack

I know this is a innocent thread, but kinda reminded me about he journalists asking Bethesda about Horse Armor DLC in Skyrim.

Mind you, destructible objects might be interesting. And monsters coming out of 'cover' like that might be good too.

Edited by Delterius

I'm okay with crates as long as you can't search them for loot. Nothing I hate more with a room of crates where I end up having to compulsively look in every single one on the off-chance of there being something valuable in them.

Besides that though, go wild. Smash them, climb them, fry them, juice them, serenade them, go for it!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Crates?

Hrmph.

I suppose there can be crates. But only if they are fewer in number than the clearly superior barrel, crate, and/or cask.

Crates should be fewer in number than crates.

Mind: blown.

Consarnit.

That was supposed to be keg.

Now my shame is immortalized in quote form.

jcod0.png

There better be an achievement for crate bashing. And rat killing. I'd like my in-game epithet to be Smasher of Crates and Scourge of Rats.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Arcanum had smash able crates, kegs, doors, windows but you could also cause them to jam and not be able to unlock them. I don't remember if they reset after a period of time. I think they di. I loved smashing things. However a bunch of crates or barrels with three red apples in them is not my idea of fun. crates that explode, creatures that mimic crates, crates with something worth while in them in small numbers are fine.

Why does the food in crates and barrels in the TES games never go moldy? There should be moldy food in some of those crates, kegs, barrels.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I'm okay with crates as long as you can't search them for loot. Nothing I hate more with a room of crates where I end up having to compulsively look in every single one on the off-chance of there being something valuable in them.

Besides that though, go wild. Smash them, climb them, fry them, juice them, serenade them, go for it!

+1 to that.

Honestly I hope they can avoid the whole "carrying loads of loot around to sell" paradigm entirely.

Stretch goal: The Cratemaster Class! Able to control all crates within a five-mile radius, the Cratemaster wields the supreme power of randomly-generated cruft loot and occasional gunpowdery death. Through the use of the ancient art of pan-crate-ion, the Cratemaster has achieved enlightenment in the realm of all things related to long-term unrefridgerated storage and transport, and now chooses to use that same wisdom to destroy all who would spoil, damage, or upend the boxes, cartons, and bins of the world. If you've got OCD, you're probably going to hate... THE CRATEMASTER!

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

Crates are okay. I like milk crates, but boxes are where it's at, you know like card board box, juke box, and the ever popular soap box.

I'm not a big basher of breakables, I prefer to merely click on them to get at the goodies inside. I just hope the goodies ain't just random junk with a few useful or valuable trinkets in them.

In the world of Eternity, all goods are actually stored in the imagination of their owner. Bashing open the owner to set the spirit of the sword or potion free is one of the bigger moral quandaries you'll face on your journey. Will you use force, or will you convince the owner to give you an itemized list of their inventory items so that you may imagine them yourself?

In the world of Eternity, all goods are actually stored in the imagination of their owner. Bashing open the owner to set the spirit of the sword or potion free is one of the bigger moral quandaries you'll face on your journey. Will you use force, or will you convince the owner to give you an itemized list of their inventory items so that you may imagine them yourself?

I want to play this game.