The obvious stretchgoal(s) is more content across the board (quests, quest solution options, NPC's, locations, ways of interacting with the world, enemies, combat options, skills, abilities, etc). I would want a TB option as one (would even increase my pledge for it - despite the possibility of it not being 100% optimal), but I certainly understand if it doesn't happen. Aside from those, I can't really think of anything specific but a toolkit, but that's not of my concern as I do not tend to use mods anyway.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Apart from modding tools, I have no ideas for stretchgoals. However, I know what I do not want:

- full voiceover. of course, it won't ever be made, simply because there will be too much text to voice, and I'm sure obsidian won't cut on dialogue choices because of retarded modern policy

- multiplayer. simply no. there's no need for it. it's a purely single-player game. waste of resources.

• Like 2

[intelligence] I'm fighting the Good Fight with my posts.

The obvious stretchgoal(s) is more content across the board (quests, quest solution options, NPC's, locations, ways of interacting with the world, enemies, combat options, skills, abilities, etc). I would want a TB option as one (would even increase my pledge for it - despite the possibility of it not being 100% optimal), but I certainly understand if it doesn't happen. Aside from those, I can't really think of anything specific but a toolkit, but that's not of my concern as I do not tend to use mods anyway.

I think that's basically what will happen. The devs have already said that how many additional people they bring over to work on the game will depend on fundraising, so more content will likely be the major outcome of overfunding.

Edited by Nefastus

However, I know what I do not want:

- full voiceover. of course, it won't ever be made, simply because there will be too much text to voice, and I'm sure obsidian won't cut on dialogue choices because of retarded modern policy

- multiplayer. simply no. there's no need for it. it's a purely single-player game. waste of resources.

Most agreed. :thumbsup:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

There have been my great recommendations for the stretch goals, but what you really need to do is support your European fans that do not speak English very well by adding support for more languages.

Edited by dlux

:closed:

Too much voice acting is one of the things killing RPG's today. This is supposed to be a throwback game, a classic deep RPG from the days of yore. READING IS NOT A BAD THING. Baldur's Gate and Planescape levels of VO are fine with me, read the greeting and first couple lines of conversation with important characters to give us some idea of what the character sounds like. At most. More than that and you limit the quality of the conversations and spend waaaaaay too much money far better spent on other things.

Stretch goals should be things like additional platform support, custom tools, and a bigger, deeper, more complex game. More artists, more writers, stick with the plan.

• Like 1

No extra OS. Let them fully concentrate on the PC.

By PC do you mean windows?

Yes. Porting it to mac or linux will cost money they rather could invest in more content. Later when the game is finished and good they can port it.

That said, if you are going to port it, whether immediately or eventually, it's probably a non-trivial overall cost saving to be mindful of that fact while doing the original development as opposed to disregarding that direction at first and trying to go back and update it after the fact.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Break the 800,000 "active participation" word count by a parsec. :thumbsup:

(P.S.: The marketed DA:O word count always pissed me off; half of that was hidden in the codex, not used interactively.)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

No stretch goals. Just put every dime into the core product and make it as awesome as it can be.

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by this. How do stretch goals not feed back into improving the core product? I mean, the various stretch goals that Planetary Annihilation had definitely contributed to basic gameplay and atmosphere.

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

Dissappointing stretch goals. WEE, moar companions to romance and a house to have se... er... I mean to play interior decorator in. A house...really? :yucky: Maybe if it's a stronghold that needs to be upgraded/ managed but a dollhouse like in Oblivion/Skyrim? No thanks. Only interesting one is at 2.2m with the expanded world region/quests/npcs, etc.

ONE more race/companion is fine.

Scrap the house and add MORE to story story story (areas,assets etc..).

You should have also though about translations.

Anything else should be more on story/area/game focus.

MOD tools and turn-based would of course please the codex ;)

I think the people who really wanted a Linux/Mac version will be potentially pleased.

And it's not just companions, but playable races. I like having more choices in both those things, actually...helps replay value for me. So I'm pretty happy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts