When do we get to see some stretch goals posted on KickStarter? Over 650K already, I want to see what else is going to be added when it breaks the goal!

What does everyone want to see for stretch goals? I would like to see extra content or areas in the game. I would also be cool with guaranteed DLC packs, getting them included at one of the donation levels.

Can't wait for Project Eternity!!!!

I think a stretch goal could be tablet support- windows 8 is going to be fairly mainstream by the time the game comes out.

The problem with DLC packs- how do we know what is an added pack, if we don't know what they are going to put in the game originally? Unless it's perhaps a token for every kickstarter pledger, for a free version of whatever DLC they do release post launch of the game.

EDIT# just realized that this may have been what NateOwns was suggesting

Edited by Catamite
  • Like 1

despite the fact that they decided not to use voice acting, I'd love to see it if it goes oiver 2.2 mil

They are not discarding voice acting, they are voice acting about as much as in Baldur's Gate and PS:T, with some, more important lines being used to define a character. Full voice acting is what they are discarding and good riddance.

• Like 8

The only stretch goals I'd like to see are the ones that make the game bigger. No exclusive content (preferably no DLC at all), no new character options, no fancy equipment. No. So by bigger I mean I want to see more cities, more NPCs, more in-depth quests.

Now the catch I guess is that it's hard to separate additions of this sort into something as rigidly defined as stretch goals - after all, one would already assume that each dollar pledged is a dollar adding the nebulous term "stuff" to the game. I suppose something like the Shadowrun Returns city vote could be done to make the "reward" of hitting each goal more tangible.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The only stretch goals I'd like to see are the ones that make the game bigger.

no fancy equipment.

Well, if they add a dungeon/quest/region/content where you get a magical item with interesting utility, I'd be all for it. One of the things I really liked from BG2 are the interesting equipment that don't just add to my attack rate.

despite the fact that they decided not to use voice acting, I'd love to see it if it goes oiver 2.2 mil

I'd actually be in favor of one stretch goal to be "expanded voice acting". Whatever that would mean. Good voice acting can add a lot to the plot, though with the sort of game Obsidian seems to be going for here, I agree that having it all voiced would be very impractical. Especially on a limited budget. The hybrid Baldur's Gate/Planescape style is best I think. Though i'd like a BIT more spoken than in Planescape, ideally.

Still, it doesn't top my list of important features by any means.

• Like 2

No platform expansion please.

I thought the devs were pretty clear about this already? I mean, that part of the only reason this is possible is that they're focusing on a single platform. Designing around multiple platforms adds a ton of cost and restricts a developer's options in terms of what features can be implemented.

• Like 2

• A player stronghold similar if not more in depth than Crossroads Keep from NWN2 (if its not already in the game)
  • more sidequests
  • more towns/cities/areas
  • larger towns/cities
  • more/larger companion questlines
  • Something along the lines of the trading company in SoZ. Start a business/invest in property. Maybe connected to the player stronghold

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

As for voice acting I love it if it is well done. I turn off sub titles and dialogue text and really feel that I am part of what is going on. If the voice acting is poor then it ruins the game for me. I would like more voice acting as a stretch goal. You do not need to hire expensive movie and TV stars there are plenty of aspiring voice actors of all ages.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Voice acting adds an element of immersion but it also severely limits what they can do with the game. Look at the amount of conversations we had in games like Planescape and Baldurs Gate, compared to a game like Dragon Age. By not having voice acting, they can have a lot more random conversations, branching paths and options; without having to worry about paying voice actors for an insane amount of recording time. I'd rather that money went towards something more meaningful.

Sure, they could have some of the lines voice acted, but personally I find that to be very jarring. I'd rather have none than having some lines voiced and others not. In a game like this, I think it's best to leave it out entirely. Just having more quests and areas to explore would be fine with me.

• Like 2

Problem with voice acting is that at some point you need to lock text down and start recording audio sessions. And during that time you don't have that much of manouver possibility when some parts of dialogues should be changed/corrected/expanded. What Infinity games have done right that was voice-acting approach: only *some* lines for major characters had a voice-over, to let player know what kind of voice NPC had, but rest of dialogue was only written, so it could be changed easily later. And yet it still let you "hear" the voice of character speaking (imagination is a funny thing).

So I hope Obsidian will go that route with voice-acting - I don't need to hear *every* line of dialogue, I read faster ;)

• Like 1

• A player stronghold similar if not more in depth than Crossroads Keep from NWN2 (if its not already in the game)
  • more sidequests
  • more towns/cities/areas
  • larger towns/cities
  • more/larger companion questlines
  • Something along the lines of the trading company in SoZ. Start a business/invest in property. Maybe connected to the player stronghold

Agreed on all points.