Judge Hades Character

Guys, Visceris goes back to some of my earliest days as the webmaster for Black Isle. No donation is required for a tribute in the game.

And don't worry. I won't spare the rod in his representation.

Haha, awesome.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I remember fighting with Vis all the time as a mod. God rest his soul. I imagine I'll be gifting one of the $35-65 teirs to a couple of friends. I don't think they'll make us pledge for it, but I'd be willing to have that pledge go to a Vis rememberance character, although I have to admit that I miss Phosphor much more and we never found out what happened to him.

EDIT: okay, I guess things just happened too quickly. Kudos to Sawyer, but also to Hurlie who's always been kind of the conscience of this joint.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Guys, Visceris goes back to some of my earliest days as the webmaster for Black Isle. No donation is required for a tribute in the game.

And don't worry. I won't spare the rod in his representation.

...nicely done, Josh; Visc'd want ya ta capture 'im in all his glory... :yes:

...one thing, though, lad; I knows tarna wasna a heavy-duty poster & sometimes "problem child" like some o' us was, but he was a long-time member o' the Isle an' a helluva good lad...mayhaps a couple o' tributes wouldna hurt... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...one thing, though, lad; I knows tarna wasna a heavy-duty poster & sometimes "problem child" like some o' us was, but he was a long-time member o' the Isle an' a helluva good lad...mayhaps a couple o' tributes wouldna hurt... ;)

:(
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I'm sort of hoping tarna sitll is, not was. But I'm not privy to updates.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...sorry, didna mean ta come 'cross that way; I's hopin' wit' all me heart that tarna still be wit' us as well...the "was" part jus' be sayin' that he was a long-time member o' the Isle, as was Visc, an' he be deservin' o' a tribute, as is Visc...

...ya know what'd be funny; runnin' inta a group o' (insert race 'ere) bickerin' 'bout (insert damn fool arguement 'ere): Briareus, Puuk, Maldonado, Bloodlust & Visceris, wit' Tarna actin' the voice o' reason... :yes:

• 7 months later...

Greetings:

This is the late Hades/Visceris' roommate. I was the one who posted via his account regarding his death not quite three years ago. I was contacted last night IRL regarding this tribute and I can't describe how choked up I am, especially with it getting the Strong Official Nod.

Yes, he was a stuborn, opinionated pain in the rear. He loved to argue; he and I would argue various topics for hours on end, with each of us swapping views regularly and even acting as our own straw-man on occasion. He had his share of merely bad traits and one or two truly horrible ones, the worst of which was he constantly refused to try and take care of himself both mentally and physically.

But he was also one of the single most humane, patient, and caring people I have ever met in my life. I would quite literally not be alive today if he had decided to turn me away as a roommate when I was penniless instead of allowing me the time I needed to get back on my feet. So instead of becoming homeless (again) with no way to survive winter, he gave allowances to someone he barely knew. When he barely had enough to do more than cover his own bills, he was willing to stretch what he did have to help. And I wasn't the only one he did this for, either.

He was my roommate for 13 years. He was my best friend. He was my brother. He is still one of only three people in my life whose death still causes me to cry openly whenever I'm reminded of him.

From myself and all of his friends, thank you all for this.

• Like 1

Once I locate them on my drive, I can post the ones that were, as Calax put it, 'Ha! Camera!'. I'm trying to get hold of our friend who took what were really the best photos of him ever at another friend's wedding to find out if he still has the digitals or if we'll have to scan in the print.

I never new the guy as I joined late, but he sounds like an interesting guy.

It's nice to see a developer that cares.

It's even nicer to see a community on the internet that actually cares and is willing to go the extra mile.

Heh.

Maybe one day when I leave, people will remember me too (fondly...but I suspect it will probably be the opposite :p )

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!