Just take a look at the pie chart of how much contributions from Linux users contribute towards sales for the Humble Bundles.

Linux users love you too Obsid! And we're more willing to shell out money for games (source: Humble Bundle)!

Don't forget that Steam will be on Linux and out of beta by the time you ship.

Edited by Krezack

From Project Eternity Interview @ Gamebanshee

Buck: What platforms are you targeting for Project Eternity and when do you anticipate releasing it? When the game is finished, what are your plans for distributing it and supporting it over the long-term?

Feargus: First and foremost it is going to made on and for the PC (Windows). Our hope is to add Mac and Linux versions as we get farther along with the technology and based upon the success of the Kickstarter campaign.

I am all for a Linux version, I use Linux everyday, Windows rots on my main computer's harddrive in between occasions when I need it (generally because I want to play a game). But I have to ask: is this really what we wanted? Steam on Gnu/Linux? (yeah I just went all Richard Stallman on you there) .

Sure, Obsidian, make a Linux version, but please make it as close to the free software spirit as you can. You wont gpl Onyx and the tools

I am all for a Linux version, I use Linux everyday, Windows rots on my main computer's harddrive in between occasions when I need it (generally because I want to play a game). But I have to ask: is this really what we wanted? Steam on Gnu/Linux? (yeah I just went all Richard Stallman on you there) .

Sure, Obsidian, make a Linux version, but please make it as close to the free software spirit as you can. You wont gpl Onyx and the tools

Edited by Krezack

• 3 weeks later...