Chris, if you write a full party of characters as good as Kreia...

I agree with you OP, this game definitely needs Kreia's mother as a party member.

Kreia is one of the most awesome party members of all time it's a shame her skill lesson was kinda broken i dunno if they've fixed it in the latest TSLRCM version.

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

Kreia is a great character, but the "scornful teacher" thing and being forced to take her in your party seemed to annoy quite a few people. She may well have been better as a non-party character given her role in the events of KOTOR2.

I've always wondered if a lot (I'm not saying all) of the people that hate the critical mentor thing just can't take critisism in real-life. Or have to deal with critisism so much that they are exhausted on it.

Kreia is a great character, but the "scornful teacher" thing and being forced to take her in your party seemed to annoy quite a few people. She may well have been better as a non-party character given her role in the events of KOTOR2.

I've always wondered if a lot (I'm not saying all) of the people that hate the critical mentor thing just can't take critisism in real-life. Or have to deal with critisism so much that they are exhausted on it.

The relentless criticism really made the character for me. I remember towards the end, when you face her in the ruined enclave before going to Malachor V, I was utterly crushed when she pronounced that I had failed her as a student. I mean...Really, I actually considered starting a new game. I loved listening to her lectures and deconstruction of the Jedi and the force, because I agreed with a lot of it, but in the end I decided to just ignore it all and go full dark side. When she finally explained what she was trying to do by teaching me, and how completely I had failed in everything I did, it ****ing hurt man ha ha. I think it's one of the first times I actually felt guilty about my actions in a video game.

• Like 2

I always loved her. She had an almost mother daughter relationship with the Exile by the end, and her ending speach, I don't care what people say, after the final battle was a perfect end to the game. It felt sad and yet complete.

-

I'm not sure you want a full party of Kreia though. You need people for a character like that to play off of, because it's the contrast and the bouncing of dialogue between these conflicting personalities that makes a character like Kreia complete. Anyways, I wouldn't want them to do Kreia again. I do get what you mean though, someone that compelling? That's something I'm sure we'd all like to see.

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I'm not sure you want a full party of Kreia though. You need people for a character like that to play off of, because it's the contrast and the bouncing of dialogue between these conflicting personalities that makes a character like Kreia complete. Anyways, I wouldn't want them to do Kreia again. I do get what you mean though, someone that compelling? That's something I'm sure we'd all like to see.

Imagine every action angering 5 of the 6 Kreias and they all chastise you and then fling insults at each other. Your party is always arguing and second-guessing everything you do. In the end, you are supposed to fight through every Kreia before destroying the ancient evil or finding the wondrous macguffin, but it's too late. They've gotten to you. All you want to do is listen to 6 speeches telling you how worthless and disappointing you are. They're right and you deserve to be punished. The Kreias have won.

• Like 2

I actually didn't like Kreia. I think the concept was good, and there were snippets of excellent writing in there, but she took herself too seriously to make as many grammatical errors as she did. I think having someone like Kreia with better proofreading would be an excellent idea.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!