thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m very excited for upcoming Pillars of Eternity and truly look forward to this game!!!

That being said, I’d like to share my entreaty with a humble faith that developers may check this friendly note one day. Seeing how some of recent titles turned out, I sadly start to lose faith in gaming industry. It takes lots of effort nowadays to find good story-driven game with well-thought characters, convenient combat system, easy-to-use inventory and long playability. Patches are anticipated to come right after each new release because it almost expected for a finished product to be buggy. (And I don’t mind fixing a bug here and there… but just look at DA:I). Downloadable content can now contain some information crucial to the main plot that was cut out simply for the sake of few extra bucks. And I’m not even talking about character’s customization (people like their protagonists to be unique? Pfff!).

The main point here is not for me to complain, whine or argue. I simply ask: please, do not let me down! And if PoE is truly what it seems to be (and, once again, I’m very hyped for this game :thumbsup: ), I will be very committed to invest in future games. All the best to all of you!

• Like 3

I’m very excited for upcoming Pillars of Eternity and truly look forward to this game!!!

That being said, I’d like to share my entreaty with a humble faith that developers may check this friendly note one day. Seeing how some of recent titles turned out, I sadly start to lose faith in gaming industry. It takes lots of effort nowadays to find good story-driven game with well-thought characters, convenient combat system, easy-to-use inventory and long playability. Patches are anticipated to come right after each new release because it almost expected for a finished product to be buggy. (And I don’t mind fixing a bug here and there… but just look at DA:I). Downloadable content can now contain some information crucial to the main plot that was cut out simply for the sake of few extra bucks. And I’m not even talking about character’s customization (people like their protagonists to be unique? Pfff!).

The main point here is not for me to complain, whine or argue. I simply ask: please, do not let me down! And if PoE is truly what it seems to be (and, once again, I’m very hyped for this game :thumbsup: ), I will be very committed to invest in future games. All the best to all of you!

Can't agree more. Haven't touched DA:I yet, partly because of PC issues, and party because I don't know if I trust the game to be good, and not a Elder scrolls clone.

But buggy releases and bad RPGs getting good reviews (Looking at you Divinity) I'm really clutching one of my last straws of faith with Obsidian here.

Living up to the hype some of us feel might be hard, or even impossible, but as log as the game is good I'm going to be happy.

If Pillars ends up flopping, I'm just gonna retract into the wave of old games on steam and stop buying new games I think :/

I am hovever INCREDIBLE hyped. and looking foreward to it!

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Can't agree more. Haven't touched DA:I yet, partly because of PC issues, and party because I don't know if I trust the game to be good, and not a Elder scrolls clone.

But buggy releases and bad RPGs getting good reviews (Looking at you Divinity) I'm really clutching one of my last straws of faith with Obsidian here.

Living up to the hype some of us feel might be hard, or even impossible, but as log as the game is good I'm going to be happy.

If Pillars ends up flopping, I'm just gonna retract into the wave of old games on steam and stop buying new games I think :/

My advice is stay away from DAI. I've been playing it for 30 hours now and the good laughs I got (unintended by the game) are not worth the money, whatever your currency.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

My advice is stay away from DAI. I've been playing it for 30 hours now and the good laughs I got (unintended by the game) are not worth the money, whatever your currency.

Well, I thank you for the advice, but my current level of RPG withdrawal is kinda high, and I feel I owe it to Bioware for old times sake to give it a try.

I am however of the belief that it is an improved skyrim. As I believe Bioware have had to be able to make more interesting dialogue/combat/story at the very least. And even though I had a lot of issues with skyrim, even after a lot of moding, I still played it for more hours then most games I've bought in the alter years, so as long as I go into it with an attitude of "it's skyrim, only better" I shouldn't be to dissapointed.

• Like 1

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had no idea this game was in the works. No idea how I missed this news over the past 3+ years. Anyhoo, I wanted to say thanks to all of you fans who have been fighting for this and backed the kick starter. Thanks to all those who have been here eagerly waiting since day 1 and posting here for years.

I kind of feel like a cheater coming so late to the party... just in time for the go-live. As a new/somehow oblivious fan, I want to thank all the true fans who have been here all along and made this happen for the benefit of everyone.

I had no idea this game was in the works. No idea how I missed this news over the past 3+ years. Anyhoo, I wanted to say thanks to all of you fans who have been fighting for this and backed the kick starter. Thanks to all those who have been here eagerly waiting since day 1 and posting here for years.

I kind of feel like a cheater coming so late to the party... just in time for the go-live. As a new/somehow oblivious fan, I want to thank all the true fans who have been here all along and made this happen for the benefit of everyone.

It's okay, man. Just realize that for the next two years of fan activity, I'll call you a johnny-come-lately and ignore all of your opinions. Other than that, we'll be cool. ;)

Edited by Katarack21

Saw the sneak peak of the PoE documentary, had all kinds of goosebumps. Revisited the Project Eternity Kickstarter pitch video, felt all kinds of emotions too. It's been 2 years plus. We've made something amazing happen without even knowing that OE gambled their future with us. Thanks for having faith in us old school gamers OE, you guys made history.

Thank you Tom, and to the rest of your team. Infinity games are what made my childhood, and whilst New Vegas shines brightest out of recent releases, THIS GAME is what we have all been waiting for in our dreams.

Your project is more than just a game, it's a statement across the spheres of gaming, that quality games still exist, and that it still has many supportes, who have been in the shadows, overlooked for far too long.

Take pride in what you're doing, for it is truly special. As I told Brian Fargo before, it's an honour and a privilege to support you guys.

P.S.

Props to Tim at Double FIne for illuminating a path for this mini revolution of retro gaming.

Thank you Josh and all in Obsidian for making great games and having guts to go into this project. I hope others will recognize your work and that PoE will make great sales and what is even more important, will be played and refereed to 15 years from now and more!

I wish you all the best and many more great RPGs for you to make and for us to play :)

Best,

Aa