thank you!

I have the same sentiments as those that posted above. I'm only about 4 hours in and you guys have already surpassed my expectations. I really hope this game does GREAT, it helps Obsidian stabalize as a company, and you guys continue bringing games like this to us! Keep up the great work guys!

Quoi dire de plus .... Franchement, depuis le temps qu'on attend un vrai successeur à BG (1 & 2 même combat) .... Le peu de temps que j'ai pu toucher au jeu (bah oui, faut bien bosser un peu ^^) je peux dire que j'ai retrouvé le plaisir du style. Par ailleurs, la version française étant une VOSTFR, je dis oui et re-OUI ! Putain, depuis le temps qu'on se cogne des versions FR vocale faites avec les pieds (comme les versions FR des dessins animé cela dit), ça fait du bien d'avoir les intonations d'origine .... MERCI !

Donc pour cela, MERCI !

Passé cet épanchement de bonhomies, il y a forcément quelques couacs .... Pour l'heure, cela se situe surtout au niveau de la traduction des textes. Rien d'énorme, rassurez-vous, mais qui peuvent être gênant à la lecture compte tenu que tous est à lire … Je n'aurais pas la prétention de tous les pointer du doigt (je viens pour jouer avant tous ^^) mais leur correction ne serait pas un mal je pense pour notre communauté.

Amicalement,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What else to say .... Frankly, from the time we expect a true successor to BG (1 & 2 even fight) .... The little time I could touch the game (yeah, must much work a bit ^^) I can say that I found fun style. Furthermore, the French version being a VOSTFR, I say yes and re-YES! Damn, since the time that bumps voice FR versions made with the feet (such as FR versions of animated drawings though), it's good to have the intonation of origin .... THANK YOU!

So for this, THANK YOU!

After this outpouring of bonhomies, there bound to be some hiccups .... For now, it is mainly at the level of translation of texts. Nothing huge, rest assured, but can be annoying reading given that all is to read ... I would not presume to all point the finger (I come to play before all ^^) but their Correction would not be a bad I think for our community.

Sincerely,

Ballok

• Like 1

Total redemption of your previous buggy releases, and an epic game in its own right.  You guys could push out expansions for this game for the next 20 years and I would be happy.  I hope your next kickstarter makes star citizen money

Thank you, Obsidian. Not only for keeping your promise, but for surpassing our expectations. IMHO PoE is one (maybe two) patches away from becoming a masterpiece, proudly and rightfully standing between Baldur's Gate and Planescape:Torment.

I had faith in you, Obsidian. And you didn't disappoint. Thank you. For the few hours I've already spent on the game and for the many more to come. I already see my self playing this 4 or 5 times.

Good luck for whatever new adventures you've got ahead.

Yes, Thank You Obsidian! I really love the game! The mechanics are fresh and exciting, and the dynamic environment is just icing on the cake. Bravo to your writers too! As others have stated, my first "quick peek" last night after getting home from work absorbed a few hours. That is a great sign. I am loving the subtle homages to BG scattered about.

Looking forward to playing more.

So far, the game is really hitting on all cylinders for me. The art direction, writing, and combat all work together very well. Those storyboard cutscenes. <3  I so enjoy these games that are a labor of love from their developers. Well done, everyone at Obsidian. I expect to be immersed for a long time with this.

I'll add my voice to this.

The last few months I've been playing a bit of BG/BG2 with the Big World mod and gotten into the feel of these games again. Then I got PoE up and running after coming home from work this afternoon. And It is just fantastic! original.gif

The ~only~ thing I regret is that I have to go to bed now. Fifteen years ago, I'd have said screw that, and carried on playing all night through! grin.gif Alas, no such excesses these days. So, good night and thank you very much, Obsidian. You've done great!

• Like 1

As I enjoy this quiet evening to appreciate this game, I get back these feelings from 1999. Baldur's Gate, its not the same thing of course, many things have changed in the video game world and in all our lives, this game isn't just plain nostalgia it was just doing something that begged to be made and that blind publishers didn't wanted to be funded.

I always supported Obsidian, and loved what they did despite this long road of flawed games the studio created. I always knew it wasn't a product of malice, nor incompetence it was just out of pressure from publisher. Kickstarted allowed us, gamers to correct this, Obsidian has made probably its best game, its magnum opus. Not only this consecrate this studio's talent, but it also sets a precedent, a milestone in that little history of gaming : passion and hope can win, Pillars is a proof that a kickstarted game can be finished, well made and fulfill its promises, that the hype is not always misplaced and I hope we'll have to see more of this in the future, from obsidian or others.

Thank you.

I'm so happy the absurd amount of money (for me) I pledged turned out be worth it. Honestly, I had written off Obsidian after being disappointed by the unfinished and buggy KotOR II, and being frustrated by having 5 attempts to play NWN2 (the last one well after all patches had been released) stranding on progress stopping bugs at various places in the game. Great potential alone isn't enough if I'm prevented from enjoying it. So that I still shelled out quite heavily for the kickstarter is a testament to how badly I wanted Eternity to succeed, that and the hope that without corporate pressure you guys would be able to transform all that potential in a polished game. And, boy did you guys deliver. :)

So thank you! I hope that the game sells well enough that you can self-fund whatever future plans you guys might for the Eternity (and other) IPs. But if not, don't hesitate to run another crowdfunding campaig. I'll be there day one. :)

u really pulled it off. Hands down, one of the best games i ever played. thanks a bunch and i wish Obsidian all sucess in the world with this perfect piece of software (which u probably get anyways) because u guys honestly earned it.

Just taking a little break from the game (at 4 am) to thank you. I'm not far in yet but it looks like you've outdone yourselves, what a beautiful game! And so happy to see all those amazing reviews, you guys really deserved this so much. Now I only cross fingers that it'll be a financial success for you too and you can finally do whatever you always wanted to do. 

I know I am spamming a little bit, but forgive me this time as it will be the first and also last time I repeat a posting.

But it was so overwhelming that I had to do it:

Hi Everyobdy out there! Hi Obsidian!

German ratings from major and most important game testing magazines are online.

I did hope for a rating for at least 85% but this... I can't believe it. It is so great!!!

PC Games: 91%! 

Gamestar: 92%!

http://www.gamestar....tung/48834.html (in German)

Gamestar wrote: 92%: This is the highest rating ever for any game for the last two years (after Crysis 3)

Metacritic: (and comparison to other obsidian games):

http://www.gamestar....34,3084355.html

So this is absolutely amazing and I am missing words for this.

The biggest THANK YOU TO OBSIDIAN!

YOU GUYS MADE A  D R E A M COME TRUE!

Thank you so much!

(Copied from the topic I started this morning)