thank you!

thank you so much for your interest and support. "

No thank you!!!

In a time when many RPGs seems to consist of loot, God of War quicktime events or just harder bosses for the hardcore fans ( Sacred 3, the Order and Bloodborne - i am looking at you here )

, it is rare to find a game that captures lore, feeling, mood, atmosphere and the feeling of wonder we felt with the first diceroll at a D&D game back in the days.

Sure, the latest Dragon Age was a nice surprice, but this seem to be well above expectation. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much obsidian. Hoping this game is as good as Baldur's Gate II if not even better. 

Pillars of Eternity it should be the new golden standard in how RPGS are made now a days.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Alright, two hours into the game, and one hour alone for char creation! And even though some might argue its too early to really praise a game I cannot do otherwise...I love it already.

So I'll join in and want to say: Thank you, that you took the risk to make this game, which hopefully will not only pleasure us BG-veterans but may also show younger folks the joy of a "true" RPG. Not that I do not like other modern takes of the genre as well, but damn...killing my first wolf and solving the first easy puzzle in the first little dungeon, scouting ahead with my rogue and backstabbing foes while my warrior uses a bow from second row and tehn joins the melee?

THAT's what I want! And the world also seems to be fairly interesting (and gladly not as "humourous" as Divinity was) and wants me to learn more....and buy the expansion eventually...^^

So again, thank you. And thanks to the fellow pledgers!...(and though it's kinda sad to write it but: I also thank myself, as I feel actually a little tiny bit proud that I believed in the game and devs two years ago, and now the product is out and is showered with praise all around...it just feels good somehow....^^)

Vox: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Vox

Are you ... like a crazy person?

Vox: I’m quite sure they will say so.

Guys,

Thank you for this, and congratulations on finishing the marathon.  Now take a week or two to celebrate, and get back to work on the next kickstarter game...

On a side note, my little daughter looked at the triple spiral symbol and named it, "Those who should not be forgotten."  Kids, right?

Once again, congrats on a job well done.

It's nice, I loved the character creation, the backgrounds part, Gods and countries give me a lot of ammo to create my own personal stories with my characters, it reminds me a lot of NWN2 in this regard. The problem I have is that...it is taking forever to reach the Adventurer's Hall and get to create the rest of the party, although I heard that it is a decision to fit with the encounter balance...it just feels like I'm dragging a bunch of guys until I can get to my real party though but it's fine. I'll just take it as an extended tutorial I guess...

Godlikes are, well, Godlike...Paladin Moon ones seemed to me to make most encounters (except the bear in the cave at the start) rather easy so far, I haven't tried others yet, but a friend said that Death Godlikes are also quite beastly...

The exploration is what I've been loving so far, been wandering around the woods and having a bear ripping my face apart once, then reload try again and getting my throat coming out my ass made me chuckle actually, it's been just so long since last I felt this "ok, I'll save it for later, I ain't fleeing, just uhm...regrouping, outside of your reach" and it was nice to see this again.

The game is gorgeous, music is amazing and I like the atmosphere you get right when you get into the first town. Superb.

As always said... Thank you.

Pillars is the game i've dreamed to play... you made it possible... no words. Tx !!!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I posted this elsewhere but wanted to have it on the Official page too:

I enjoyed ALL the Kickstarter RPG's I backed: W2, D:OS, DS. They all gave me that 'fix' of old RPG style nostalgia.

But this is something else entirely. This isn't just a 'homage' or 'EE' type of cash grab, preying on the memories of jaded gamers yearning for the old days. This is a game that IS a natural continuation of those and the feeling I get when playing is incredible. I can't stop my grinning as it gave me EXACTLY the same feeling like I had at the end of the 90's when playing such games. Not in a 'heh, they included this too, just like then' kind of way but an emotion born in isolation, without reference to a past age. While playing I just feel that this is right and how it should be and has always been. Hard to describe really....

But I'm glad I was a part of it and that I shelled out for the signed copy, this truly is the incline that I've been waiting for(remember mainstream reviews loved IE games too, so that's nothing to disqualify this, rather it points at the continued universal appeal of this type of game). Obsidian have finally come of age and have picked up the torch they were edging towards with false starts and distractions.

Fabulous!

• Like 2

Dear developers.

Yesterday I have created my first char in PoE. I didn't play a lot but I want to thank you all for a good job. When I can't make straight choice on the stage of creating hesitate wich one is the most interesting char to play first, I know that I'm provided with a lot of time I'll spend with pleasure playing game again and again. Tnx!

WOW! You really did it! Tonight I played it for the first hour and I was hooked from the the very first minute. Brings back so many warm memories and feels fresh at the same time.

Can't wait to explore this new uncharted world...

Congratulations on a successful launch Obsidian! The game is having a great reception, so far. I will reserve my final opinion for after I finish it, but so far it feels very solid. We'll see, it might even exceed my expectations.

Anyway, the incline is real!

Just made my way through to Gilded Vale before heading off to work, and I feel it's just thr right thing to add my voice to the choir of congratulations and thank you's. Obsidian, this game so far is exactly what I've been looking for!

No, it really us that should thank you. I have played several hours and honestly loving it. Its beautifully crafted, full of text and amazing detail. Gog edition and so far no bugs. 

Really awesome game. Thank you.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do?