thank you!

Thank you very much for everything.

I have really enjoyed keeping up with your journey through your kickstarter updates.

I am looking forward to seeing your final product.

Ya I'm awesome, I know. You're welcome.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I want to thank everybody working at Obsidian who helped create PoE.

I've been waiting for such a game for so many years, to know that finally my waiting is at an end is a feeling I can't really describe. Suffice to say, the hype is real and I am looking forward to being in front of my computer tomorrow when the game unlocks. :w00t:

I only have one request for you guys, please keep on rolling out patches as often as you have during the beta because that's part of what makes for a great gaming experience, having bugs fixed in a timely fashion.

Once again, thanks from the bottom of my heart Obsidian :wub:

• Like 1

I just say thank you too. Although i´m silent in thhis Forum, i follow the Game since Kickstarter. gotta smile if i think back to the kickstartertime, when i waited impatiently for every update, or klicked thousand times actualise too see, when finally this next stretchgoal is gonna be reached.

• Like 1

I just registered after ordering Pillars of Eternity and watching the two videos on the road to producing Pillars of Eternity. I want to say thank you to the Kickstarters for believing in Obsidian and thank you to Obsidian for delivering on the promises you guys made. In the video it shines through that you guys care. And we gamers care too.

So thank you from a gamer to a gamer. I will be following whatever release you do too as artist who care about the work they do create the best work. 

No sir! thank you!

i´m a 36 year old gamer starting with Gold box ssi games over baldurs gate up this Point where u just can´t find decent rpgs anymore.

Obsidian has made a dream come true i dreamt for over 10 years now, to see a worthy successor to the old era rpgs. i cannot express (however some of you Obsidian guys might know this feeling) how this feels....maybe imagine opening a Gold box game and install it under Dos after quirking around in the config.sys and autoexec.bat to make i run. or to see the black isle logo when loading up a game and to just by that know ur in for high Quality time.

u guys brought this back. however...now that i think about it....what the hell took u so Long :<!!! :)

• Like 2

I just tried to explain why this game resonates so much with me, to my wife.  She didn't get it, and I really didn't expect it from her anyway.  She couldn't tell you what Baldur's Gate is to save her life.  The concept of playing a game for well over a decade is foreign to her (she's just not interested in games).  

For me, I am hoping, like many others of you I suspect, that I'll be playing PoE as much in the future as I have BG/BGII in the past. After having just watched and re-watched the Road to Eternity Part 1 and 2 videos, I'd say that wouldn't be a big shock to anyone if thousands of us do.  

Thank you, Obsidian.  

I haven't felt like this in so many years.  It's like I'm a kid again waking up on christmas morning.  Every time I think about this game, I just have flashbacks to little old teeny me playing through all the classic games for the very first time - and I have no doubt that you've recaptured some of that magic - with the team ya'll had there was no way you couldn't lol. 

Thank you Obsidian!   

• Like 1

I agree with pretty much everyone else. I have not been this excited about a game release since I was a kid. I am proud that I was able to be a part of the kickstarter that got this going! Can't WAIT to play the game and I hope it becomes a smash hit!

this is what happens when you let ppl make the game *they* want, not EA, ubisoft or other clueless publisher.

• Like 2

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I add my voice to others:

Project Eternity was the very first crowdfunding project I backed, and I didn't know about the KS campaign at its launch. In fact, back then, I was so disappointed by computer gaming (and gaming in general) little by little for years so I switched to Linux and neither have played nor wanted to play any video game for a year (the longest period since I was a child). I had new priorities, that is what I thought, but I believe I have lost hope (on many things).

But one day, in a Linux community forum, while it has mostly opensource and free software discussions, someone posted about the Project Eternity KS campaign which was launched around 10 days ago. Sure, some people ranted because "it isn't FLOSS, so why posting that?!", but the person who posted tried to explain why it is news to relate, and it was obvious he or she was passionate about that project (passionate in the good sense).

So I was curious and very interested in what was discussed because I have played every Interplay/Black Isle/Obsidian game (usually not on release but only a few months after) from Fallout to Fallout NV (it was the very first and the very last game I played on release, and if it was the last it wasn't because of disappointment; on the contrary, I liked it a lot; it was because of "social" things tied to Steam like achievements especially those compared between everyone playing the game with percentages, and so on... too many "social" things were part of what made me flee from video games at the time, but it's another story, and it isn't the place to discuss about that  ;)). So when I looked at the KS page, I instantly understood why people grew passionate about the project, I became "hyped" myself too, and a bit sad on myself not to have followed more the Obsidian forums "before it was cool". ( :grin:)

That campaign was part of why I play and enjoy video games again. So thank you for having made people passionate (including myself) about your games and projects.

Edited by Huinehtar

Europe is annoyed with you sun tanned, Subway sandwich eating, surfer nerds with your flip flops and such and things and etc! It's 11AM! This time-zone centric release is so typical of Americans! Sure! Suuuree!!! Just release the game when YOU want to!! I'm the one who paid money to get this made and now I have to WAIT!!? <\joke>

Hhehe. Thank you so much for everything, all of you @ Obsidian. I love you and can't wait to play PoE. Hooray! :lol: