thank you!

Just wanted to say one massive thank you to you guys/gals at OE for putting forward the KS campaign to bring out a game with the premise of taking the fundamental aspects of some of the greatest RPGs from my childhood of all time and reinterpreting this all into a new game that I have been dreaming of since I completed the Baldur’s Gate series.

Whilst I may not have been posting much on your forums I have read every single Project Update with the utmost fervour.

Best of luck to you with finishing off this epic project. I however don’t really think you need it! :-)

Silver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Baldurs Gate (both parts) has been the videogame of my life. I am so tired of this so called role videogames, when they are action games instead. I thought something like this would never happen. Thank you so much, I wish I had more money to give you more than 35$.

• Like 1

On the 1st of August,; I will make pledge some money. I don't know how much, but it will be at least enough for the beta. Thank you Obsidian for making a successor to the IE games.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

If I had lots of cash, I'd pour it extensively into this project, but I can only give the little I have and hope that my support is to any aid! So thank you yourself for developing such a masterpiece of a game!

I really hope PE is a great success so we can enjoy more "old" "style" RPG games with modern days PC technology!

Cannot wait to get my hands on this!!

Thank you 1000 times for making Pillars Eternity!

And we thank you for being there to discuss with us & all of us create a truly unforgettable game !

--but it couldn't be done without your passion Obsidian 

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

On the 1st of August,; I will make pledge some money. I don't know how much, but it will be at least enough for the beta. Thank you Obsidian for making a successor to the IE games.

I am now a backer and will be playing the BETA! Hurray!  :dancing:

Thank you again Obsidian for Pillars of Eternity!

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I really don't know how I missed this project for this long! Either way thank you so much! I love that this project shows that the market can bear a product that are wanted and needed without having to deal with what the big game producer types "think" we all want.  

I look for forward to giving more money not only for myself but to give in a way that provides games for others that can't give more but want the same things from their games.

Best to all!

I’m not thankful of anything jet, I bet on obsidian to deliver a game that I would like, and in my mind it was a safe bet. In my mind I preordered a game 2 years in advance.

Despite me not considering most of their games masterpieces, always filled with bugs and what not, I really enjoyed all of their games, even dungeon siege 3.

Alpha Protocol, one of my favorite games, of course it’s like a really bad Mass Effect, but still.

Every game they made felt Rushed, and this was the opportunity to no rush.

Now its time to see if my bet played off.

And if you deliver a new modern RPG classic, ill be thankful. If you don’t, it’s ok... I'm sure it will be a good enough game that ill like to play

Your demo vids far exceed my expectations. VERY NICE!

Finally an RPG that focuses on combat mechanics and story, and has nice 2D graphics. Sure, 3D is an improvement for most games, but for games like this I'd prefer up-to-date 2D graphics over 3D any day.

I doubled my pledge today. Keep up the good work, don't forget character and monster animations, and I'd be more than happy to double up again at release.

• Like 1