thank you!

I have to ask.  I backed this game to hell and back, but failed to kick in the extra money required for thie shipping costs.  I believe I backed the $140 model, which required an extra $20 in shipping internationally (stupid Canada).  I also missed the boat on the Paypal backing, so that avenue's closed to me.  I remember them saying something about a website being launched that can handle those details, but I haven't heard anything new in months.  What's the status on that?

Still pending, I believe, but Obsidian's good people. As soon as they have news for us regarding the site's up-ness, I'm certain that news shall be liberally shouted upon mountaintops... and by mountaintops, I mean internets. :)

If I'm not mistaken, they suggested that one of the Tuesday-evening Development Updates should have details for us on the Backer Site fairly soon. Just check these forums (specifically this announcement sub-forum) in the following weeks, and I'm sure you won't miss it. They'll probably get your inadvertent missing-shipping cost squared away once it's up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I have to ask.  I backed this game to hell and back, but failed to kick in the extra money required for thie shipping costs.  I believe I backed the $140 model, which required an extra $20 in shipping internationally (stupid Canada).  I also missed the boat on the Paypal backing, so that avenue's closed to me.  I remember them saying something about a website being launched that can handle those details, but I haven't heard anything new in months.  What's the status on that?

Still pending, I believe, but Obsidian's good people. As soon as they have news for us regarding the site's up-ness, I'm certain that news shall be liberally shouted upon mountaintops... and by mountaintops, I mean internets. :)

If I'm not mistaken, they suggested that one of the Tuesday-evening Development Updates should have details for us on the Backer Site fairly soon. Just check these forums (specifically this announcement sub-forum) in the following weeks, and I'm sure you won't miss it. They'll probably get your inadvertent missing-shipping cost squared away once it's up. :thumbsup:

I have no worries about Obsidian.  I know that they will deliver on this product, and the constant and transparent updates are great to read when it's slow at work.  I want this game more than I wanted Dragon Age: Origins.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was late to the party.  I'm just catchin up on these independent efforts.  My poor credit card:  Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Dead State, AoD, Torment: Tides of Numenara, and now Project Eternity.

I promised myself I would never ever ever pre-order a game or pay over $49, after several disappointments over the past year or two (cough, cough, release day DLC, cough, cough).  But here I am doing both.  I'd much rather my money go to the noble devs than those mean old publishers.  You guys rock!  Keep making great games, and I have no problems with giving you guys my support.

Can't thank you guys enough for having the courage to go back and try something that a lot of other's simply won't and exploring the concept further with more modern technology. It's a return to the classic style of RPG that has been in need of new content that isn't all about who has the shiniest most hardware intensive game you could possibly imagine. More Story, more substance, a richer world and an amazing graphic style and an original IP.

It also feels like it has a lot more honest heart then you get from games that are all about "How much can we milk from the gamers today? Lets remove half the game and sell it as day one DLC!"

So thank YOU! If you make good games they will come. This is certainly shaping up to be one of the finest in a very long time! Keep up the amazing work and the development vlog's are an amazing insight. Love them!

Keep it up guys! You are doing an incredible job!  

My money's short, i'm sticking at home in front of my pc display browsing for news about computer RPGs. My eyes meet "Project Eternity", ooops i didn't know about it (shame on me). What ?! Kickstart goal reached ? Veeeeery gooood ! Wait, i'm seeing slacker backer option there : I'm a slacker but i decide to throw my last bugs to support a game, i'm confident, will be stellar.

Thank you for reviving this idea of RPGs, let the good ol'times rolls ! (with new, ooooooo shiny! techs).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I had remembered about this game. 

I had it bookmarked and just realized with some other forum another person posting about it that the KS ended yesterday...not that I have any money right now.

Well, it ended a year ago yesterday, methinks. Yesterday was "the day" it ended, out of the 365 days in the year, much like your birthday is the day of your birth, but you weren't actually born this year. 8P

*edit* The yesterday of which you spake is what I mean by "yesterday."

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 4 weeks later...

No joke I am a slacker backer and I love Rpg's I don't know what took me so long, but I just watched the kick starter video and i'm like about to cry. Its the sweetest thing anyone has ever done. Lol. Just teasing . Seriously, keep up the good work I check out the website every other day hoping for a release date. Thanks again from Costa family all six of us that are dying to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I backed the project on Kickstarter, but took my time to register here on the forums. Despite being a little late to this thread, I wanted to say thanks to everyone at Oblivion for making Project: Eternity. The Baldur's Gate series is collectively my favorite game (nothing else has come close) and I've been waiting for a similar gaming experience to appear ever since I finished Throne of Bhaal back in the day.

Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner for you folks in the States, I just wanted to say: Thanks, P:E crew, for making my gaming dream a reality! I wish the best to all of you and all you forum members and lurkers, as well.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone at Oblivion for making Project: Eternity

:no:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I wanted to say thanks to everyone at Oblivion for making Project: Eternity

:no:

Not the first time I've seen that typo. :)

Hahaha! How did that get in there!? I haven't even played Oblivion... :(

Suffice it to say you were... oblivious... to the existence of that typo?

8)

• Like 1

Just joining all the thanks given here to Obsidian.

I grew up on Baldur's Gate and Torment and always come back to them. Newly released games feel soulless and simple and tailored for children. There are no secrets, no intricate layers and lots of hand-holding.

Thank you for doing this your way and trying to create a game that keeps the beast features that so many people here love.

I just wish i contributed earlier to get the cool stuff for backers.

Patiently waiting for release :)

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

• 2 weeks later...

Back sit--wha, what?! On bill day? Curse you Obsidian! Now I have to wait two weeks to up my pledge. Come on, you know I'm good for it...

Also, thanks.

Edited by seiya

Back sit--wha, what?! On bill day? Curse you Obsidian! Now I have to wait two weeks to up my pledge. Come on, you know I'm good for it...

Also, thanks.

Seriously. They could've at least waited 'til like Steve day or something. Maybe Jim day. 8)

If you can truly work out a magical experience that kind of takes me back to those times. A little like Dragon Age: Origins did. I say, I'm more than ok for every penny I donated. If not but I can see you tried then I'm still glad I did. There hasn't been a better chance at something as great as this before!

"Life... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you need? You are... different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm has prospered, her name is respected and her children are fed and safe. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?" Jon Irenicus - Baldur's Gate 2