thank you!

A big thanks to all the backers. There's plenty of people starved for a good cRPG out there. A big thanks to Alvin, Chris, Tim, Rob, Adam, Feargus, Bobby Null, Josh, "Oscuro" Salgado and everyone else that kept us company over the live stream. Feargus, I can only hope you keep Aidan away from sugar. He's gonna be a real handful with a sugar rush. Thanks to all the ladies working in Obsidian and putting up with all the sleazy people in the chat. Tina still has the best hair. All the guys, keep sporting those awesome beards. Adam, for a moment I thought Moby had entered the Obsidian offices. Put on some weight, good man! I was really let down Tim hadn't prepared any cookies or other snacks for the live stream. Oh, and one more thing; WOOOOOOOOO!

Wow, good job everyone! I'd like to thank everybody who pledged and so gave Obsidian the chance to create this impressive game. I'm really excited for the next updates, Obsidian is going to show off to us. :)

Best regards,

Vio

• Like 1

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." Alan Watts

Thank you !!! Obsidian!!!

I only play Bioware games and Your games ...I dont have that much time for gaming. But I contributed to you Kick-starter campaign and im proud of it....

give me another cracking story and I will be happy !!!!!

Best Wishes to the Whole Team !!!! now get back to work....lol... ;)

Edited by firstarioch

You're welcome, green shirt girl -- I mean, Josh Sawyer. PINK UNICORNS!

• Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Thank you to Obsidian for taking the plunge into the unknown of crowd based fund-raising, Thank you as well for designing a game that will be spiritual successor to the BG/IWD series and my favourite game Planescape Torment.

As importantly, thank you to the fan base for continuing to power on ahead, right to the death of the campaign. As an early backer, I watched in amazement as the pledge total kept on ticking up and up like a reverse New Years countdown ball right up to just below $4M!

Well done everyone!

Aside: The outpouring of support towards OBS, marked by the amazing total really shows the gaming industry that there is an big appetite for cRPGs designed solely for computers that well designed and character and narrative focused.

Hopefully unamed gaming companies (who were themselves the former leaders of this genre) will sit up and take notice before they their IP get overwhelmed by the tentacles of corporate overloads who demand in their games support across all console platforms, Day 1 DLC, compulsory multi-player options and a game story line aimed for adolescent boys.

Here's hoping they were paying attention.

• Like 1

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Well what can I say but:

• Thank you for a well executed project campaign that kept us interested and commenting (over 60,000 comments OMG)
  • Thank you for engaging so well with us via the Kickstarter Comments, replies to PM's, and on the forums here
  • Thank you for having the foresight to create a concept that it appears over 70,000 people were eager to be part of
  • Thank you for listening to our ideas, debating with us, and agreeing (or disagreeing) in a way which had us rethink our suggestions
  • Thank you for letting us be a part of creating history (over $4m including PayPal - wow)
  • Thank you (in advance) for providing us with a fantastic gaming experience sometime in 2014!!!

• Like 5

Well what can I say but:

• Thank you for a well executed project campaign that kept us interested and commenting (over 60,000 comments OMG)
  • Thank you for engaging so well with us via the Kickstarter Comments, replies to PM's, and on the forums here
  • Thank you for having the foresight to create a concept that it appears over 70,000 people were eager to be part of
  • Thank you for listening to our ideas, debating with us, and agreeing (or disagreeing) in a way which had us rethink our suggestions
  • Thank you for letting us be a part of creating history (over $4m including PayPal - wow)
  • Thank you (in advance) for providing us with a fantastic gaming experience sometime in 2014!!!

couldn't have said it better myself

PINK UNICORNS

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Well what can I say but:

QFT

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As many others have said, Thank you Obsidian.

Thank you for daring to make a game that a lot of us want, but is harder and harder to get. Thank you for all of the brilliance, and fun, and sorrow from the myriad adventures you have created here, and elsewhere. Thank you for shaping the kind of gamer, and person I became.

Thank you.

Well what can I say but:

+1

Also... GANGNAM STYLE!

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Hi Guys,

I just realized that I forgot to add 20 bucks for shipping to my $140 pledge (I added 20 bucks but I meant it for expansion):(

Is it possibile to change my KS pleadge after I reacived e-mail from Amazon that my payment was completed?

Damn it! I'll kick myself it it will not be possible now....

Please gyus, help...

Hi Guys,

I just realized that I forgot to add 20 bucks for shipping to my $140 pledge (I added 20 bucks but I meant it for expansion) :(

Is it possibile to change my KS pleadge after I reacived e-mail from Amazon that my payment was completed?

Damn it! I'll kick myself it it will not be possible now....

Please gyus, help...

From my experience in Wasteland 2, backers will have a chance to pay through Paypal for extra shipment once they set everything up and you can review how much you have pledge and what reward you want.

Its normal for people to forget shipping.

You can't change anything on Kickstarter now, but you should be able to do it directly with Obsidian later on.

For now, lets wait for the official word from them. Your problem will most definately be address and we'll see what are the instruction to pay for shipment.

I think the overwhelming support is a testament to the great games you made and the fond memories they evoke.

All the best for this new poject, cheers !

In terms of a deep, quality RPG I feel like I've been wandering in the wilderness for 20 years, so thank you.

Despite a few exceptions, I tend to agree with you.

Edited by atn

Hi Guys,

I just realized that I forgot to add 20 bucks for shipping to my $140 pledge (I added 20 bucks but I meant it for expansion) :(

I found this on the PE FAQ page:

Don't worry if you missed paying for international shipping - we'll handle this later through our website. At that point you will be able to pay for shipping or any other related charges.

Edited by Gryzor