thank you!

To see such a dramatic outpouring of support from the community is truly astonishing. Thanks again.

With all due respect, if you're truly astonished by the response methinks you seriously underestimated the number of consumers still hungry for quality roleplaying in cRPGs. <-----Why do I always use a lowercase "c", you ask? Because I've always held that the best cRPG is one that most closely emulates a well-designed Pen and Paper session of [insert your favorite roleplaying game]. Too many developers become fixated upon the "video" aspect--ultra hig-def/high-polygon, kewl 'sploshuns, physics cards, etc.--and neglect storyline, character development, and interperson relationships.

We're putting our money where our mouthes are because we believe that you're better than that by a long shot. Planescape comes to mind in support of this. And...you're welcome! :biggrin:

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

With all due respect, if you're truly astonished by the response methinks you seriously underestimated the number of consumers still hungry for quality roleplaying in cRPGs.

He probably browsed BioWare's forums. I would lose faith in RPG "fans" too then...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Glad to help. Looking forward to my signed C.E. Thanks obsidian!!! I'm quite sure this game is going to turn out to be something very special, especially considering all the amazing stretch goals that have been met so far!!!! Almost to 3.5mil.....Big, Big City 2!!!:)

He probably browsed BioWare's forums. I would lose faith in RPG "fans" too then...

I respect what BioWare did in the late '90s and early to mid-'00s, but after they sold themselves to EA... Well, let's just say that there's a clearcut reason I'm more active here than I am over there.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I'll poke my head in for my first comment before skittering back into the shadowy corners of lurker-dom...

CONGRATS and THANK YOU for this! As someone who was, up until just recently, working in the gaming industry I have to admit... I was really missing the authentic feel of the RPGs of old... my D&D/Firefly gaming group only meets once a week(D&D one week, Firefly the next) and it just isn't enough! Nor have any of the companies out there REALLY delivered in a long time. Sure, they were fun... including the titles I was lucky enough to work on, but seeing this just flat out excites the HECK out of me. And watching the outpouring of donations and comments from hopeful players makes me sincerely hope that the big names out there in the developer world take note. This shattered records and there's a REASON for it.

I donated more than I can, being jobless and without any money coming in, but I can survive on instant noodles and the weekend gaming binges if it means supporting this amazing effort. I simply can not wait to see the amazing game you are going to be able to make for us! (Esp since this allows you to avoid the 'entanglements' that I have personally watched destroy amazing titles...)

GO GO OBSIDIAN! GO GO PROJECT ETERNITY!

Edited by Kymriana
  • Like 2

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

How much was it in the end.

4.2 Millions?

A little over 4.1 million I believe.

Also, congrats everyone for making this become a reality. Thank you big amount and small amount pledgers. Without both, this would never have happened.

So funny when i think of the some days ago when we where a little anxious if we could do the "Ziets Strech Goal" and look now we even surpassed 4 million... almost unbelievable but Obsidian and most of all you faithful backers made this happen. Thank you all dear fellow backers!

I want to thank YOU, all the great folks in Obsidian who gave me and so many other devoted fans this astonishing opportunity, and just as much I want to thank to you all fellow backers and RPG lovers for making this dream come true. Well now, I have not a slightest clue how this choosing reward tier works and whatnot, but I can't care less, for me personally the greatest reward is fact that in two years I will get just that kind of RPG I gave up all hope in ever seeing again. As for mr Avellone, just make sure to patch Arcanum with unofficial patch and Drog Black Tooth's latest unofficial patch and it'll be fine :yes: Seriously now, I hope Chris will shake off at least some of his resentment during playthrough and will enjoy at least a little bit SOME of the many enjoyable aspects of Arcanum. With best of wishes to you all I want to say one last thing... Don't hold back guys.

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.