thank you!

I've been checking on the kickstarter page constantly, watching the number grow. As of this post, it's up just above $1.9 million. I'm hoping it will close in on $3 million or so when all is said and done.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I chipped in my 280 today, being around the 45,500th person to do so. I wish I could've given more, but unfortunately I have to organise and fund a white tie ball within the next four weeks, among other expenses.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Was at the $140 tier, but figured that signed box might be cool to have. Better restrict the coffee budget.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Huh, just noticed they have tweaked the $2.0 million stretch goal:

"Get your own house in the game that you can customize, store equipment in, and where your companions hang out, or, as the elves say, "chillax". Adds new NPCs, a store with unique new armor, clothing and weapons and.... more quests to adventure on."

Never noticed it before but that's awesome.

Thank you Obsidian. I'd throw more money in if I could but $280 is already more than I can afford (who needs food anyway?)

I thought these kind of games were dead and buried, no developer or indeed publisher wanted to touch it with a barge pole. But it seems with Kickstarter the games that I loved to play in the 80s, 90s and 00s are coming back again. Either new versions or updates. Either way, I've contributed a significant (for what I can afford) amount and I have high expectations on this project. Will follow it all the way!

"Blue Wizard is about to die"

You guy are great! All those fantastic games you have brought to us are legends! Replaying all of them constantly. Can’t wait for this project to come out too.

Ssorry, I just have to say it: please, don’t try to do what other company *cough* BW *cough* did. Please no random glowing characters at the end and no super-weapons that just magically kill the entire enemy. This is all I ask for. Pleeeease... But I have trust in you knowing how to do things right. ;)

I'm glad to help fund this project, and as others have said "Thank You!"; this is something many of us gamers have been waiting for.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Thank you! My god, I thought this would never happen! It's been torture slogging through all those tepid modern day RPGs. I've always said, IE is the only way to do a cRPG right. It let's the player focus on what matters, a good story and tactical combat, without getitng bogged down in anything else. It's just the perfect melding of style/function... Ahhh, so excited.

This is so excellent. Whatever you guys do, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Edited by Ignatius

Thank you! My god, I thought this would never happen! It's been torture slogging through all those tepid modern day RPGs. I've always said, IE is the only way to do a cRPG right. It let's the player focus on what matters, a good story and tactical combat, without getitng bogged down in anything else. It's just the perfect melding of style/function... Ahhh, so excited.

This is so excellent. Whatever you guys do, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Not to mention that this will be playable with a 1920x1200 resolution from the get-go, no need for resolution and UI mods.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I am so happy a project like this has finally come around... you guys have some good timing, cause I have a bit of disposable income to help support a project like this... not that I don't enjoy replaying BG 1 and 2, or torment or IWD and the list goes on, and its nice to see a really new rpg on the horizon.

Chevalier of the Obsidian Order of Eternity and all around classy dude.

Donation just completed through paypal!

Vowed I'd double the amount I paid for Wasteland 2's kickstarter if Obsidian would ever start one.

And now I've most likely spent more then I'll ever spend on a game ever again.

If this heralds the beginning of a new RPG era however... worth every penny.

Let the good times begin! :sorcerer: