thank you!

Woohoo, thank you for Linux support :thumbsup:

I wished I could proudly say I donated more than $100 too, lol. But that may only be possible next year when I finish my studies and start having a full time job :shrugz:

Perhaps a way for us to up our pledge later on throughout the time before the game is completed?

Congratulations Obsidian. I'm glad in a way that it's been more than ten years since the like of Torment and Arcanum; everyone's a bit older and wiser, the community (I hope) can see the difference between the current triple aaa RPG's and the opportunities of KIckstarter. And all the greatest developers are still involved without having got burned out, drunk away their brain cells or resigned!. So - looking forward to the next few years.

Next up is the $2 million mark for a player house. The one I'm excited about reaching is the $2.2 million mark, which will include a new region, new faction, new companion, and that Monday announcement.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

2,2 million $ should be easy, there's plenty of time left, I wonder what else is in store for us, minigames, another engine maybe?

A different engine seems highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure Obsidian's satisfied with Unity based on their post earlier and besides which, that would be a pretty big switch, even at such an early stage in development.

More likely, the stretch goals will include some of the possibilities Urquhart was talking about earlier.

"Understanding is a three-edged blade."

"Vivis sperandum: Where there is life, there is hope."

Thank you!

BG/IWD/PST (& ToEE) is what got me into cRPG's, and essentially what got me out of it, when companies seemingly stopped producing such games. Pledged 250 just to get the worls setting book in paper! I'm willing to throw in a bit more if you add the Sawyer sings Tavern songs from BG1.

PST is one of my two favorite games of all times, and after playing that game no other game have ever impressed me with the story ever again. Looking forward to see what Chris Avellone can do with another free run with the text editor!

Yeah, I think the kindness of your donation more than makes up for any deficiencies in your English. My first girlfriend was a friend foreign exchange student in high school. ...About thirty years ago. lol

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was following the lead up to this and when the Kickstarter was announced I knew I had to get on board. You guys are one of my favorite devs because you all actually care about making great stories and characters, qualities that make me love a game. I threw in $140 because you guys really deserve it and I'm tired of seeing you guys getting screwed over. I just hope Project Eternity's combat is a lot better than the old PC WRPGs, because I couldn't stand the first two Fallouts' combat and as I much as I loved Planescape the game kind of became a chore combat-wise when you hit Curst.

Backed at the $5000 level, project is looking great, hope my idea for a adventuring group fits in with the setting.

:banana: Impressive, Starglider! If that isn't worth a dancing banana, what is?

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Backed at the $5000 level, project is looking great, hope my idea for a adventuring group fits in with the setting.

That's really awesome of you. I wish I had that kind of scratch to throw around (without my wife literally killing me) but how fun is that, getting to make an adventuring group of baddies?! Hopefully they work with you a little bit so you don't just operate blind.

Edited by nikolokolus

That's really awesome of you

It was the least I could do; Planescape : Torment is my all-time favourite game (ahead of even System Shock 2) and was inspirational to me as a student.

but how fun is that, getting to make an adventuring group of baddies?! Hopefully they work with you a little bit so you don't just operate blind.

I recall reading that Obsidian will send out some character sheets. It's quite possible that the group I have in mind aren't suitable for the game; they had a great backstory and worked well in their own (Forgotten Realms) campaign, but might just be too strange for a low-magic / medieval setting. Still, it's worth a try, I'm sure my old late 90s D&D group would love to see their characters get a cameo in a CRPG.

Edited by Starglider
  • Like 1