thank you!

A friend told me the day this appeared on KickStarter and I donated immediately. I wanted to donate more than $65, but my wife wasn't down with more than that. ;) Icewind Dale 1 and 2 and the Baldur's Gate Series are still my all time favorite games. Hearing about this return to the old school systems of yore made me very happy. Josh, thanks to you and the team. I used to post all the time back when you and the team were working on Icewind Dale 2, but it's been about a decade I got excited enough about a game to jump back on the forums. Good luck with the game, I plan on hanging out on the forums until the game is released. :)

I pledged the other day, but couldn't log onto the forums I'm guessing due to the weight of traffic. Already, I can't wait for release... perhaps one of your stretch goals should be a release tomorrow.

On a serious note though, I saw that you tried to get this funded through traditional means before turning to kickstarter. I would love to know which imbeciles turned you down. I guess we'll never find out. Good luck with the developing anyway, we're all behind you.

Oh and an after-thought edit, how's this for a stretch goal... mod support?

Edited by piethief100

I'm still waiting for you to set up that Paypal account, but once you do you can be sure I will be throwing some money in your direction. I still consider Knights of the Old Republic II to be either the best or the second best game I have ever played, and I would love to see what you people can do with an original IP and without a developer breathing down your neck. The best of luck!

A chance to return to basics, gameplay as a support for a rich, engrossing narrative that eschews the needless lens flare and cinematic saturated RPGs that have all but taken over the market in recent years.

Thank you, Obsidian, and don't let us down !

I would like to thank everyone at Obsidian for resurrecting the classic RPG. I haven't been so excited with the announcement of a new IP in many, many years.

BG, IWD, PST, etal. from that era, are my favorite games of all time. There are many games over the years that have been well-done and I have enjoyed. However, none have come close to the immersion and emotional attachment to the companions and the world that these classic games provided.

You have my trust and faith to stick to your vision. We are investors, not publishers. Take what you read on the forums with a grain of salt and stick to your concept. You are an incredibly talented group of people who found a way to make your dream come true. I know it will be great and wish you nothing but success!! (I don't envy your sleep schedule over the next couple of years, though.)

I would like to thank everyone at Obsidian for resurrecting the classic RPG. I haven't been so excited with the announcement of a new IP in many, many years.

BG, IWD, PST, etal. from that era, are my favorite games of all time. There are many games over the years that have been well-done and I have enjoyed. However, none have come close to the immersion and emotional attachment to the companions and the world that these classic games provided.

You have my trust and faith to stick to your vision. We are investors, not publishers. Take what you read on the forums with a grain of salt and stick to your concept. You are an incredibly talented group of people who found a way to make your dream come true. I know it will be great and wish you nothing but success!! (I don't envy your sleep schedule over the next couple of years, though.)

Hey SqueakyCat, this forum looks a little livelier than our other one. I also think it's great seeing a company take a chance like this, it's so rare these days to see someone taking a chance on a new IP and it really deseerves to be supported, it would be great seeing an old school RPG done with modern style I'm looking forward to it. Best of luck to Obsidian and youhave a great night too SqueakyCat.

Thank you Obsidian to taking the crowd-funded route. It allows your fans to play a small part in the creation of something special, and I hope you get the creative flexibility you deserve to produce a fantastic title. I am certain the success and rapid attainment of your target has caught you by surprise, and I look forward to the playing product when it is ready.

I would like to thank you guys, putting this together with the dedication and experience due to the background of the games you've made is just simply awesome.

When i found out about the project on kickstart i knew something big was comming up, i'm still expecting several more million to be raised and already i can't wait to hear more about the game let alone think that it will be some time before it's out there.

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone at Osidian.

Golg

Thanks for giving us old-school RPG fans hope for a decent game! In addition, this is a great opportunity to show that there is still a market for intelligent, complex games. :)

I completetelly agree :). Thany you Obsidian!

Edited by Carlitus

I'd like to thank you guys as well. I usually design levels in my dark little office and avoid making appearances, but your amazing support has summoned me from the gloom of my dungeon for some meet and greet. I'll be on the boards regularly to chat it up, give opinions, and maybe even rant a bit. More than anything, I want you to know that while we value your support, we also value your thoughts and ideas.

• Like 7

To build on what Bobby wrote, even when we are already confident in our direction, seeing how people discuss a topic helps us frame our own discussions properly. Races are a good example. We already knew we wanted "altered traditional" + "kinda odd" + "huh". Seeing the discussions made me realize that not only did I need to explain it in that way all at once, but that we needed to show you one of our altered traditional character concepts at the same time.

• Like 5