thank you!

Yeah, thank YOU, Obsidian. So great to see a developer step up to make a game like this. This is the first kickstarter that I've ever backed and the decision was a no-brainer for me. Been a fan of Obsidian's games for a long time, so really, really looking forward to this one.

No worries Josh. Frankly I hope you (and Wasteland 2) are hugely successful. And that after you are, you share how amazingly successful you are. I'd love to see some "data points" that show this type of gameplay is indeed valid and highly in demand.

If not though, deliver to your contributors. We'll contribute to the next one :)

Cheers!

Allan

My only regret is that I could not give more. The timing was just bad for me, since I also have to pay for school in a couple of weeks. I'll try to pledge a little more before the deadline.

I honestly had very little hope that this game would ever be made. Isometric view, hand painted environments, a proper interface meant for a mouse and a keyboard, modeled on the infinity engine games I grew up on, made by the very people who created these games?

I have been waiting for this for ten years. Thank you.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you can supplement your pledge (or make a brand new one) via Paypal anyway even after the close of the 'official' kickstarter, so presuming it hits the 1.1m target, there's probably no reason to feel rushed about which level you're shooting for.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The whole studio has been quite excited and humbled from all of the support so far. You guys have been awesome!

And don't worry, we've been reading all the posts, comments, and suggestions everyone here has made, so keep them coming. And as Josh said, all of the pledges and support has been truly astonishing. Thanks again everyone!

• Like 1

Twitter: @robyatadero

Just wanted to say that I love it when artists get to create art for themselves and for an audience that really appreciates it. Glad kickstarter came along and glad that maybe a renaissance (or at least an unfilled niche) in PC RPG gaming can maybe get filled.

hope all goes well and you guys get to make the game you really want ... That's almost always the kind I want to play.

• Like 1

I still remember the day when it became known that Project Jefferson/The Black Hound/Baldur's Gate 3 got canceled. You guys seemed really passionate about that game and it was very sad to see so many great ideas remain unrealized.

Now, after almost 10 years, I get the feeling that you'll finally get to show off your full potential with Eternity. I'm confident that it will be an exceptional game and I'm happy to throw my support behind the project.

• Like 1

backed pretty much as soon as i saw what you guys were trying to do. big fan and i'm glad to see you finally getting to do the kind of game that you've been wanting to for a while. in some ways this is a terrible time to be a gamer what with all the CoD clones, and RPGs being dumbed down for consoles and pretty much everything of that nature. this is one of the reasons this is a great time to be a gamer.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

NO Thank YOU

"Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur's Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TURI6iDdbac&feature=player_embedded

I don't think I've ever been so excited at a game announcement before....

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly
  • Like 1

in some ways this is a terrible time to be a gamer what with all the CoD clones, and RPGs being dumbed down for consoles and pretty much everything of that nature. this is one of the reasons this is a great time to be a gamer.

Now, in all fairness, I really enjoyed the Modern Warfare series. I'm not a huge FPS fan or anything, but they were a lot of fun.

Dumbed down RPGs on the other hand... just sad.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

I STILL play Icewind Dale from time to time thanks to GoG.com. I was just thinking the other day how awesome it would be if someone "remade" the older style RPGs ala Baldurs Gate / IWD / Fallout 1+2 using todays much higher PC hardware specs.

I cannot wait to see how this turns out. The remake of XCOM made my day. This game just made my YEAR.

Glad to see that one of the 'bigger' developers has seen the light.

There are many of us that have been pulling our hair out at the 95% of RPG releases in the last 10 years. Thankyou for going the crowd-sourced route.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how this works. Is the overal goal just to reach 1,100,000 or is the goal to get as much funding as possible? I pledged the standard amount I'd pay for a game since it looks like you'll have no trouble at all hitting the set goal. If the idea is to get as much as possible because it will genuinely help you produce a better game more the way you want to produce it, I will go well out of my way because you guys are my bros.

1.1mil is the point where the game will actually get to be made. Soon I imagine Obsidian will unveil "stretch goals" which means additional features they want to be put in if the funding hits certain milestones over 1.1mil.

So basically, yes, goal is to hit as much funding as possible.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

If the 1.1m figure isn't reached, then Kickstarter/Amazon will not take any cash at all, and they'll have to try again from scratch. If the figure is reached, then the entire total is charged, so the more the better - Amazon then take their cut (5%?) and the developers get the rest. Pledges sometimes get withdrawn or otherwise not paid, but this does not cause a project to "fail" if it's done in the last day or so of the drive.

Stretch goals don't exist as actual things in the Kickstarter system and therefore aren't taken into account in terms of actual funding, they're just promises from the developer for certain milestones hit.

One thing I am curious about is pledging directly via Kickstarter vs Paypal once the funding goal is reached - who takes the bigger cut? I suspect that the latter is actually more money in the bank for the developer once all fees and charges are accounted for. That said though, in marketing terms, having a high number on the former has its own benefits in terms for the snowball effect, seeing the number crystallised right there.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G