[Merged] Please make a console version!

This is one of the few topics where it is borderline impossible to tell the difference between a competent troll and a naive newcomer. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

As Althernai says I'll you the benefit of doubt. A lot of points have been done about interface and complexity, one more important think is how limited on memory are the consoles: yes. The consoles are very limited in memory so you have to simplify a lot of things.

See the interview where Chris Avellone says:

"We couldn’t have made many of the locations in Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment in a current console-gen title without blowing out the memory or making compromises, but in a game like this, we have more freedom to effectively paint a landscape for a player to explore."

see more at: http://techland.time.com/2012/09/21/project-eternity-chris-avellone-interview/#ixzz28AEPNPgi

So the answer is: NO, NO, NO.

• Like 1

I do not understand this attitude!

That is probably because you are a console player and never experienced the year upon year degridation of RPG's from beautiful works of art with great depth and complexity to slightly interactive poorly written novels with shooter/hack and slash elements.

• Like 12

When consoles and PCs had separate games, things were better on both. But now PC games get designed with the console in mind first, and it ends up ruining them for the PC (and at the same time, sort of pushes out traditional console style games)

These type of squad RPGs are very much like RTS in the way they control, which cannot be effectively recreated with a gamepad. Just like in FPS, where with a gamepad you have to introduce auto aim and make enemies slower and easier, it's not just controls you have to port, you have to rebalance the game. The inventory system has to be completely redesigned, as has been seen in Bethesda games or Borderlands where they just lazily ported a terrible interface for inventory from the console version.

Piracy doesn't effect PC sales to any great extent, people who pirate would not buy the game, if piracy stopped tomorrow in Poland, Russia, Brazil, and China there wouldn't be a change in sales. People pirate console games as well, and just because a platform is new doesn't mean they'll buy games, they'll just wait. Publishers are very much concerned with control more than piracy, look at their DRM methods, no single player DRM lasts more than a few weeks, it's more about not being able to play the game you bought the way you want, or controlling which service you have to use.

Lots of people said the Wiimote was as good as a mouse, but it isn't very good at all, it's pretty terrible as a pointing device. The WiiU tablet could be a replacement for a mouse, tablets exist that can replace a mouse, but is the WiiU able to do this? I don't know, it seems to be mostly used for mini-games and other pointless stuff.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot
  • Like 1

Once upon a time consoles cartered good RPGs and tactical combat games. Like Chrono Trigger/Cross, earlier FFs, Shadowrun, Ogre Tactics.

But with "new" consoles those game types vanished or become a joke like new FFS. There are only a handfull of "decent" console RPGs nowadays and nearly all of them are action oriented.

I would like to see someone light that fire again but that shouldnt be Obsidian. Maybe just a huge strech goal like after 4 million dollars.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

If they announce a console version, I withdraw my pledge. If you seriously want RPG's of this type for your console, I suggest petitioning MS and Sony for consoles that can support this game type rather than asking for this game type to be shackled by conforming to console specifications.

• Like 1

Please, no console version. Is not against consoles. I's about development resources.

Anyway, this game will not require a powerful computer to play, this not Crysis or The Witcher 2. So, you can play it in the same computer you are using to post in this forum.

• Like 1

I love to play on consoles than on the PC, but I think there are games that are played exclusively on a particular platform and eteniry Project Eternity is one of those.

In addition, the console port to require major financial resources.

• Like 1

Dea Mortis, iuravi, Carissimam servaturum, Dea Mortis, servabo, ut tempora recte ducam

Steam: Ryuuzaaki | PSN: x_-Ryuzaki-_x | Live: Yorudoragon | Wii: 1179 5373 5105 2010 | BattleTag: Ryuzaki#2821

I say roll with one first...see how well it does and then if its done really and can be "consolized" (Sp?, not sure this word exists but im a ****ing wordsmith) then do it. I dont see why both can't exist. I DO see a valid reason for PC/MAC only for now, but I dont see why it wouldnt be possible for this to be a future endeavor.

Nick B

"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" - Oregon Trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IowVM027p3A

All I have to say about the Eagle Eye is that the Gamestop wired controllers don't work with it.

Edit: there's also the FragFX Shark 360.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

For each console that a developer wants to add support for the cost of production goes up about 100%. So they would need to more than double the expected pledges just to support 1 console. It just is not feasible for mid scale projects with low funding.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

I can't say this strongly enough:

"No."

You know what, if they do, long after the PC version is done and being played, make the console version require people plug a mouse and keyboard into the console to play it so they don't have to change as much, or dumb it down.

Edited by Umberlin
  • Like 2

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I don't want to see a console version of Project Eternity, nor do I think Obsidian is going to suddenly change their minds either. The sacrifices that have to be made in the design of the game are just too drastic, this has been proven time and time again.

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

If it sells a million units at release I could see them releasing it for consoles, but until that happens, I just don't see it. Keep in mind, the game will require a decent computer to run, but they're not claiming it needs to be completely top end. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end a console could run a decent version of it, with enough work. Sure, everyone would complain about the controls, but it's not too bad because there's a pause option. Worst case scenario, you go with a USB mouse and keyboard.

So much extra money is required for liscensing, testing development, etc etc, but that's not the main reason it won't spread to consoles.

The main reason it won't spread to consoles is that it's not a mainstream game, and odds are against there being enough demand for it on consoles. Most of the people who want this have PCs.

If it sells well over a million copies all bets are off, but let's be honest. This is a game whose fans will passionately love it, but those fans will be a minority of gamers.

• Like 1

I still dont see why one can't exist. Maybe not a version of the Project Eternity game but perhaps a console game that is set in the same world. I have games on my PC, I have games on my XBOX360 and PS3, i like playing all of them. I just feel that something along the lines of a console game done by the same team that is set in the same realm, maybe different era's, could be done in the future.

Nick B

I posted this in the other thread about consoles. I dont so much think a console "version" of Project Eternity should be made (Could is out the window, with proper funding ANYTHING can be done). I will say, however, that I dont see why, and this is in the future, AFTER Project Eternity has been released, that a game, done by the team, for consoles, that is set in the same realm, can't be done.

Nick B

I still dont see why one can't exist. Maybe not a version of the Project Eternity game but perhaps a console game that is set in the same world. I have games on my PC, I have games on my XBOX360 and PS3, i like playing all of them. I just feel that something along the lines of a console game done by the same team that is set in the same realm, maybe different era's, could be done in the future.

If they want to make future titles in the series for consoles I have no issues with them doing so. Although, any game available for the PC should be designed for the PC. There are very few bigger budget titles that are designed for PC. Bethesda and Bioware PC games are rather terribly designed compared to older RPGs.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.