Please include women with shirts on.

Very strong, short hair, athletic. Perfect.

I wouldn't mind more large women in games tbh :)

As for athletic you don't want someone like this?

SNN0407A---6201_1560245a.jpg

Olympic heptathlon champ. :)

Now I got all these images in my head of the shot put woman beating the **** out of the heptathlon champ.

Sure, the girl in the image above looks athletic enough, but she would probably still be more of a Dex- based fighter than a Str- based one.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I agree but look at her muscles, abs and shoulders. She's got to have great stamina and strength. Shot putters are geared towards strength. The first lady would be better off with a mace.

I so want to get someone to draw these two having a fight now hahaha.

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly

As for athletic you don't want someone like this?

Olympic heptathlon champ. :)

No. She's not strong enough. Physical strength is vital for survival in a melee combat situation. To compare, this Ennis woman shot 14 meters something. The woman I showed shot 20+ meters (forgot the exact number). That's a huuuge difference.

As a reference, the best male combat sports heavyweight of all time did not exactly look like a Greek god:

Fedor+Emelianenko.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like how the hot-topic of this entire game is whether or not women should be allowed to show off cleavage or not.

Good to see we've got our priorities straight.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

snip

Im pretty sure you would need stamina too, unless you were hoping for a fast kill.

Heavyweight dude isn't bad. He looks like a bloke at least and not an underwear model. I like my man with a bit of tummy. :p

Same for my women ;)

I like how the hot-topic of this entire game is whether or not women should be allowed to show off cleavage or not.

Boobs, they are serious biznizz.

Indeed.

Boobs, they are serious biznizz.

I heard we can find them on the internet for free.

But screw it, let's spend time fighting for our right to have boobs in a game that'll come out months from now. Masturbation can wait, the principle of the matter and my god-given right to ogle female companions cannot!

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

We used to enslave people with dark skin so I hope Obsidian doesn't let you play as a dark skinned character. It simply doesn't make sense.

youseewhatididthere

That's a very good point, thanks for bringing it up.

The question here is if they want to create a deep believable world, or a Biowarian power fantasy for people.

If it is the first, then it is rather questionable if in a given fantasy world with emerging conflicts and no ways of communication dark skinned characters would be trusted and respected by the world around them. If the player character starts as a dark skinned character, an elf, dwarf or similar and isn't in a settlement amongst his people or didn't get there through extreme special circumstances it is very likely a bad plot device.

Looking at the human condition, no matter how some people believe that we are "civilized" or "evolved" there are STILL wars raging on about religion and skin colors in the middle east and throughout Africa. Both racism and the importance of religious beliefs has been decreased the closer cultures on the world got together both in a physical way (with planes and trains) and in communication (speaking a common language or understanding each other through the means of say the Internet or telephones). Just a mere few decades ago there were still full-on holy wars going on against another race, despite them even being human and of the same species. Back in the 1930s there was still large-scale extermination of a certain people and there were wars being fought over ridiculous beliefs even between people whose only difference was the language they spoke and what side of a border they grew up when they were children.

There is no real possible logical explanation for "tolerance" being an accepted feature between races in a non-technological world without planes or the Internet, TV stations and multinational trade going on. In a world where people hit each other in the face with a mace over their different religious beliefs or because they tried stealing a loaf of bread, where we don't have police states and courts to hear people out when they have been wronged but reigning vigilantism, "tolerance" is a ridiculous belief and notion to take into account.

Now if they want to create a Biowarian power fantasy world without any anchor to logic where everyone would be happy coexisting with each other instead of that, yes a black female bisexual elf who lost her leg in the war would be a possibility.

Edited by D3xter
  • Like 1

While I agree with you I don't think anyone should sit down in front of the computer, start a new role playing game, and find out their character can't resemble them. In a game about choice making the character an avatar for the person playing the game is the most important part.

I'd put lady A in some chainmail (she's going to depend on a fast kill and offense) and lady B in plate and leather. (Because she needs to outlast her opponant and survive a hit from that scary shotput mace)

The chainmail is probably going to be heavier than the plate and leather combo, actually. D&D isn't the best soruce for ancient military tech.

I'd put lady A in some chainmail (she's going to depend on a fast kill and offense) and lady B in plate and leather. (Because she needs to outlast her opponant and survive a hit from that scary shotput mace)

The chainmail is probably going to be heavier than the plate and leather combo, actually. D&D isn't the best soruce for ancient military tech.

Yeah I was thinking in dnd terms :) In real life I think chain mail would probably weigh quite a lot.

snip

And why would that stop Obsidian from making a dark skinned character.

You have argued against something that no one was saying in the first place.

It wouldn't, but they would all suffer the consequences in such a case. After all, it is human nature to be disdainful of anything different, even in our current society although we have a school system, people being relatively educated and yet even those with different hobbies or "looking weird" are still considered social outcasts.

In such a world, likely without any educational system since that wouldn't be feasible they would feel increased unity amongst their own people, but everyone else would be wary, dismissive or borderline hateful. The only way for even slight tolerance of a minority in such an environment would be an alliance against an even bigger possible threat or amongst a caste of peaceful warrior monks or similar that transcended the common populace.

A different kind of dialogue tree with different reactions to outsiders similar to the "stupid" reactions for Fallout characters below 3 Intelligence would be appropriate:

I thought this thread was all about realism, do you really want that to only apply in certain cases that fit your beliefs, do you maybe not care about "realism" at all?

I'd like to remind everyone that the purpose of this forum is to provide suggestions or feedback for a game. As far as I'm aware, that includes unpopular ideas. That said, be considerate of how you argue for your idea. And that your argument may be insulting to other people on this forum. If in doubt, share your idea and move on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think people forget that sexual dimorphism is exaggerated due to culture. In most societies, men and women are not raised in the exact same environments. They do not have the same diets, they don't play the same kinds of games, they don't go into the same sports, they don't perform the same kind or amount of physical activities/exercises, they don't do the same jobs, etc. Even when you look at athletes, who may go through similar training regimes, you have to consider the differences in how they were raised from birth to the point when they got into their sport.

In fictional culture in which there is less difference in how men and women are raised, it is entirely possible that there would be far less difference between the sexes.

Edited by Giantevilhead