Please include women with shirts on.

"Nope, I just have a different opinion than you, and I'm voicing my suggestions for the game. "

Sure. Suggest away but be prepared to be ridiculed, laughed, mocked, and smited for it. Such hateful bigotry deserves to be looked down upon.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Like the previous guy said well, it's just unrealistic to have women running around in full plate armor and fighting against men toe to toe, why bring realism into this?

Just leave women with the bikini armors, what's the big deal? they like to show off their features, and I, like any male, like to look at them.

So women are weak and incapable of accomplishing anything other than being your personal eye candy?

Like the previous guy said well, it's just unrealistic to have women running around in full plate armor and fighting against men toe to toe, why bring realism into this?

Just leave women with the bikini armors, what's the big deal? they like to show off their features, and I, like any male, like to look at them.

Considering Josh Sawyers post at the start of this thread, the chances that they listen to you is probably zero. *SAD FACE*

Is it only me who thinks that women look pretty god damn epic in full plate mail?

tumblr_m2is5astbS1rty7tao1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2isn4uH1f1rty7tao1_500.jpg

Yeeeeeah. I mean come on guys, that's attractive don't tell porkies now.

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly

Don't listen to him. His username says it all. I'm all for wmoen warriors wearing chain bikinis (and I don't care if male warriors wear Conan type rags to show off their bodies either); but this is guy a goofball. L0L There have been examples of strong women in leadership roles in real life. *shrug* My aunt would kick his butt (not in a fight) but she is a strong leader who likes to boss people around and is good at it. L0L <>

So women are weak and incapable of accomplishing anything other than being your personal eye candy?

Well they sure can accomplish stuff, but it won't ever be in the heights of things men have accomplished

Main female character just doesn't make much sense IMO.In games, movies and in history of the real world, I mean you can probably count with your fingers the amount of important females in our history.

So my suggestion is making the main story locked in on a male possibility only...at least for some classes, like warrior, paladin...

Please tell me how it effects you if there is a choice to be male or female.

Just not choose the female character?

I know I'm a freaking genius right :p *Jazz hands*

(Aside from the fact that the idea of Obsidan not having that choice is ludicrous)

Don't question him. He has a master's degree in women's studies specializing in fantasy genre's. He is totally right, women in fantasy worlds are always subjugated and never take leadership positions. Look at the Wheel of Time series, no powerful character in that series is a woman.

Thank you internet for sending us Nigro, your prophet, to let us know what the average diffident white nerdy 15-25 male thinks about women. I think we should definitely cater to this crowd.

• Like 1

Considering Josh Sawyers post at the start of this thread, the chances that they listen to you is probably zero. *SAD FACE*

Is it only me who thinks that women look pretty god damn epic in full plate mail?

tumblr_m2isn4uH1f1rty7tao1_500.jpg

Yeeeeeah.

Oh definitely! Here's a character I designed (my friend did the actual painting):

aliyacolors.jpg

Ok, sorry for having different opinions than you guys.I wont talk more about this subject

Yes, lets make this an issue of you having DIFFERENT opinions. It has nothing to do with the fact that you have objectively bad and sexist opinions, its because we disagreed with you.

Edited by Eonwe

Except.. not wearing a helmet is as bad as wearing a chainmail bikini.

Also, both those women depicted are way too skinny to be able to be strong enough to carry plate armour and swing a sword effectively. Not to mention hold a lance steady on horseback!

Long hair in combat? That's a definite nono.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Look at the Wheel of Time series, no powerful character in that series is a woman.

I'd really rather that not be the standard we hold female characters to.

Moonlight Butterfly: See, you get it. Those are beautiful women wearing practical armor. No reason we can't have our cake and eat it too. (Again, I must point out I'm not against titillation or even bikini armor per se. I just want it kept in its place)

We used to enslave people with dark skin so I hope Obsidian doesn't let you play as a dark skinned character. It simply doesn't make sense.

youseewhatididthere

I agree. We certainly can't allow Obsidian to do anything that would defile our precious eurocentric fantasy genre. Women should be demure and the only people that can wear heavy armor are players who choose to be nobles. Otherwise you have to play a farming sim the entire game before bandits murder you.

Look at the Wheel of Time series, no powerful character in that series is a woman.

I'd really rather that not be the standard we hold female characters to.

Moonlight Butterfly: See, you get it. Those are beautiful women wearing practical armor. No reason we can't have our cake and eat it too. (Again, I must point out I'm not against titillation or even bikini armor per se. I just want it kept in its place)

I didn't say that they should be like Wheel of Time characters, just pointing out that there are tons of examples of women in fantasy genres who are powerful.

Edited by Eonwe

Trolololo!

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Also, both those women depicted are way too skinny to be able to be strong enough to carry plate armour and swing a sword effectively. Not to mention hold a lance steady on horseback!

OMG THEY TOOK THEIR HELMET OFF FOR THE PICTURE CLEARLY :biggrin:

you are so picky :p

Boobplate is a bad idea with armour too btw you would easily get stabbed as the blade would redirect to the centre of your chest

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. But I'm sure you can wear helmets in game. They're just posing or something.

Yeah short hair is objectively better than long hair for combat. But it can say something about the character. Perhaps they aren't really professional soldiers, or they are and they maintain it out of vanity?

Otherwise you have to play a farming sim the entire game before bandits murder you.

That's only if you're really good at the game. Most players will die of starvation or dysentery first.

I don't know what more needs to be said here. Black Isle/Obsidian's track record for rich and compelling female characters is very good, and it is very likely that the women in Project Eternity will wear clothes.

Actually, given the state of the games industry right now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if feminism was one of the topics that they intend to tackle in, brace yourselves, a mature and intelligent way.

Isn't that awesome?

• Like 1

And also one of the most historically valid things. There is a reason after all while, aside from a few HIGHLY unrepresentative examples, the vast majority of all armies were and are made up of men.

CAN a woman POSSIBLY defeat a trained man in armored combat? Sure. But it's pretty damn unlikely.

Yes, so unlikely :rolleyes:

You can't send EVERY able body off to fight a war. The Onna Bushi were literally trained to protect the homestead while the husband was off at war.

There's a ton of other socilogical and logistical reasons why women aren't typically involved in direct war. Nevermind that there were leaders that were as incorrect in their assumptions as you are.

To simply state that it's pretty damn unlikely for a woman to beat a man in armored combat is just incorrect.

Nevermind that, when discussing a roleplaying game, rarely are we talking about the typical but rather the exceptional.

"to let us know what the average diffident white nerdy 15-25 male thinks about women. "

Wow. You are getting to be as sexist and racist as him. And, oh, I'm not a 15-25 year old nerdy male. I'm a 35 year year old lazy punk.

Female in pic on top. She would be capable in striaght up physical combat. But,a sword fight? I think she would be awful at it. She doesn't really seem super athletic. Just big and muscular. Sword fighting is more than being big. Heck, the most famous fantasy sword swingers tend to be pained as way more fit than that and for good reason.

P.S. Now.. we are getting some pics of actual athletic women who could kick but in sword fighting.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

And also one of the most historically valid things. There is a reason after all while, aside from a few HIGHLY unrepresentative examples, the vast majority of all armies were and are made up of men.

CAN a woman POSSIBLY defeat a trained man in armored combat? Sure. But it's pretty damn unlikely.

Yes, so unlikely :rolleyes:

You can't send EVERY able body off to fight a war. The Onna Bushi were literally trained to protect the homestead while the husband was off at war.

There's a ton of other socilogical and logistical reasons why women aren't typically involved in direct war. Nevermind that there were leaders that were as incorrect in their assumptions as you are.

To simply state that it's pretty damn unlikely for a woman to beat a man in armored combat is just incorrect.

Nevermind that, when discussing a roleplaying game, rarely are we talking about the typical but rather the exceptional.

If I was the chosen one, I would make damn sure to beat the badguy despite my evil ovaries. Becuase I'm contrary like that.