Please include women with shirts on.

Stop the presses, we have breaking news: I agree with Volourn.

Why not simply have a mixed of both 'sexy' and 'unsexy' armour based on the race, culture, and technical ability of the being crafting/wearing said armour and clothes. Realisticly, just like in real life, people are varied and their tastes are varied so some women (and men) like to dress as sexy as possible no matter the situation, others are prudes no matter what, and other are in the middle and dress to suit the situation and their needs.

I am totally ok with that.

sorry its getting late here so I guess you have to take this one:

Boobplates can break a woman's sternum.

Again if you want to go with realism. A male knight in plate armor will destroy the female one because the plate mail is damn heavy and for a woman a huge disadvantage.

If I wanted to go with realism, I'd deny the concept of plate armor itself. Armor was already being downsized for mobility due to the invention of the crossbow. I do think that the boobplate is retarded and awkward, but its still better than the chainmail bikini.

http://madartlab.com...-and-lady-bits/

This entry has a few good examples of female armor, the best not requiring boobplates or chainmail bikinis. It also has a terrific suggestion to shift the focus from the torso to the face, which is what happened in IE games.

Edited by Delterius

You know what they SHOULD do?

Just as a joke and an easter egg, DO include a chainmail bikini and DO make it incredibly sexy.

But also give it horrible stats so that the woman who wear it gets her head chopped off the moment she's in battle. Just as a sort of "you see this is why this needs to stop" statement to today's media outlook on female armor.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Again if you want to go with realism. A male knight in plate armor will destroy the female one because the plate mail is damn heavy and for a woman a huge disadvantage.

If I wanted to go with realism, I'd deny the concept of plate armor itself. Armor was already being downsized for mobility due to the invention of the crossbow. I do think that the boobplate is retarded and awkward, but its still better than the chainmail bikini.

This entry has a few good examples of female armor, the best not requiring boobplates or chainmail bikinis. It also has a terrific suggestion to shift the focus from the torso to the face, which is what happened in IE games.

ok why is this even absurd for a mage character or better a succubus?

Screen-shot-2010-07-05-at-11.11.08-PM.png

Is it way to overdone.. Yeah of course because its asian. but again a Succubus or even nymph could totally look like that. Even some crazy dark demonic magic mage who is not fighting on the frontlines would be totally fine.

edit: Of course this does not offer any defense one full hit and you are dead but maybe has some magic bonus attributs or stats.

Edited by Darji

Yes, that's pretty much it. We don't need to go Taliban on this, just avoid the silly metal-underwear-for-armor or weird "sexy" things similar to that. I have nothing against armour being "womanly" (though I find boobplates to look silly half of the time) and distinctive from male armour.

Is it way to overdone.. Yeah of course because its asian. but again a Succubus or even nymph could totally look like that. Even some crazy dark demonic magic mage who is not fighting on the frontlines would be totally fine.

edit: Of course this does not offer any defense one full hit and you are dead but maybe has some magic bonus attributs or stats.

That's would awful for a "normal" woman as you seem to agree, but I would contend a succubus would go for sexy, not "naked ****". You can be sexy without revealing half that amount of flesh, not to mention as a demon you'll most probably be looking NOT to attract SO MUCH attention as walking naked would. It's just silly.

Edited by Tychoxi

Yes, that's pretty much it. We don't need to go Taliban on this, just avoid the silly metal-underwear-for-armor or weird "sexy" things similar to that. I have nothing against armour being "womanly" (though I find boobplates to be silly half of the time) and distinctive from male armour.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to make it distinctly more female without going for boobplates. As long as it isn't painting them pink.

Totally wrong: just a small example and I can show you dozens more.

1772990-witcher2_2011_04_13_01_18_37_19.jpg

1. That's not a real life example.

2. That's not armor anyway. She's wearing clothes.

Show me please magic in real life. WE are still talking about fantasy and not real life. Again if we want to make it real I want my being female will give you a strength and constitution penalty.

Its her fighting gear. That is the stuff she wears when going in to battles because she is a mage....

I understand what you're saying here, but the one place where realism should yield to utility is player choice and fun. We also have a save function so we don't have to replay the whole game from the beginning when we die. While it would be realistic for female characters to start with a strength penalty before assigning stats, it discourages female characters from taking "tank" classes. Which again, might be realistic, but limits a player's choices.

EDIT: You're missing the point. There are women in armor in real life. And it renders them asexual outside of the face. And we were talking about armor, not clothes. That character isn't in armor. That's a perfectly acceptable outfit for her activities.

Edited by The Sharmat

That's not even armor.

If you want to talk about practicality and realism, there shouldn't be any women warriors period. A woman running around in plate mail, swinging a sword, and killing male fighters in fair fights is fantasy to begin with. How revealing her armor may or may not be does not really add to or detract from the "realism" of this already fairy tale premise.

If you want to talk about practicality and realism, there shouldn't be any women warriors period. A woman running around in plate mail, swinging a sword, and killing male fighters in fair fights is fantasy to begin with. How revealing her armor may or may not be does not really add to or detract from the "realism" of this already fairy tale premise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahomey_Amazons

That's not even armor.

No its a mage outfit. Not armor...

Here this is leather armor: Armor for both male and female fighters. Armor that suit their look and also let them move fast.

Ves_-_Screen_02.png

Will it kill them in real life? Yes sure but a plate mail does not do much either as well. One hard sweep and you are dead anyways and it does not even matter what you are wearing if they land a good hit you are dead. You do not have hit points in real life.

Edited by Darji

http://en.wikipedia....Dahomey_Amazons

How does that contradict anything I've said? Even in the link you've provided, they're wearing regular clothes and carrying muskets. Neither of which requires any kind of physical strength. Show me any period in history where a female regiment wore heavy armor and successfully fought men in hand to hand combat.

• Like 1

Note that I did not say that that Witcher 2 picture was a bad example, but rather that the 'issue' of 'turning people into asexuals' is only really present in plate armor.

So yeah, I don't really care about clothes and mage robes (as long as the design isn't really stupid, but that's another story).

How does that contradict anything I've said? Even in the link you've provided, they're wearing regular clothes and carrying muskets. Neither of which requires any kind of physical strength. Show me any period in history where a female regiment wore heavy armor and successfully fought men in hand to hand combat.

Just so you know: armor became progressively pointless since the invention of the crossbow and melee combat was still very important all the way up to the world wars. This is why muskets effectively doubled as a lance for a long time.

So that all female army? They defeated a technically superior european force.

Edited by Delterius

Also another thing. Who do you think was wearing stuff like plate mails? Common soldats who fought on the frontlines? Oh you better think again.

If you wore a plate mail you were some king on the battlefield or some really highly ranked soldat. If you have fought on the frontlines you wore very light armor that gives some sort of protection but were you also could move.

Edited by Darji

Why do you keep linking that? Do you think it proves anything? That because some Amazon tribe had female fighters 200 years ago, that women are equal to men on a battlefield?

I'm sorry, it only makes you look ridiculous. There is a reason why men and women are not competing against each other in sports (sports is the battlefield of our time). And if there are guns in the game (guns are the only tools that somewhat equalizes men and women in battle), then I don't know why we're even discussing armour at all since it would be useless.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why do you keep linking that? Do you think it proves anything? That because some Amazon tribe had female fighters 200 years ago, that women are equal to men on a battlefield?

I'm sorry, it only makes you look ridiculous. There is a reason why men and women are not competing against each other in sports (sports is the battlefield of our time). And if there are guns in the game (guns are the only tools that somewhat equalizes men and women in battle), then I don't know why we're even discussing armour at all since it would be useless.

Woah bro. Don't want to let facts get in the way of PC bs.

Don't you know all people are equal in everything?

Woman are just as strong as men!! (lolololol) Grrrl power!

People who are 5'0" are just as good at basketball as people who are 7'0", saying that's not true is just MALE RACISM

Well nudity and immersion can be liked. One example is indigo prophecy/fareinheit where the main female character has a scene that starts with her in the shower. The American release had her in a bra and panties while she was under the water. That'll toss you out of the entire thing lickety split.

I don't enjoy nudity for the sake of watching a pair of jubblies hang out of a top. It's the same reason people were forced to remember that they were in a game in fallout three where the protitute in megaton takes your money, leads you to a bed, and promptly falls asleep. I'd have preferred a blank screen with the gigantic words "you had sex" rather than what we got.

I mean look at the witcher 2, the nudity there made sense in the context of where you found it and wasn't just there for titillation (ok a few of the encounters between tries and Geralt were entirely gratuitous but they had an established relationship so it wasn't that odd for them to get it on)

This is true. I actually imported Fahrenheit as well. And what FO3 was epically lame as well. Have yet to play TW2 since TW1 just didn't grab me.

It happened in real life though. It just wasn't the norm, and varied with culture. A woman can murder a man. The average man is stronger than the average woman, yes, but an average woman is still lethal, and a very above average woman vs. an average man could end very badly for the male.

Note that I did not say that that Witcher 2 picture was a bad example, but rather that the 'issue' of 'turning people into asexuals' is only really present in plate armor.

So yeah, I don't really care about clothes and mage robes (as long as the design isn't really stupid, but that's another story).

Just so you know: armor became progressively pointless since the invention of the crossbow and melee combat was still very important all the way up to the world wars. This is why muskets effectively doubled as a lance for a long time.

So that all female army? They defeated a technically superior european force.

Just so you know, there is a reason why even in the 21st centrury, a time when physical strength is less important in combat than it has ever been the overwhelming majority of the world's militaries do not allow women in combat units. That reason is that men are far superior physically. That difference is only exacerbated in hand to hand combat. The idea of a woman being able to defeat a trained male fighter in sword combat wearing heavy armor is fantasy, period. Whether she's wearing full plate or a string bikini doesn't make it any more or less realistic.

Whatever your reasons for not wanting to see chainmail bikinis may be, realism has nothing to do with it.

Well nudity and immersion can be liked. One example is indigo prophecy/fareinheit where the main female character has a scene that starts with her in the shower. The American release had her in a bra and panties while she was under the water. That'll toss you out of the entire thing lickety split.

I don't enjoy nudity for the sake of watching a pair of jubblies hang out of a top. It's the same reason people were forced to remember that they were in a game in fallout three where the protitute in megaton takes your money, leads you to a bed, and promptly falls asleep. I'd have preferred a blank screen with the gigantic words "you had sex" rather than what we got.

I mean look at the witcher 2, the nudity there made sense in the context of where you found it and wasn't just there for titillation (ok a few of the encounters between tries and Geralt were entirely gratuitous but they had an established relationship so it wasn't that odd for them to get it on)

This is true. I actually imported Fahrenheit as well. And what FO3 was epically lame as well. Have yet to play TW2 since TW1 just didn't grab me.

You really should play the Witcher 2. Yes Witcher 1 was also great but it was also very slow paced and the beginning was really bad. In Witcher 2 it is great from the beginning.

It happened in real life though. It just wasn't the norm, and varied with culture. A woman can murder a man. The average man is stronger than the average woman, yes, but an average woman is still lethal, and a very above average woman vs. an average man could end very badly for the male.

Yes of course can a woman kill a man. But not if both are wearing heavy plate armor that was really really heavy especially for woman and which gave them a huge disadvantage.