Please include women with shirts on.

I see no problem if, say a female thief, would have a bit more revealing outfit, as she would naturally want to draw attention away from her pickpocketing hands.

If her goal is to distract men while she robs them blind, she wouldn't be wearing armour at all.

Many woman actually playing heir cards like that. Even if they are not aware of that. And its not a bad thing or a think they should ashamed of. Its the nature. Animals do the exact same.

I don't understand what you're talking about... If you would walk around with revealing clothes, you would have everyone's eyes on you. It's impossible to commit any crime if you're being watched by everybody.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I see no problem if, say a female thief, would have a bit more revealing outfit, as she would naturally want to draw attention away from her pickpocketing hands.

If her goal is to distract men while she robs them blind, she wouldn't be wearing armour at all.

Well, that isn't the most stealthy way to pickpocket guys in the streets... What I mean is that there would be a balance there, something "hiding" enough that one could easily walk unnoticed in the street, but all the while revealing enough to draw attention away from the thieving hands.

It seems like a weird strategy to me, but then I'm not a thief and couldn't tell you what a good thieving strategy is so... *shrugs*

But now you've reminded me of Isabela in Dragon Age 2. Which is kind of my one exception to the no-skimpy-armour rule, because damn. For all the game's flaws, the characters were wonderful, including Isabela. So really, I do understand that there can be exceptions to the rule, but you need to make me love the character for it before I'll accept it. But then, regardless of eye candy, Bioware knows how to write good female characters imho.

The charcter I roleplay as.

The underpants gnome. But still brothels and protitutes with bikinis are immersion breaking

Ah yes, the nebulous immersion.

The reason why nudity is "meh" for me is that rarely I do I find it actually adds anything to my game experience. Prostitutes don't walk just walk around naked, so seeing them not naked seems perfectly fine.

I think excessive blood/gore is also distracting, but if a game involves combat and I am hitting them with a sharp swing on an object, having blood makes more sense than not having blood.

Hah. Now I want the game to have one and only one brothel, and set it in an area so cold that everyone is waiting around in heavy coats all the time.

jcod0.png

I don't understand what you're talking about... If you would walk around with revealing clothes, you would have everyone's eyes on you. It's impossible to commit any crime if you're being watched by everybody.

Imagine you are in a bar. A sexy woman in revealing clothes is flirting with you. Animates you to drink, is touching you all over. You will never know what has hit you^^

Imagine you are in a bar. A sexy woman in revealing clothes is flirting with you. Animates you to drink, is touching you all over. You will never know what has hit you^^

Well, that sort of thing works a lot better if you have two people. One to distract, and one utterly unremarkable-looking person to steal while they are distracted. Sleight of hand is a lot harder when everyone's eyes are on you.

jcod0.png

People need to remember that its a game that is supposed to be a fantasy. Having women in sexy revealing clothing is part of a lot of strait guys fantasy, and the majority of players will be strait guys. It should cater to different people, but not at excluding stuff other people like. I do agree that in COMBAT situations, yea, armour makes sense, but if the armour turns women into asexual beings that you cannnot tell if its a woman or a man, its just ugly to me. Again, allow people to customize their characters how they like.

Edited by Badmojo

I think having a good range is important. If male plate armor for heavy fighters looks like Maximilian plate out of the Holy Roman Empire and the female equivalent looks like a bikini, that's some serious male gazin'.

Okay, fine. If one must trade in bodybuilders in jock straps (only) for women in bikini tops and thongs, you can have it.

Of course, to prevent myself from being forced to stare at a muscular male butt for hours on end, I will simply play a female.

In all seriousness, I do not object to objectification as long as it is done tastefully either. Going all out on fanservice like Queen's Blade is stupid, but a world where everyone looks ordinary, out-of-shape, and fully clothed is boring too. I play fantasy games because they're fantastical, and I like seeing physically idealistic characters, especially when their character development is well fleshed out as well.

You mean I'll actually have to turn off the game and go on the internet to find images of sexy women to fantasize to? I hate you all!

What a horrible suggestion, imposing this inconvenience on me in the name of "realism" and "sexual equality...." The chainmail bikinis are strategic, obviously. They give her a +50% distraction bonus that increases her evasion drastically.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

People need to remember that its a game that is supposed to be a fantasy. Having women in sexy revealing clothing is part of a lot of strait guys fantasy, and the majority of players will be strait guys. It should cater to different people, but not at excluding stuff other people like. I do agree that in COMBAT situations, yea, armour makes sense, but if the armour turns women into asexual beings that you cannnot tell if its a woman or a man, its just ugly to me. Again, allow people to customize their characters how they like.

A.) You're conflating "fantasy" meaning a genre incorporating counterfactual and supernatural setting elements with "fantasy" meaning a psychological pleasure-space. They aren't the same thing, nor are they mutually inclusive.

B.) I don't see any reason why a game conforming to the first definition of fantasy - magic, adventure, danger - needs to also conform to the second. Even if that were the case, why should we stop with what a simple majority of the audience would like to see in the game? Surely it would be fairer if we catered to every player's fetishes, wouldn't it? In that case, I think it's only fair that the male characters be permitted to walk around dressed as Chippendale's dancers.

C.) Nobody's talking about requiring fighting women to look like bricks with arms; all we're saying is that having combat armor that doesn't actually cover your entire stomach is moronic unless it also has a lesser coverage/defense score than something that would actually function as armor, and that the latter option needs to be more common and more useful - high-level armors can't all have boob windows. Realism to the extent that it's aesthetically unpleasing is nearly as bad as fetishism to the point of ridiculousness, but that doesn't mean the latter isn't still bad.

Edited by LadySpace
  • Like 2

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

Armor isn't supposed to be a seducing device. If a woman soldier must be ugly to you so you don't kill her, then power to her because she'll be alive and you'll be dead. Chainmail bikini is retarded, and its a fantasy unworthy of existing outside of low art. Boobplates are also stupid, with the woman who wears it risking nothing other than her sternum.

If men need to err fulfill their fantasies so much, and I actually believe that's merely a stereotype these days, that's what google images is for. Deviantartists are there to undress the RPG characters.

Edited by Delterius
  • Like 1

but if the armour turns women into asexual beings that you cannnot tell if its a woman or a man, its just ugly to me.

But that's what armor does to women. Look up modern female soldiers on google. CEREMONIAL armor is a whole other matter though. Hell, I've seen dresses forged out of metal.

totally wrong: just a small example and I can show you dozens more.

1772990-witcher2_2011_04_13_01_18_37_19.jpg

Edited by Darji

People need to remember that its a game that is supposed to be a fantasy. Having women in sexy revealing clothing is part of a lot of strait guys fantasy

I think you're mixing up two different types of fantasy there.

I'm not even going to touch the rest of that sentence.

but if the armour turns women into asexual beings that you cannnot tell if its a woman or a man, its just ugly to me.

But that's what armor does to women. Look up modern female soldiers on google. CEREMONIAL armor is a whole other matter though. Hell, I've seen dresses forged out of metal.

Worst platemail I've ever seen.

So realism is important, huh?

I hope you do realize how a woman has to look, physically, to be able to fight amongst men. We're not talking slim bodies here, we're talking Bulgarian shotputters. There can be no petite little 100 lbs women, they have to be stout 200+ lbs packages.

I am sure this will be a very.. aesthetically pleasing game if realism in combat will be the leading design motto.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I hope you do realize how a woman has to look, physically, to be able to fight amongst men. We're not talking slim bodies here, we're talking Bulgarian shotputters. There can be no petite little 100 lbs women, they have to be stout 200+ lbs packages.

Ok well they can be 100 lbs. and their boobs can be the other 200 lbs.

Problem solved.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I am sure this will be a very.. aesthetically pleasing game if realism in combat will be the leading design motto.

http://en.wikipedia....Dahomey_Amazons

Wikipedia isn't that unreliable, people.

Edited by Delterius

Keep in mind that with the Infinity engine the visible armor on your character is probably going to be small enough that you won't be able to see if your female mage has her boobs hanging out or not. I'd like to see design elements along the lines of visible cloaks and hoods (and not just for mages). I kind of liked the customizable colors the way they were done in BG, I'd just like a wider selection of colors. But don't get too caught up on your avatar's looks, they're probably going to be pretty tiny.

I liked a lot of the armor on the female Monk in Diablo III though, and perhaps we'll get a Zoom option so we can see the Tiny People close up. Maybe it'll even Zoom for conversations.

Edited by PsychoBlonde

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Worst platemail I've ever seen.

sorry its getting late here so I guess you have to take this one:

female_warrior_by_kaitsurinn-d38clbv.jpg

But if you really want realism than you also have to give woman a penalty in constitution and strength . Because that is how it is in real life. In real life normally you would never let a woman be a "tank" since they are much weaker than male "tanks". And no that is not sexist that these are facts. That is also why in men and woman don't compete against each other in sport events on the world class level. That is how the evolution has build us that is why woman actually get the children and we do not. We should except that men and woman never can be fully equal. Yes we can be equal in society and standings. But we will never be equal in physical aspects.

And for you wikki:

Worst plate mails have ever seen. these woman also do not wear plate mails because they are way to heavy for women in general.

Edited by Darji

Why not simply have a mixed of both 'sexy' and 'unsexy' armour based on the race, culture, and technical ability of the being crafting/wearing said armour and clothes. Realisticly, just like in real life, people are varied and their tastes are varied so some women (and men) like to dress as sexy as possible no matter the situation, others are prudes no matter what, and other are in the middle and dress to suit the situation and their needs.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

sorry its getting late here so I guess you have to take this one:

Boobplates can break a woman's sternum.

Again if you want to go with realism. A male knight in plate armor will destroy the female one because the plate mail is damn heavy and for a woman a huge disadvantage.

Stop the presses, we have breaking news: I agree with Volourn.

Why not simply have a mixed of both 'sexy' and 'unsexy' armour based on the race, culture, and technical ability of the being crafting/wearing said armour and clothes. Realisticly, just like in real life, people are varied and their tastes are varied so some women (and men) like to dress as sexy as possible no matter the situation, others are prudes no matter what, and other are in the middle and dress to suit the situation and their needs.

• Like 1

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.