(3) The book unread is unwritten.

I'm perfectly fine with Obsidian doing a fantasy game, particularly if they are creating their own IP. I have no doubt they would make it a very cool world. They've also been away from fantasy for awhile, so it makes sense after doing a modern spy game, a post-apoc. game, and a, uh, whatever category South Park is in game.

Yes, I did ignore DS3 on purpose.

It seems like each letter of first hidden line in source will be revealed every day. Yesterday it was:

<!--. X . X X . X X -->

Today:

<!--. X . X X . T X -->

Well, there doesn't seem to be anything to differentiate here, so my guess is that X = consonant, and . = vowel. So we'd have an eight letter word, running v-c-v-c-c-v-T-c. My guess is the final combo is one of a limited number of options - most likely H, S, or another T.

Of course, that's just speculation, and not much use at this point.

Could it be E T E R N I T Y? That relates to the ouroboros symbol.

• Like 1

I'm perfectly fine with Obsidian doing a fantasy game, particularly if they are creating their own IP. I have no doubt they would make it a very cool world. They've also been away from fantasy for awhile, so it makes sense after doing a modern spy game, a post-apoc. game, and a, uh, whatever category South Park is in game.

Haha, I was about to say...

DS3 is probably the only Obsidian game I own that I will never finish. Well unless I let my KotOR II playthrough sit on my backlog like I currently am...

Haha, I was about to say...

DS3 is probably the only Obsidian game I own that I will never finish. Well unless I let my KotOR II playthrough sit on my backlog like I currently am...

One of these days I'll get around to finishing up Dungeon Siege 3. I think I got stuck on the last boss fight. I will get that "Complete game on hardest difficulty" achievement...

Go to <nowhere> to see what I speculate is Project X and there you can comment, tell us what you think, and speculate some yourself! Thanks:)

Thanks to yourself for your multithread advertising project, and welcome to my ignore list.

Edited by Gorth
Link removed

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Alrighty fine sorry won't do it again! Didn't know I couldn't advertise my own article on a public forum lol but now I do and I won't do it again. So in case you weren't able to read my article, I personally think it's Dragon Age 3 simply because of the dragon (obvious), the name "Eir Glanfath" sounds very Dragon Age-like, Dragon Age 2 was met with very mixed feelings and maybe Bioware is willing to hand it off to Obsidian like they've done before, and the most important reason: the subtle hint of "Digging for truth buries the seeker." Which sounds a whole lot like a reference to the seeker from Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age 3 which we already know is in development.

Go to <nowhere> to see what I speculate is Project X and there you can comment, tell us what you think, and speculate some yourself! Thanks:)

Thanks to yourself for your multithread advertising project, and welcome to my ignore list.

Eh it's not been completely fully announced yet. Only that it's in development. By who? Could be Bioware, could be Obsidian given their relationship in the past and maybe Bioware's mistakes with DA2, they may want someone else to give it a try while they work on whatever their next big project will be.

But we already know Bioware is working on DA3...

Edited by perezca

Eh it's not been completely fully announced yet. Only that it's in development

In development by Bioware :3

EDIT: Why would a Bioware employee anounce the game if they're not working on it? EA would just do it themselves.

Edited by Emitan

Lol well if you're right and it's not DA3, then my second guess would be Jade Empire 2 or a completely new IP.

Update: Oh and if EA ever made Dragon Age, you can count me out of ever playing it lol.

Eh it's not been completely fully announced yet. Only that it's in development

In development by Bioware :3

EDIT: Why would a Bioware employee anounce the game if they're not working on it? EA would just do it themselves.

Edited by perezca

It's interesting how men don't mind playing female characters in games, but women more generally stick to female characters.

Probably because the vast majority of game characters are male. The fact that can you usually create your own character in RPGs is one of the reasons why I love them.

Pretty much this, most of the time. If the chr. with the skills I want to use is male. I won't bypass a male chr. to pick a female chr. just because it's a she. That said, most cRPG's these days let you M or F avatar, and in that case, I do tend to pick female. Not always, but much of the time. This is largely because I find them more pleasing to play dress-up with, even if they only have options for the stereotypical skimpy outfits. Most fantasy-rpg male avatars (and their over done, silly armor costumes) I find ... not so pleasing.

I enjoyed DS3 for the type of game it was (light fantasy action romp), but it isn't on my list of games that I'm going to replay over and over.

Would certainly fit.

For some reason I'm starting to kinda lean towards the WoT theory, considering they were supposed to be a part of doing that, right? 2010 announcement? But I'm not in the know these days...perhaps there was news at some point that said it wasn't going to happen any time soon. Note I'm not familiar with the Wheel of Time novels, plot or world, but perhaps it could be a game based on that world, only that doesn't use much that's directly from the actual novels, if that makes sense.

Which might be fine with me, since it would seem "new" to me as I'm unfamiliar with WoT to begin with. But as I've said repeatedly today, I'd still prefer a new IP.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It seems like each letter of first hidden line in source will be revealed every day. Yesterday it was:

<!--. X . X X . X X -->

Today:

<!--. X . X X . T X -->

Well, there doesn't seem to be anything to differentiate here, so my guess is that X = consonant, and . = vowel. So we'd have an eight letter word, running v-c-v-c-c-v-T-c. My guess is the final combo is one of a limited number of options - most likely H, S, or another T.

Of course, that's just speculation, and not much use at this point.

IDtenT from the Codex figured out something different:

Every X means a letter, and that letter means a number which is based upon their place in the alphabet.

X.XX.TX is X.XX.20X. An examplet B.AA.TM = 2/11/2013

So the Xs mean a release date.

J_C from Codexia

Digging for truth buries the seeker.

I think there is great wisdom in this bit here. As for the rest....I don't see much there. It's like saying that we haven't heard what hasn't been said which is not a great deal of help. All I can deduce from there is that Obsidian may be working on a prequel book to whatever RPG they are about to announce....this has become a more and more popular practice over the years.

1zq6793.jpg