(4) What do the words mean?

The Nasal epic, however, is still unwritten, and waiting brave discovery.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Icewind Plane: Dale of torment. With 5 hours of random sneezing sounds for unparalleled nasal action soundscape complete with industry standard eerie howling winds.

When you get to a tavern you can drink your *warm ale +2,5* you will cease to cough and you will be able to choose other dialogue options aside from the usual:

1. (cough)

2. *COUGH*

3. [sneeze]

4. \cataclysmic outburst of unnatural fluids/

So it becomes a less-than-sober journey trough the numerous taverns of the Dale of Nasal Winds and you will finish the game by drudging trough the massive amounts of

dialogue, which will unravel itself only when you are able to get your hands on a warm ale and push the hectic coughing and sneezing aside for a fleeting moment.

It can also be known as: Icewind Flu: Cough it up. This also explains why the central character is known as the nameless one. He has forgotten his name due to excessive amounts

of cough medicine also known as *warm ale* / *spirits of the yesteryear* / *whiskey in a jar* / *Irenicus' flu-repellant* / *infernal herb-juice* / *wine-kept-in-a-room-temperature*

The game comes to a close when the character utters his last wish: "i don't ever want to be cold again" - and he is turned into a Smoldering Corpse.

A viking RPG would be great too. Probably better than that Banner Saga KS project. :D

What is with people and vikings? Didn't you get enough of that **** with Skyrim?

I dislike first person RPGs. The only Elder Scrolls game i played was Daggerfall and its was horrible. I will never play another, even if someone pays me to play it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The oracle of Google mentions not the wheel of time, when these statements are put to it.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Some google searches on Watcher and Eternity point to Highlander. O_o

...which happens to be Scottish, which matches the whole "plaid" thing (Scottish) in that comment that was posted earlier (twitter, was it?).

Edited by protocol

I dislike first person RPGs.

You should play Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines if you haven't already. Could change your mind on that stance.

No. It never appealed to me so i see no reason to try playing it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I dislike first person RPGs.

You should play Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines if you haven't already. Could change your mind on that stance.

No. It never appealed to me so i see no reason to try playing it.

Fine then. See if I care. I was only trying to be helpful. ;(

Watchers are fairly prominent figures in the Wheel of Time series. It may end up not being the case, but the world serpent, combined with the use of the term "Watcher," combined with us having knowledge that Obsidian is working, at least in part, on Wheel of Time RPGs, means if I were a betting man, I would go with the reveal being a WoT game.

Edited by dystopialand

Highlander would fit but I think theres another way to look at it. Many of the proper nouns have a very celtic composition and sound. Combine this with the Viking imagery of the serpent I could see this being a new IP centered around a fantasy version of England in the late 700's to early 800's where you have first a Viking invasion but then a blending of culture when the Vikings settle and start to mingle with the native English. Of course, this would have to take place near northern England because the rest of England had shifted to germanic language and culture and forced out the native Celts.

Watchers are fairly prominent figures in the Wheel of Time series. It may end up not being the case, but the world serpent, combined with the use of the term "Watcher," combined with us having knowledge that Obsidian is working, at least in part, on Wheel of Time RPGs, means if I were a betting man, I would go with the reveal being a WoT game.

No, Watchers are not fairly prominent figures in WoT. The Amyrlin Seat has the title of Watcher of the Seals (an honorific since the Aes Sedai haven't had the seals for nearly 1000 years), the Watchers over the Waves got about three mentions before the Seanchan killed them for "watching for the wrong thing and forgetting what should have been remembered" and Moridin/Ishmael was referred to as the Watcher for about three or four chapters before being outed as Moridin. That's it, the only "Watchers" in WoT.

Watchmen RPG, clearly. Who Watchers the Watchermen?

Or maybe a Pratchett/ Sapkowski crossover featuring Sam Geralt of Ankh-Rivia.

I'd prefer a Pratchett/Games Workshop crossover featuring Orks. Just Orks.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

When I heard the word "Watcher" I immediately thought of (the television show) Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, followed by the Watchers from Candlekeep (of Baldur's Gate). Obviously, one of those is quite a bit more likely than the other.

Also, does anyone think that "Eternity" (or whatever the x's and .'s turn into) is just going to be the codename for the project? Like maybe they are calling it Eternity because its going to use a re-worked (or successor) version of the Infinity Engine...

No, Watchers are not fairly prominent figures in WoT. The Amyrlin Seat has the title of Watcher of the Seals (an honorific since the Aes Sedai haven't had the seals for nearly 1000 years), the Watchers over the Waves got about three mentions before the Seanchan killed them for "watching for the wrong thing and forgetting what should have been remembered" and Moridin/Ishmael was referred to as the Watcher for about three or four chapters before being outed as Moridin. That's it, the only "Watchers" in WoT.

Except, of course, for Tel'aran'rhiod, which has plenty of (lower case w) watchers. And if only one of the the "Watchers" you mentioned had something "weighty" hanging around their neck, like a shawl, perhaps...? And then of course the similarity of 2 to the opening stanza of every WOT book, discussing the constant, unstoppable turning of the wheel/world.

Don't have any idea if it's WOT or not, but I don't think it can be dismissed as easily as some are trying to.

Edited by ThinkerT