(4) What do the words mean?

It would obviously not be KOTOR 3, Baldur's Gate 3, and I don't think it has anything to do with Wheel of Time or Planescape. I think it's a new fantasy setting, probably high fantasy. This is what I hope at least.

Except both Chris Avellone and Josh Sawyer hate high fantasy. Chris said he wanted to make a game that turned high fantasy on it's head once though it looks a lot like Sawyer is going to be the lead on this one. They could both agree to do that though.

My best guess is a new IP funded by Kickstarter. While it could be fantasy, I haven't seen anything that explicitly excludes sci-fi influences. Craters big enough to be landmarks usually implies either technology or divine intervention in scope (or ridiculously powerful magic, which I hope it isn't).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It would obviously not be KOTOR 3, Baldur's Gate 3, and I don't think it has anything to do with Wheel of Time or Planescape. I think it's a new fantasy setting, probably high fantasy. This is what I hope at least.

Except both Chris Avellone and Josh Sawyer hate high fantasy. Chris said he wanted to make a game that turned high fantasy on it's head once though it looks a lot like Sawyer is going to be the lead on this one. They could both agree to do that though.

Sounds like high fantasy to me.

Sounds like high fantasy to me.

I wasn't arguing what it sounds like I'm saying none of the available heads want to do that. If it turns out to be high fantasy then fine but I'm just saying both of them have said numerous times they don't want to do high fantasy.

Edited by 80Maxwell08

Theurgist (4) is 'rank 4' in the forum...'levels'. Since GUILDMASTER has a wizard as his avatar, and Theurgist/Theurgy means: describes the practice of rituals, sometimes seen as magical in nature, performed with the intention of invoking the action or evoking the presence of one or more gods, especially with the goal of uniting with the divine, achieving henosis, and perfecting oneself. A lot of the the text I've seen seems to mention a more fantastical setting. I am guessing it is more than likely dealing heavily with magic, and assume that it is the Wheel of Time (the book logo has an ouroboros snake) as well.

Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World. Oddly enough, there has already been a Wheel of Time game (made by Legend Entertainment) and even more oddly enough, it was a first person shooter.

I hope that they use the Skyrim engine for this game, if this is the game they are actually making.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Wheel_of_Time

You can see the Wheel of Time book series logo.

You do realize the ouroboros is fairly common in mythology right? Also if this has to do with wheel of time why aren't red eagle games announcing it and obsidian linking to it since they would only be helping not leading?

Do we know how much Obsidian is involved? Perhaps the project's evolved to the point where it's mainly Obsidian. Seems like a fairly clear correlation between the prominent logo and the fact Obsidian is working, at least in some capacity, on the WoT game series. The quotes don't seem to have much to do with the novels, though, but who knows at this point what it's going to be.

I wasn't arguing what it sounds like I'm saying none of the available heads want to do that. If it turns out to be high fantasy then fine but I'm just saying both of them have said numerous times they don't want to do high fantasy.

When did they say that? Maybe they changed their minds. Maybe they found something like high fantasy that interests them. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

When did they say that? Maybe they changed their minds. Maybe they found something like high fantasy that interests them. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

I think Chris Avellone said it on his blog and I also think someone linked an interview with George Ziets here where he said both Avellone and Sawyer said they disliked high fantasy and whatever they were working on wasn't high fantasy.

EDIT: It appears I read it wrong with Sawyer but I know Chris said he didn't like the concept of high fantasy.

Edited by 80Maxwell08

http://en.wikipedia....i/Wheel_of_Time

You can see the Wheel of Time book series logo.

You do realize the ouroboros is fairly common in mythology right? Also if this has to do with wheel of time why aren't red eagle games announcing it and obsidian linking to it since they would only be helping not leading?

Do we know how much Obsidian is involved? Perhaps the project's evolved to the point where it's mainly Obsidian. Seems like a fairly clear correlation between the prominent logo and the fact Obsidian is working, at least in some capacity, on the WoT game series. The quotes don't seem to have much to do with the novels, though, but who knows at this point what it's going to be.

If it evolved to it being mainly Obsidian then why did Red Eagle run the kickstarter with another company, Jet Set games, and not mention Obsidian at all? Also Obsidian aren't really mobile developers

Im going to asume that it will definitely not be even a "normal" fantasy game,

Anyway the words feel too surrealistic to me, spanish traslation is like twice as long and thats my best surrealist-o-meter. And that probably means that thw words mean nothing surreal at all.

All of the US copyrights of TORN (for videogames) have been cancelled and not renewed by Interplay. No one owns the copyright currently, and I pretty sure this is not TORN.

Anyways a new fantasy IP by Obsidian would be most welcome <3

... I think you mean trademark? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i don't know how many of you have played Planescape: Torment and read the extensive dialogue in detail but as far as i remember it told about

interlayed, weaved realities. It had at least 3 different "layers". The outer void-like abstract layer of reality, inner "normal" reality and the core-reality where all the

realities weaved into one surreal plane of existence where anything was possible. Correct me if i'm wrong.

This makes me believe all those cross-referencing remarks of mythos and beautiful poetic passages are from a new Planescape game,

and since that universe is so free of restraint when it comes to creative freedom - it would be a perfect starting point for a new game (whatever it turns out to be about)

I think Nose Mythology would be great new ground to explore in an RPG. The moral quandaries of the twin windy, jungle caverns of moist woe should be addressed. The war of the disgusting green beasties against the plight of the elements and the godless Digital Foes would make for a gripping tale.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: