(4) What do the words mean?

I never really got a lot of people's fascination with IPs and names. I really don't care whether a game is called Alpha Protocol 2, Theta Service Level Agreement, Planescape: Torment 2, or NonEuclideanSurfacescape: Annoyance. The point is whether a game includes game design I appreciate, like AP's dialogue system, Looking Glass Studios' design philosophy, or Torment's emphasis on non combat gameplay.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i agree with above, but you forgot that many of those "names & IP's" hold their power just due to the fact that they represent those design choices... like the Planescape: Torment's focus on the story delivery on the non-combat side just like you said.

The reason why i'm excited when i see "Planescape 2: the return of the deep conversations" is just because it promises me the greatness of the first one and more.

But it's true what you say Pidesco, those game designs choices are far more important than the IP's or names because their results run so much deeper. Some simple mechanics could leave a mark on you for the rest of your life, even if the package that employs those mechanics is flawed in nearly every other facet.

And to be honest, i don't care if the game focuses on combat or arcade style movement or whatever... if it does so in the context of the story as well as games like Planescape did.

"I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then all your waking hours are suffering."

or should i say... torment.

Yeah it's a countdown. I started watching when it was at 4.

same here. it updates in 24-hour cycles. it means we will have some answers in 48-hours or less... or at least that's what i hope.

Yeah, I feel tormented well enough, mind you. ;) Can't wait for anything what's about to come! Also, I'm new around here - so, hi everybody. :3

welcome to the happy tormented/waiting bunch!

Ok, so for efficiency's sake let's avoid redundancy and make a list of things that were mentioned as possibilities in this thread but are 100% NOT it.

So far we have

Fallout 4

Dungeon Siege 4

Elder Scrolls game

What else?

Edit: Just sayin': http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/obsidian

Edited by himmy