(4) What do the words mean?

Remember, though, the words mean nothing. Could be just the "4" and the Ouroboros that are actually important...

That said, I've been looking forward to a new game to be excited about, and I now hope this could be it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ooh Jormungandr, colour me intrigued, brightened up my day.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I came up empty, an Ouroboros isn't exactly uncommon lol. It does sound/look like a fantasy game though. The "4" is alarming me though, since I just can't figure out what game it could be following. Or perhaps it's just the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse xD

Wheel of Time perhaps?

Edited by Wintermist

Yeah the number 4 is putting me off as well.

I can't find any significant refference to the number in the cthulhu mythos, but im not that familiar with the works.

Wheel of time would be awesome, but I am realy hoping for an investigation rpg in Lovecrafts settings.

• Like 1

An RPG Codex poster has noticed that "Eir Glanfath" is an anagram of "The Fang Lair", so it's going to be a Vampire RPG. :p

On a related note, The Fang Lair is also a location in The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge.

Edited by Crooked Bee

Yeah the number 4 is putting me off as well.

I can't find any significant refference to the number in the cthulhu mythos, but im not that familiar with the works.

According to something I read elsewhere, the reveal will happen in 4 days, so the number appears to be a simple countdown.

If you are looking for any meaning to the number 4, the only one I can think of is that it's considered an unlucky number in Japan, because it has the same pronunciation as the word "death".

It's not DS4, It's not Fallout 4, It's not Elder Scrolls, so let's move on from that. It's 100%.

And it's probably not Wheel of Time.

All I know is that it's sparked my interest, seeing as I made my way back here. I hope it's a new IP, I could use one of those right about now.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The distinction between snakes and dragons is fairly elastic, but the point is irrelevant. It's clearly the ouroboros.

Not sure what its significance is. It may simply be decorative, since the ouroboros in the ancient world could symbolise eternity; it could therefore here simply have meaning in that it surrounds the number, as a symbolic representation of '4' here referring to four days.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Doubtful considering everyone is currently working on something. The most vocal person about doing a Kickstarter is Chris Avellone and he's stated if he's going to do one it won't be until Wasteland 2 is done.

That doesn't mean Josh couldn't do his own Kickstarter without Chris. :thumbsup:

Bethesda owns the Fallout license, and will produce FO4 internally. If Obsidian ever make another Fallout, it won't be until a Bethesda FO4 comes out - meaning, at least 3 years out.

Sorry. :biggrin:

So, you are confirming that Obsidian will be doing another Fallout at least 3 years from now? :biggrin: