(4) What do the words mean?

Dungeon Siege 3 was also referred as project x. I never played the game but I dont think people here are happy about the idea of a new DS game .

I wouldn't say unhappiness. More a lack of enthusiasm. DS3 was great from a technical perspective in that it lacked the usual bugginess that most Obsidian games seem to suffer from to some degree, but it wasn't anything special beyond that.

Edited by Deraldin

From BrotherNone at the codex

Yeah, it should be pretty obvious it's as GameBanshee that we three got an early peek. Not super-duper much though, and don't expect like a ton of super-exclusive content, just one step ahead of others, and for good reason as Buck helped inspire this project.

By some accounts the canceled Defiance project Sawyer headed up was vital to Obsidian's solvency. If that is the case, they'd be looking for a new gig on short notice. DS3 was made quickly and competently with relatively little publisher investment, and turned a tidy profit because of it. Seems likely that Squeenix was happy enough with how it turned out to take our guys on again for DS4.

I'm not really thrilled with the mythology / world of DS (or Wheel of Time, for that matter) but I'll buy it, and Obsidian will continue to kick with (hopefully) another technically sound release and a healthy, happy dev-publisher relationship.

I doubt be a Fallout game because Beth didnt announce it first; although would be great if Obsidian worked in FO4. I just hope be a great RPG . Obsidian is well known for their passion developing RPGs but i also hope they dont repeat some things that made some of their last games a lil frustrating like checkpoints in AP, couch coop in DS3 (I loved the game but tryin to play local coop was very frustrating and Online was like watching the movie Stuck on you). Im glad you are working in a new game and like always i expect the best of you because i know you can deliver. Good Luck !

It's a gamble, but I sort of hope it might be one of those small steps towards self-publishing, if they could find investment fund for smaller games and reap the entirety of the profits themselves to finance more ambitious projects (provided the smaller games don't tank badly of course),

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm very exited for this, unless a) it's Dungeon Siege 4 or b) console exclusive. This would make me rage at least for a whole 2 minutes.

Though, if it is running on Onyx, then it is doubtful that it would be console exclusive. I mean, it could be, but I just don't believe that it would be.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."