(4) What do the words mean?

I think that Obsidian is contracting with the creators of Kerbel Space program to create a fantasy genre RPG that couple Battlestar Galactica with Kerbels to take us to the 4th planet from the sun.

In epic fashion we will go where no Kerbel has gone before!!!! That and there will be 4 random dragons eating themselves flying around the galaxy that you must save.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ BEST SPACE GAME EVER! My buddies at SpaceX play this on their lunches as a race to get to the moon :)

Edited by XxX Post XxX

Obsidian's very own kickstarter game maybe?
Doubtful considering everyone is currently working on something. The most vocal person about doing a Kickstarter is Chris Avellone and he's stated if he's going to do one it won't be until Wasteland 2 is done.

Doubtful? Maybe. But keep in mind Kickstarter takes a while to execute and then gather funds, and you don't need a lot of people just to start pre-production. With South Park SoT cycling down sooner rather than later, there's no reason not to look forward on this now.

Will it run on Onyx?

Seems like a safe assumption.

Edited by Brother None

inXile line producer

Obsidian's very own kickstarter game maybe?
Doubtful considering everyone is currently working on something. The most vocal person about doing a Kickstarter is Chris Avellone and he's stated if he's going to do one it won't be until Wasteland 2 is done.

Doubtful? Maybe. But keep in mind Kickstarter takes a while to execute and then gather funds, and you don't need a lot of people just to start pre-production. With South Park SoT cycling down sooner rather than later, there's no reason not to look forward on this now.

Will it run on Onyx?

There's still months to go on the South Park game however and so far that's the closest game to release. Also I heavily doubt they would run a kickstarter when no one is available to work on it.

EDIT: Granted I have no idea what Josh Sawyer is doing so if that Black Hound project can somehow relate to this then maybe.

Edited by 80Maxwell08

Will it run on Onyx?

Well, I've learned that assumptions tends to come back and bite me in the ass :p

Also curious about the scope of the project. Is it "indie" sized, "aaa" sized, for mobile devices only, tonnes of questions besides IP.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On the Codex, George Ziets said:

The writing reminds me a lot of various proposals that went around the Obsidian office, usually originating with Avellone or Sawyer. None of them ever saw the light of day because publishers didn

Please, please, please be something I can play a chick in cause I'm starved here and the future of games looks grim for me. No offense to you guys, I just find myself drawing way more enjoyment from a game with a relatable gender protagonist. With Mass Effect, Kotor, and Tomb Raider all pretty much completely ruined for me, there isn't much I'm looking forward to for games.

I'm way too excited over something I know nothing about, all I know is Obsidian is doing an RPG and that's plenty to be excited over.

water is good

As long as it's not a D&D4 game, I'm happy.

*Secretly hopes for a Wheel of Time game*

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Talking seriously now.

80% chance that this game will be "wheel of time".

Too much of a coincidence that both wheel of time logo and the obsidian page logo would have an ouroboro (dragon eating itself).

My bets go to "Wheel of time". If so i hope they can deliver a unique experience in a mind blowing universe. I hope for an open world RPG with tons of creatures and places to explore.

Elder Scrolls Online also uses an ouroboros, and they definitely aren't doing anything Elder Scrolls.

The Wheel of Time collaboration appeared to lapse quite some time ago with Red Eagle not getting much done anywhere, but I guess you can't rule it out.

Icewind Dale 3 is not out of the question, though I'm not so sure about that.

As Vince D Weller pointed out on the Codex, Red Eagle had the lead on Wheel of Time, not Obsidian. As it's their project, wouldn't they be the ones announcing it?

makes sense.

Elder Scrolls Online also uses an ouroboros, and they definitely aren't doing anything Elder Scrolls.

The Wheel of Time collaboration appeared to lapse quite some time ago with Red Eagle not getting much done anywhere, but I guess you can't rule it out.

Icewind Dale 3 is not out of the question, though I'm not so sure about that.

the fact that Wheel of time was shown before having some sort of relation to obsidian lead me to think that.

As Vince D Weller pointed out on the Codex, Red Eagle had the lead on Wheel of Time, not Obsidian. As it's their project, wouldn't they be the ones announcing it?

2010: Red Eagle announced WOT the game with EA Partners-Program, also saying that Obsidian would be working with development team.

AUG 2012: Red Eagle makes a Kickstarter for WOT. Meaning that they probably did not want to deal with EA and wanted to have the creative freedom all developers / dev studios want to have.

AUG 2012: 5 days after Kickstarter goes up for WOT (Red Eagle Games) it comes down and no update since then.

Obsidian has a lot of Vet's in the gaming industry, especially from a RPG standpoint.

They also have a great engine (Onyx) which I'm sure holds some pretty powerful game making tools which could probably be of help to Red Eagle Games if they're still continuing development for WOT.

I could be way off, but this is my guess :D

Edited by Kalador

Dungeon Siege 4 comes to mind but it seems too easy. "Dirge of Eir Glanfath" sounds like something out of the DS verse though.

Neverwinter Nights 4? Unless the MMO is considered as the 3rd game, it"s not that. Same for KOTOR 4. (I'd love a new NWN though)

Fallout 4? Nope, Bethesda is working on it. An add-on to Fallout 4, ala FNV? Too soon.

People talk about the Wheel of Time but the "project" is way too old to be teased like that.

Arcanum 2, now with four lands to explore? Drat, it sounds like a wet dream. Dream aborted.

A new IP? Maybe. It would explain a little more the number. It could be an arc number, the number of heroes or something like that. Related to kickstarter? I wish not. I'd love an Obsidian kickstarter but any new AAA contract is good news for the company.

Also, holy carp: 265 user(s) are reading this topic. Even i can't believe there are so many people at the same time on this forum.

Edited by Auxilius

Never really was a DS fan. Dammit, why can't somebody do something like Simon Bisley's "Slaine" as a CRPG? :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein